free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

At A Lost For Words

Mario Malkavia Sasha Campbell

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:06 AM

Sasha walked into the mall swiftly, shaking a bit of the cold air off herself. She felt like she was adjusting fine to the Colorado weather, but then she'd been coming to ski in Steamboat Springs practically her whole life. Now that pledging was officially over, she could actually time to enjoy herself and hit the slopes. She may not be able to run, but she could at least get some cardio in downhill and cross country skiing. She almost felt like she had too much free time on her hands, she didn't realize just how much time was spent pledging and reading her pledge book. With all of the older sisters planning and coordinating -insert event name here- activities, Sasha had plenty of time on her hands. 

Too much time it sometimes seemed, and even with almost every normal waking hour planned out, she still had to deal with the hours after the nightmares, which still only allowed her at max 4 hours of sleep. For that reason she was now at the bookstore hoping to find some reading to do on those early morning when her homework was done, and the rest of the world was quiet. She was about to make a beeline to the young adult literature section when she saw him. It was then that she instantly stood still. Then she had to unzip and take off her coat. Talk about hot and bothered!

Mario Malkavia, football player and older brother to one of the girls on the team, officially Sasha's first crush. He just seemed so amazing to her, and she really wished she could know him better. Seeing him at an off campus book store, for the first time in 2015, made whatever those new feelings inside of her grow even more. She made eye contact with him, and calmly walked over to him. "Hey there Mario, finding anything good?" She smiled her money making smile hoping it would hide her nervous butterflies in her stomach. 

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#2 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Creative Writing/History
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

It was a rare day lately that Mario got to the bookstore; between practice , classes and the literary magazine he didn’t have nearly as much time as he would like to just spend time browsing though the aisles to eventually find a few books he wanted and buy them. Today though was a rare day with little for the man to do and he had decided early in the day that he would spend some of it here.

His biggest concern at the moment however wasn’t himself it was his younger sister Aurora. She seemed to be doing more things he was unaware of and things she didn’t want to talk to him about. He was starting to wonder if maybe he had held the reins a little too tight with both her and Belle but he was worried about his sisters getting hurt by anyone. He knew Aurora wouldn’t do anything too crazy and so had given her a little more space; he just wanted to get back to the time when they could talk about anything. Belle really never seemed to mind how protective he was but she spent a good deal of her time studying.

The bookstore was a good way to relax and he had been wandering about for about an half an hour or so when a familiar voice caught his ear. He looked up to see Sasha Campbell in front of him. He knew her because he tended to know all the cheerleaders because of being on the football team but also he had helped out more than one of them out of a tight spot. Mario was a reliable guy to go to for help and the cheerleaders tended to know that. He smiled at her. ”Hi. Not yet but I’ve not been here that long. How about you? Have you found anything ?”

Mariosig%20copy_zpsgazhvuiq.jpg

#3 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:04 AM

Sasha had literally been cool calm and collected when she had strutted her boots into the mall. Now she felt awkward in her skin and afraid to say something wrong. Part of her hated this feeling, and wondered why him? She could spend a hot and sweaty hour at the gym with Peter, a campus heartthrob, and still be all 'meh' about his obvious charms. Coming just within a few feet of Mario and all the confidence seemed to melt away. If this is what all other teenagers have been going through, there was no wonder that there was so much angst!

At the same time everything she hated about feeling those awful crush feelings, she still looked forward to the next time she would feel them. Had talked herself out of several schemes to spend more time with him, reminding herself that she was inexperienced and would kick herself for a long time if her scheme failed and she embarrassed herself. Of course now fate had brought her to the same place as him. 

When she looked at him she saw the obvious, the very attractive guy, who as some of her sorority sisters said, had been  built for sin. Being a red blooded female meant that this was not the first time she'd thought of 'sinning' with someone obviously hot. What made him so appealing was that he just seemed to fit comfortably where ever he was, like he was just the right piece to finish the puzzle. She hadn't paid him any attention at first, as was her custom with football players, she was there for the crowd, until she saw him being so attentive to his sister.

Before she had just seen a carefree maybe a little wild freshmen such as herself. Then when Mario had come to check on his sister instead of going to celebrate a victory with the team, in one moment the picture snapped into place. The carefree girl could be carefree because she knew that she had a big brother who would be there to help keep everything together. In that same instance her ability to be the smooth and collected Campbell heir had been forever compromised in his presence. 

Despite worrying she would say or do the wrong thing, unlike the usual 'keeping up appearances', Sasha smiled her money making smile. "I actually haven't had a chance to explore the bookstore here too much yet. But now that I've exhausted the collection I brought from home, decided to check in here before ordering more. I guess I just got so excited to see you I came right over. Er...I mean I really appreciate that someone else is beating out the stereotypes. A football player and a cheerleader walk into a bookstore sounds like the beginning of a bad joke rather than an actual occurence. I like that we aren't being bound by the brainless jock archetype. " Sasha scolded herself for talking too much but kept that smile on her face. "I'm a big fan of classic literature, like Austen, Dickens and Twain. What about you?"

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#4 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:21 PM

Mario had no idea that Sasha had a crush on him; really he had no idea that any girl had a crush on him, even though several might have. It wasn’t that he was oblivious but he was too nice of a guy to really act on anything, without, knowing for sure that the girl wanted it. Even then, it would never just be a one night stand; he respected women too much for that. It would have to be a number of dates, a more serious relationship, etc. to get to anything physical. Too many of the college girls had a different idea about him; upon first glance, they were usually disappointed that he wouldn’t just take them to bed. So, it wasn’t that Mario hadn’t noticed Sasha or how attractive she was. He wasn’t blind but he wasn’t the type to be a jerk or really act upon that fact.

Mario took care of his sisters; people knew that about him. It would have been hard on the man if his sisters had gone to different colleges than him. His protective nature though didn’t end with his sisters; he was protective of women in general or at least would be there for anyone who needed him. Whether he knew that person well or not had little to do with it. It was just his nature.

He knew that people had expectations on them, to act a certain way or do certain things, he just hoped that people would be more comfortable around him than to feel the need to do that. So, he would have been happy to know that Sasha had let down her guard around him. Mario gave the girl a smile as she talked. ”Well, it’s always good to know that someone else is a literature buff. He paused a moment. ”Oh, I like everyone you mentioned. I’m into the classics and historical fiction. I will read almost anything once though…just to try it.” It was likely she didn’t know his major; after all, he didn’t know hers but it was a little amusing to watch the looks on people’s faces when they found out. ”Well, maybe we can look together. I need some new reading material, myself”

#5 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:56 AM

Sasha was proud of herself for this meeting being by chance, that she had resisted an urge to barge into his life with some haphazard excuse for being there. She was not one of those women like her mother who felt that you had to conquer a man, and play mind games to make him think he was chasing you. While Sasha thought she could hold her own when it came to flirting, if she found the other party engaging enough, she had not the first clue of what came after that. Most of her observance of the cat and mouse world of dating had turned her off the whole process especially when you take into account how most of it was based off of social climbing. Sasha didn't want to date a resume, she was a secret romantic, and she wanted something real nothing like what her parents had. 

As she looked at Mario now she realized that if she was to do anything about her feelings she had to actually get to know him. Affection had been the only thing she had ever pined for in her life and now that she was older she realized that it wasn't just affection that she craved, she wanted to feel something for the person who gave it. Right now he was just the first real crush she had experienced, but obviously there had to be more to him. She couldn't look at him purely from her own perspective, it would be futile and she didn't like to waste time. Now was her opportunity to see the guy behind the idealized picture in her head. 

"At one point I had very few friends who weren't fictional characters. I spent hours upon hours in the library and dreamed of being a librarian, of course that was also when I believed that all librarians lived at the library." Sasha laughed softly as she sighed as she remembered the lonely young girl who spent the majority of her time reading. Sasha flushed a bit as she realized that she had really come in here to find a good romance novel, her guilty pleasures for the lonely mornings. Still she felt excitement inside at the thought of spending time finding books with Mario. "How about we venture into young adult fiction, we are after all, young adults! I'd like to find something with a bit of adventure, but not something that is currently being made as a movie." She was so over those Hollywood titles, maybe in a few years when all the movies were out she would peruse them, like she had just last summer read the Harry Potter series. 

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#6 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

While Mario was always patient and kind to the women who wanted to try to pursue him by playing games or attempting to manipulate him; and he had been approached by women like that in the past, he didn’t like that approach. To him the women that he would be interested in would attempt to get him like that and would just be herself around him; he liked that much better. He had dated before but never had a serious girlfriend; there had been interest but he felt that more serious relationships took time to develop, none of the girls he had dated had gone past the mark of serious but Mario also needed someone that would be alright with the whole; his sisters came first thing. That wasn’t an easy thing to find.

Mario would like to get to know Sasha better, as well. She seemed interesting and Mario liked getting to know most people better; he was always up for making more friends. He really had little critera for making friends beyond the person should be generally nice. He didn’t hold any preconceived notions about how certain people will act so he never assumed that.

He smiled slightly at her words. ”I used to spend hours at the library myself; when I could. I use bring home books and read them to my sisters; sometimes whether they wanted to hear them or not. Both Belle and Aurora learned to read fairly early but Clara wasn’t able to learn to read and Mario used to sit by her and read to her for hours sometimes. She seemed to enjoy it.

The man nodded. ”That sounds like a good idea. I’ve not read many of the young adult novels that are out.” Though it was probably the biggest section of fiction selling right now and he probably should familiarize himself with the genre. ”I think it’s in that section.” Pointing to a section, towards the back and left of where they were standing right now. With that he headed towards that section.

#7 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

Sasha tried to imagine what it would have been like to have an older brother who would spend time sharing his interests with her. She was sure her parents would have idolized him, and maybe ignored her even more, but in Sasha's mind she would have been the apple of his eye. She had sometimes got the big brother treatment from William when she was spending time with Rose, but it wasn't the same. "Well that's just awesome, sounds like you're the kind of brother I always wanted. I'm an only child, and I always wanted a big brother, someone to take the heat off of me, and appease my father who wanted a mini me." Sasha said with a tense laugh

She wondered if the narrative would have changed if Dennis Campbell did have the son he always wanted. Would she have been left with her books, would he be less abusive, and would she be able to sleep through the night? All questions that she would never know the answers to. Though the idea of nothing changing, and someone else living in the hell she had experienced made Sasha glad once more to be an only child.

"With young adult novels the genre is so broad, simply because it's targeted an age group, but so many different perspectives to tell a story from. It both excites and frustrates me all at the same time." Unlike the classics or even romance novels sometimes it was hard to find a certain style that one would like in such a large grouping. Sasha made her way over to the section for young adults, examining the main display.

"I feel like I need to pull out my phone to check some of these titles just to make sure they aren't in movie form. Of course since I'm running a few cheer camps this summer, it might be a good idea to check out what's being put into the minds of young..er people." Sasha had grown up fast, and had skipped over a lot of the teenage trends, with the girls in the camps being at least 3 years younger than her, she definitely felt disconnected.

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#8 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:07 AM

Mario couldn’t imagine what it would be like to be an only child. He had been until his sisters came along but he had been young enough when that happened to not really recall what it was like. He might have got more responsibility than some at the same age but he wouldn’t have traded his childhood with his sisters for anything. ”Thanks but I will admit that sometimes I get a little overprotective of my sisters.” Really most of the time but it was role he had been sort of put into. ”I think sometimes that annoys my sisters.”

He had no way of knowing what Sasha had to put up with her parents growing up; Mario could be also protective of his friends as well. It didn’t take much for him to consider someone a friend he already had Sasha in that category. ”Well, I can’t magically adopt you as a little sister but if you need someone to talk to or really for whatever I can be available.” And being Mario he truly meant that in a friendly way.

”True. I’m not really sure what genre we should go for, in that section.” He looked over the section, gravitating slightly towards a book that seemed to be about historic figures. Reading the back he realized that it was about historic figures turned into vampires. He put the book back down, nothing against the whole vampire thing but it seemed to be everywhere. Then again, maybe now the in thing was Zombies instead.

”That might be a good idea.” He paused and changed the subject, if for a moment. ”Oh, those must the cheer camps that Aurora was talking about. Will they be over most of the summer?” There was a football camp and summer practice; between the two and the fact that both Belle and Aurora would be here , Mario had no real plans of going home for the summer, except for the brief week break that the three of them had. It would be good to know someone else that was sticking around for the summer.

#9 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:10 PM

It had been Mario's overprotective nature that had initially attracted Sasha to Mario. Unlike most football players who catcalled at the cheerleaders and strutted like proud roosters, he had made a beeline to Aurora side and put up an intimidating aura that had let it be known that one cheerleader was definitely off limits. Aurora had defied it, and probably made a point to flirt with some football players for her brother's benefit, but Sasha had been awestruck. It had been such a long time since she had been around someone who was a protective big brother it had really caught in her attention, and her first crush begun that day. "I'm sure they may get annoyed now, and maybe rebel against your protection, but I'm sure deep down they appreciate it. To put it in cheer terms, a flier is only as good as her base. Your sisters know that you're there to help lift them up and to catch them if they fall." Sasha offered a sweet smile, wondering if her admiration showed in her eyes. 

Sasha was glad that Mario wasn't going to adopt her as a sister. As much as she appreciated what a good brother he was to his sisters, her feelings for him were not sisterly at all. Even now as she stood next to him she was feeling the heat of attraction, and she couldn't help but take extra looks at him. Usually she had a plan to get what she wanted, but she didn't want to be one of those girls who schemed and plotted to get a man. If she was going to defy what others wanted for her, she wanted it to be as organic as possible, with a mutual attraction on both sides. "I think I'll take you up on that offer. Fair warning, I will probably try to pay you in food." She gave another wide smile, as she imagined them sharing a nice meal together. 

Sasha was skimming the section, part of her wishing for a good old fashioned romance novel, the kind she would be looking over if someone she knew wasn't nearby. She did see some novels that were based off of some classic literature. Some that she found interesting enough and may come back to get them once again. "I like young adult for the perspective, but there is something about some of the classic literature that has stood the test of time." Sasha smiled as she remembered some of her favorites, like Oliver Twist or Gulliver's Travels, that offered a good read every single time. 

Sasha could talk for days upon days about her camps, how they have grown from her talking to a couple of girls about their summer training regimen, to a full 8 weeks of her running four-two week long  camps with some of the best coaches around the world. She was hoping that if she was appointed cheer captain she would also add two weeks of training for the CSU squad. "Yeah the camps have pretty much become a monster, but I take it as a compliment that so many people want to train with me. I've asked some of the girls on the squad to come in as assistant coaches for some of the younger campers, and for chaperone duty in the dorms. I'm super excited that Al has worked with me to get permission from the school to house the cheer camps. I hadn't heard back whether Aurora was going to help out or not. I'm still finalizing the numbers I would need, and financing...." Sasha realized she had gone on a full rant about her pet project so she smiled nervously. Worried that Mario would not like a girl who talked too much. 

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#10 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:34 AM

Aurora didn’t always like it when he made that beeline for her and Mario was well aware of that but he wasn’t going to change it either. He would be at this school for a while, he wouldn’t really be leaving before his sisters as the man had every intention of getting his Master’s degree in, at least, one of his current majors and he had established early with the guys on the team who his sisters were. He worried a little less about Belle but she was far more into studying than dating. He smiled at Sasha’s comment. {b]”Yeah. I’ll always be there for them; whether they listen to me or not.” Though it was said in a light tone.

Mario wasn’t really the type to notice the extra looks. Sasha was attractive though and Mario was a nice guy but it didn’t mean he couldn’t notice. If he had had any idea that she had a crush on him, he might have asked her out, though, it probably would have been a see how it goes kind of date. The comment on the food made him smile. A few people knew he cooked but not many and those that found out tended to be surprised. ”Well, I’ll always take payment in food.”{/b] It didn’t mean he wouldn’t take her up of the offer. ”Do you have a certain cuisine you like to cook?”

He listened to her comment about books and nodded. ”I think the classics give a good perspective on the time period that they are based in. Young adult novels seem to be the ones flying off the shelves, however.” He could understand the reason, some of the best modern books have been written in the young adult genre when it came to some of the reviews he had read.

Mario heard everything about the camps before responding. ”I think Aurora was trying to figure out if she can. She got accepted into the theater arts program they are having over the summer.” Aurora had been one of only three freshmen to get in and he knew she wanted to be able to do both but the theater arts program was supposed to be really intense. ”I think she said something about letting you know soon.” He thought for a moment. ”You know, the football team, is running a football camp here as well. I could find out where that funding came from and if the same places would help with the cheerleading camp and let you know. If you want?” He didn’t want to overstep but it was in his nature to want to help out.

#11 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:57 AM

Sasha thought about how her mother had told her the only thing a woman needed to know in the kitchen were a few man trapping meals. The kind that supposedly filled the belly and warmed the heart. Sasha had gone beyond that and had actually learned how to make a lot of meals from French gourmet to soul food. Cooking was a true passion that she had embraced fully. "I cook a lot of different styles of cuisine, sometimes just to match my drink choice. Which is why I keep a stash of French and Italian wines on hand, to match my palette perfectly." She took advantage of the secret to lean closer to Mario, taking in more of his masculine scent. 

"I think it's rare for high school students  to want to read the classics on their own. It's not cool and your teachers force you to read them anyways. Most of them lack the same curiosity for literature as their parents for technology."  Sasha thought about how many times her mother had claimed she needed a new phone because hers was 'broken' and realized that some people were beyond hope. "I love to read  only by my own prodding as well, so I understand the reluctance to pick up 'The Scarlet Letter' for others in my generation." Or any of the other myriad of books that were standard for high school students. 

Sasha was at the point where the camps were almost all set, she just wanted those who deserved to come to be able to. "I'm excited to hear that your sister got in the program. She could be a weekend counselor though, that position actually pays. The cost of the camp is pretty much covered, but I was hoping to bring in some cheer gear sponsors so that we can expand further." Anyone listening to Sasha could tell that she was definitely passionate about the camps, her eyes were filled with anticipation, her voice full of pride. 

"We've taken over two thirds of Graham Hall,  want it all! I really want to be able to offer scholarships to some girls and guys I know can't afford the price our budget has put as at, or can't afford to make the trip and pay for the camp cost. If you have any leads for sponsors, please let me know. Here take one of my cards, that way we can setup dinner and you can let me know if you hear anything. I'm so ready to tame this beast, I'm already exhausted and we haven't even reached the camps yet. I'd rather just do the administrative tasks, but I got roped into being a flying coach as well!"

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#12 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:08 PM

Mario had been taught to cook, at a young age and right along with his sisters. His parents felt it was an important skill to know and a big part of Greek Heritage was the food. They all used to be in the kitchen, sometimes for hours, cooking and hearing stories about their relatives. It was always the best though when they got to cook with their Grandmother, who could have given any Greek chef a run for their money. It had always been a fun time and Mario thought that had a lot to do with why both he and the twins loved cooking. ”I’ll need to come over for dinner sometime.” Said lightly with a smile. ”I, pretty much, stick to making Greek food.” Which was true; other than everyday fare, he rarely featured outside of the food of his family when it came to cooking it himself.

”That’s true. Though we always had a lot of them at home; I think I just picked one up one day and really enjoyed it. I actually wonder if more students would read them on their own if they weren’t forced to do so.” Teens, as a rule, hated anything an authority figure told them to do.

Mario could certainly tell that she was excited about the camps. ”I’ll mention that to her. She might want to do that.” He couldn’t really speak for Aurora but he knew she had been trying to figure out a way to do both without burning herself out. He nodded to what she said about getting gear sponsors.

”Scholarships would be a good idea. I can probably call you later today with the sponsor information.” He supposed it was good that he had a good reputation with the coach and the ones running the camp. He was going to be helping out at the football camps and helped a little in getting sponsors and it wasn’t even easy with the football one. He didn’t think that people took the contribution that cheerleaders made to the games or what they did seriously enough; something he would like to see changed. He took her card. “Thanks. I should go though and I’ll make those calls and get back in touch with you. It was good talking to you. With that he left, though his mind wondered when they could do dinner.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mario Malkavia, Sasha Campbell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D