free hit counter

CSU is a text-based, self-hosted roleplay site created in 2013. It's set in Colorado at a fictional university. Register with your character's first and last name with proper capitalization. Unfortunately due to the presence of bots we've had to turn on admin validation of all accounts, so please be patient with us or drop us a message in the cbox to remind us you're here! Once your account has been validated, feel free to apply with a profile and join in the fun!

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

♪ a brand new beginning

open

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Blair Adams_*

Guest_Blair Adams_*

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

Blair got out of her physiology class early and made her way back towards central campus. Normally she would meet her sisters for coffee after class but since she had half an hour to kill after her exam she decided she'd sit and enjoy the unseasonably warm weather outside. She missed Alabama. Going home for Thanksgiving break had been an interesting experience for Blair. She had flown home on the Tuesday night red-eye and back on Sunday afternoon so that she could stay for the Iron Bowl. Her boys had won bu the sting of having to see her high school sweetheart play in the game still resonated with her. They had only broken up in July after dating for four and a half years. Blair and Alex had grown to be best friends over that time and they had promised to stay friends when they realized that long distance just wasn't working. They tried to make that work over the summer but when Blair left to return to Centennial the conversations got shorter and shorter and eventually they stopped.

Blair walked through the campus courtyard and eventually found a tree that no one was occupying. She sat down beneath it, careful to position her skirt in exactly the right way. She looked through her bag and instead of pulling out her phone to send Alex a text she pulled out her notebook. It was the much safer option. She also dug out a small pack of colored pencils and looked around. The autumn leaves were beautiful. She started sketching without paying any attention to the world around her. In that moment it was just Blair and the autumn colors that surrounded her. She wasn't sure how long she had been sitting there but at some point she noticed a shadow covering her page. Blair wasn't upset at the intrusion, but was curious. She looked up to see who had come to join her. "Hey." she greeted them quietly, still slightly off in her own little world.
© darren criss

#2 Robbie Wallace

Robbie Wallace

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:25 PM

"Hey!" Robbie chirped her greeting back with a smile that matched his cheerful tone. "Am I interrupting? When I saw you I thought I'd say hello, but if you're busy..." he nodded to the notebook as he let the sentence trail off. Robbie always enjoyed hanging out with Blair, but studying was important, and he certainly wouldn't want to stand in the way of that.

Literally stand, he realized belatedly, and squatted down so that he wasn't towering over her.

#3 Guest_Blair Adams_*

Guest_Blair Adams_*

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:12 AM

Blair smiled up at the familiar face. Robbie Wallace was one of the few people that was always welcome in Blair's life. He was in some classes with her and ran the same route she did in the mornings. She stashed the colored pencils away and closed the notebook. "I'm not busy at all." Blair stretched out her legs and set the notebook back in her bag as well.

"I'm actually quite glad for the interruption. Please, sit. Or we can walk." She added as an afterthought. "Either way... How was your Thanksgiving?"

#4 Robbie Wallace

Robbie Wallace

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

Seeing as she was already sitting and he was half of the way there himself, Robbie opted to sit and settled back into the grass, carefully arranging his long legs in front of him in a manner that wouldn't disrupt her things. "My thanksgiving was great!" he said with a wide smile. "A buddy of mine was able to give me a ride home. It was really nice of him, since it was a little out of the way, but it was great to see everyone. I swear my youngest sister has grown a foot since the summer" His face practically radiated how proud he was, but also a little hint of sadness. It was gone by the time he continued. "How about yours? You went home too, right?" 

#5 Guest_Blair Adams_*

Guest_Blair Adams_*

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:44 AM

Blair nodded. "I did go home. It wasn't nearly long enough." she sighed. It had been a fairly good trip, even if it wasn't perfect. "I wish I'd driven like you did, though. Have you ever flown the during the holiday rush? It's kind of hell!" Blair informed Robbie. She had hated the airport on Tuesday and on the way home as well. "I might be tempted to walk back to Alabama for Christmas."

Blair smiled at Robbie. She knew that she was being slightly ridiculous but she also didn't really care. He was the kind of person she could be that way with. "Any big plans for the rest of the semester?" she asked him. It was getting close to finals time but that didn't mean that fun couldn't be had as well.

#6 Robbie Wallace

Robbie Wallace

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

As she talked of her travels, Robbie's face shifted from sympathetic to her flight rush to amused by the idea that she'd rather walk home. Then his face scrunched slightly as he considered her final question. "Baseball practice is starting up, but other than finals, I'm just looking forward to Christmas. We go all out with decorating and baking. Everyone gets involved." His face had a far away look as he spoke, then focused back on Blair.

"How about you? Assuming you survive the walk home, of course." He tried to act like it was a serious question, but Robbie was never good at keeping his true emotions off of his face, and the smile broke through almost immediately.

#7 Guest_Blair Adams_*

Guest_Blair Adams_*

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

Blair's face lit up at the mention of baseball practice. She was a sports girl through and through. That's why she was majoring in sports management & recreation, even though she had no idea what she was going to do once she got her degree. The world of sports was a man's world and even with a father in the business it was going to be hard for her to be taken seriously as a woman, unless some major changes happened in the next two and a half years. She made a mental note to go and watch a few practices. "You should hook me up with a schedule. I want to watch!"

Blair shoved Robbie playfully. "It's not funny. You, sir, are going to get some very irritated snapchats from the Birmingham airport." Blair thought Robbie's Christmas plans sounded great. They sounded a lot like her own actually. She and Avery were very close to their parents and she knew that between baking cookies and playing pick-up football in the backyard it was going to be a great break. "We get pretty into the holidays, too. Any family time really. Someone will steal cookies from the neighbors gift baskets before they go out, someone else will get bruised by a football, and someone's going to forget to wrap a present. It's chaos but I love it that way! It's all worth it to see the lights on the tree and spend time together though."

#8 Robbie Wallace

Robbie Wallace

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

Robbie nodded in response to the request for a practice schedule. His smiled stayed firmly on his place, enjoying her snippets of Christmas life at the Adams'. "That sounds like a lot of fun." One thing did confuse him though. "Why do you steal the neighbors cookies?" That sounded mean, not nice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D