free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

And He Walked In

Robbie Wallace

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

Last class, last final, Valerie felt like she could breathe again.  It would be a little while before Melissa was done with her last final though as she had two today and one was later in the day; just the luck of things, the blonde girl supposed.   She thought Adrian was done with his, after their talk last night but wasn’t certain if he had anything to do today.

The girl had made a few friends since starting here, though with how shy she could be, it wasn’t a lot of them.  Still, there were a few people she wanted to take the time to wish them a good break and hope they have a safe trip, wherever they were headed.  Many of them were headed home, which wasn’t surprising, but the young woman didn’t know until after she had managed to find most of them. 

Now, though the blonde was sitting in the student center.  It was too cold to wait for her sister outside and it seemed like a better option, at the moment, than the cafeteria.   Valerie had taken to writing poetry in her spare time, well; really during the semester she didn’t have much spare time but when she could.  Finding it a good way to express her feelings, especially, those she wasn’t ready to say out loud

So, at the moment, she said with a coffee, a pencil and a notebook, jotting down a few words making them flow from line to line.   After two poems down, a break was taken to drink her coffee which was now at the right temperature and think about what to put down next. 

#2 Robbie Wallace

Robbie Wallace

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:43 AM

Robbie had been making his way through the Student Center when he spied Valerie at one of the tables. "Valerie, hi!" He said with a bright smile as he came up beside her. "Mind if I join you?" He nodded to one of the empty chairs. He only belatedly noticed her notebook, and immediately looked repentant. "Or if you're busy I can go." He jerked a thumb over his shoulder in the direction of the exit. 

#3 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

The young woman hadn’t noticed Robbie until he spoke. Even without looking up though she probably would have recognized his voice. Valerie looked up and returned the smile though hers probably came out a little more timid than his had; it was still friendly. ”Hi.”

Anyone that knew Valerie, not even for that long and certainly all of friends knew she was shy, very shy really. However, she wasn’t that way around her family and it was less so around friends. Robbie was a friend so she could manage an actual conversation with him.

”Oh, it’s nothing important. You don’t have to go.” It wasn’t and she really didn’t want him to leave but the fact that he might stay caused her heart to race just a little. Which Valerie wanted to chalk up to her shyness but that wasn’t exactly all it was.

#4 Robbie Wallace

Robbie Wallace

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:09 AM

Robbie took no offense (or even any apparent notice) to the timid reception. Instead the wide smile he nearly always wore was back in place as he slid into the closest chair, pleased as he always was to run into a friend, and even more pleased that she wasn't busy. "It's so good to see you! I thought everyone had gone home for the break already."

#5 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

Valerie was always worried that her shyness might be taken as being standoffish, the girl probably couldn't have been standoffish if she tried, it just wasn’t in her. She was glad when he decided to take a seat near hers even if it made her swallow a little but not in a way that anyone would notice.

There she was now, alone in a room with Robbie Wallace. While Robbie was a friend , he was also the kind of guy that Valerie could easily develop a crush on. It wasn’t just that he was attractive to her, actually, that had little to do with it but he was so nice and kind and that was the kind of man that Valerie tended to like.

Too his comment, the girl shook her head. ”No, my sister doesn’t get done with her last final until this afternoon. “ If they were going any place it wouldn’t be for a little while . ”So, do you have plans for break?”

#6 Robbie Wallace

Robbie Wallace

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

"I'm catching a ride home with a buddy but his last final isn't until Friday either. But I can't wait! My family goes all out for Christmas. Lots of food and tons of decorations. The decorated the tree already," As he said this last part, Robbie had pulled out his phone (an older, clunkier model but it still had photo capabilities) and scrolled through a few pictures before turning the screen toward Valerie. It showed a large Christmas tree overloaded with tinsel, garland, and hodge podge decorations. four girls ranging in age from elementary to hig school age who resembled Robbie stood around it, two kneeling in front of it and two standing on either sides.  

It was clear from his expression and tone that Robbie was really excited about going home and the upcoming holiday with his family, although there was a small undercurrent of disappointment that was very unlike Robbie when he talked about the tree already being decorated. He seemed to noticed it , or perhaps that was just the maximum amount of disappointment that Robbie Wallace's body could stand before focusing on something positive because he added, "But there will still be lots to do I get home. Dad said he'd wait to put up the lights until I was there to help."

#7 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

”That sounds like fun.” The young woman nodded and then looked at the picture on the cell phone. “Are those your sisters?” It was a little surprising to see a family that size but Valerie wasn’t really taken aback by it, just curious. She just hoped that she hadn’t asked anything to personal.

He seemed very excited to be going home for the holidays, Valerie didn’t know what it was like to be in a big family but she knew how much fun her own family could have when the actually all got together. The girl could only imagine it would be a great deal of fun, well; at least that was what she envisioned with Robbie’s family. There was a certain sense that he wished he could have been home sooner, or so Valerie thought but couldn’t be certain. ”It sounds like your family goes all out for it.” She smiled.

”I’m staying here with my brother and sister but my parents are coming for a few days. We’re decorating the tree and our place probably tomorrow. Then I’ll be doing a lot of baking.” A thought ran though her head, he hadn’t really asked her about her plans. What if he didn’t want to hear about them? What if she just sounded stupid? Valerie could only hope not but didn’t know what had come over her to be this talkative.

#8 Robbie Wallace

Robbie Wallace

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:03 AM

"Yeah. That's Michelle, Heather, Jennifer, and Marie." He pointed at each of the girls in turn, a wide, fond smile on his face as he did so. "They're all still living at home. I'm the oldest. We always go way over the top with decorations." He admitted, but didn't look at all ashamed or embarrassed. "Especially the tinsel. We put tinsel on everything. So much so that we keep finding it around the house throughout the year. I think my sisters purposefully stash it in places. I found some in my dorm room last year. I'm still not sure how they managed that one..." He trailed off, brow furrowed in concentration, but far from being angry over their antics, the warmth in his voice was almost tangible as he spoke about his sisters. 

Robbie listened to her plans for the holiday with interest. He would have asked about them anyway if she hadn't volunteered the information. "That's really great that your parents are coming here! With three of you in one place, that makes more sense. Especially with you having that apartment with them. Baking is one of my favorite parts of the holidays. Well, less the baking itself but the eating what comes out." Robbie said with a teasing grin. He had a terrible sweet tooth, one that anyone who spent any amount of time around him would pick up on. 

#9 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

It didn’t surprise her that he was close to his family; actually, it was kind of nice. Actually, Valerie was close to her family, well her family now and they were who she considered family. Her father was always referred to, on the rare occasion the young woman discussed him, as her biological father, her adopted father was Dad. Making the difference between them huge, which it was. Not that it mattered that much as, outside her family, she tended to not discuss her biological father anyway. Her biological mother was referred as that but more for clarification purposes, as she had had a good relationship with the woman.

”I can imagine it must have get hectic at times.” It was said in more of a light way, than that would be a problem. She nodded to the tinsel comment. ”It does seem to do that. I think we have tinsel in our place that was shipped with the decorations.” She liked tinsel but was believer in using only the biodegradable non harmful to animals kind. However, Valerie was also not the type to lecture anyone about that kind of thing and for all she knew he did use that type. The obvious endearment he had for his sisters was tangible in his voice and made him even more likable to her.

Her eyes lit up a little when talking about her own family and their plans, and the baking. He liked baked goods was filed into her mind for hopefully use later. ”I love to bake; it’s one of my favorite things to do for the holidays. Is there a baked good that you prefer?” Well, now they were talking about something she felt very comfortable with. ”Besides that, Adrian and Melissa and I were talking about going away for a few days after our parents leave though we hadn’t really decided where, yet.”

#10 Robbie Wallace

Robbie Wallace

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

"Cookies," Robbie answered with certainty and without hesitation. Only to hastily add, "Or pie. Cakes are good too. And..." He stopped and ducked his head a little in embarrassment. "Pretty much everything is my favorite. It's so cool that you get to do something you love over the holiday and share it. Did your mom teach you? Or your dad?" He added, because it really wasn't fair to assume it was always women who baked. "I mean, was it something you learned growing up."

He nodded along as she spoke about going out with her siblings. "I be that will be a lot of fun, wherever you go."

#11 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

Valerie smiled at his answer, it reminded her a little of the way her older brother might respond to that question. The information was placed in the back of her mind, she wondered if she should make him something . She settled on making sure he got some cookies before he left for his trip back.

”My mom taught me.” On both accounts that was true. Her biological mother had given her the basics of cooking and baking and her adoptive mom had added on to what she already knew. The blonde girl had some good memories of those times and she liked the fact that it connected all three of them in a way. ”Though I’ve added to what I already knew.” There was no boasting in that, it was just the truth. Valerie did make baked goods that her adopted mother wouldn’t even attempt.

For a brief moment the young woman thought about explaining all of that to Robbie about being adopted but she stopped herself. If she ever did reveal it to him this wasn’t the time or place to do that. Sometimes, she wondered how many people thought that she and Adrian were twins.

The girl nodded, it was obvious she was looking forward to the time with her parents and her siblings. ”Do you have any big plans with your family when you get home?” She meant other than the decorating and things he had already told her , for all she knew they could have something else planned.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Robbie Wallace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D