free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

Good Day for a Run

Adaleen Kim

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shawn Westchester

Shawn Westchester

• Sophomore

• Male
  • Sports Management/ Business Management
  • Silver Springs, CO
  • Cindy
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

The weather for today was unseasonably nice. It hadn’t snowed in days and it had been just warm enough to melt and dry the wetness from the track. Shawn supposed he could have gone to the park and ran there, it wouldn’t be the first time but he figured he should give that path a little longer to dry out as it had a number of trees which shaded it.

So, the man had opted for the track instead, really as long as he took this opportunity to run outside he would be happy. The gym was good but he was a little tired of it. There would be no telling how long this warmth would last anyway, after all snow here in March wasn’t uncommon.

It was morning but certainly warmed up enough for what he wanted to do, so, the man headed for his destination and wandered down the bleachers to find a place to get ready before actually heading out on the track. He sat down and put on the sneakers he had for running and then got up to warm up a bit when he heard someone else on the bleachers.

A smile graced his face when he saw who it was. ”Hey.” He called and waved to her, figuring she might have had the same idea he had.

#2 Adaleen Kim

Adaleen Kim

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

Adaleen had tried to keep running outside for has long as she could when winter had first blown in.  She loved running in the cold, as long as she was wearing warm enough clothing.  She loved the burn of cold air in her lungs, the way that the chill in the air kept her heating body cool. She loved winter in general too. It was her favorite season.  In reality, though, it was still probably more autumn than winter when she had retreated to the treadmill in her appartment and sometimes the school gym.  She was just too Californian for the weather here sometimes.  Also, it would have been pretty stupid to go outside to run once the real winter had set in.  She hadn't been expecting it at all. 

Today, though, today she could finally manage a run outside.  Her legs itched to run on a track, or just anything other than a treadmill really.  It just wasn't the same.  She layered on her cold weather running clothes, complete with a headband that covered her ears and a light sweater.  She knew she'd warm up pretty quickly when she actually started running, but she could always take off her sweater and the band later.  For now she had to stay warm as she traveled to the school.

She grabbed her bag with her runnng shoes and some water, figuring she'd come back for her school stuff later since she'd want to shower anyway., and headed to the bus stop.  When she finally got to school she put her running shoes on right away, figuring she could count the treck to the track as her warm up.  She power walked to the track, keeping an eye out for patches of ice on the pathways.  She still had an unfortunately placed bruise from the last time she'd forgotten to be mindful, and probably wouldn't forget again until it went away.

When she got to the track she smiled to see a familiar face and bounded up the bleachers to greet him.  "Hey, yourself," she answered, as she got to where he was.  "You just get here, or were you about to leave?"

#3 Rose Newhall

Rose Newhall

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:09 PM

Sorry, ignore this post please. Thanks

The man loved all the seasons; there wasn’t one that he wasn’t active in. In the winter he liked to skate, snowboard and ski when he got the chance. Fall and spring were loaded with sports he could do other than football and baseball for the college. Summer he spent the time he could swimming. He ran, loved pick up games of soccer and it was common to see him skateboarding places. He had gone rock climbing twice and wanted to go again but the cost was bit much for his wallet usually. Really, there probably wasn’t a sport or outdoor activity he wouldn’t try.

Shawn had a tendency to be bruised but it was because he took risks; however at the moment he had none. He hadn’t really taken any risks in a while and while the bug to do something in that regard was itching at him; he had put in the back of his mind for the moment.

It felt like it had been a while since he had seen Adaleen; considering that they were different years, different majors and he didn’t live on campus it was easy to miss each other. It was good to see her; which was the way Shawn felt about seeing any of his friends.

”I just got here.” Maybe they could run together but could catch up as well. ”How’s everything going with you?”

rosenewsig_zpsfc9b6398.jpg

#4 Shawn Westchester

Shawn Westchester

• Sophomore

• Male
  • Silver Springs, CO
  • Cindy
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

The man loved all the seasons; there wasn’t one that he wasn’t active in. In the winter he liked to skate, snowboard and ski when he got the chance. Fall and spring were loaded with sports he could do other than football and baseball for the college. Summer he spent the time he could swimming. He ran, loved pick up games of soccer and it was common to see him skateboarding places. He had gone rock climbing twice and wanted to go again but the cost was bit much for his wallet usually. Really, there probably wasn’t a sport or outdoor activity he wouldn’t try.

Shawn had a tendency to be bruised but it was because he took risks; however at the moment he had none. He hadn’t really taken any risks in a while and while the bug to do something in that regard was itching at him; he had put in the back of his mind for the moment.

It felt like it had been a while since he had seen Adaleen; considering that they were different years, different majors and he didn’t live on campus it was easy to miss each other. It was good to see her; which was the way Shawn felt about seeing any of his friends.

”I just got here.” Maybe they could run together but could catch up as well. ”How’s everything going with you?”

#5 Adaleen Kim

Adaleen Kim

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:22 AM

Adaleen tapped her toes against the bleachers, shifting her feet into the worn area of the soles where her feet better fit the shoe.  "Not much," she answered him, smiling. "Same old, really.  School, work, homework. Rinse and repeat." She shrugged, and waved off the question.  She wasn't being evasive or anything, she just really didn't have much to tell.  Sometimes she went out on the weekends, or durring her free time, but she wasn't much of a social person.  It wasn't that she didn't enjoy hanging out with people.  She was just more of a small groups kind of gal. 

Still, she was glad to see Shawn.  She considered him to be a friend, and while she couldn't be absolutely certain that the feeling was mutual (and it would be rather weird, really, to out of no where ask if he thought of her as a friend or whatever), she didn't think he seemed upset when she was around.  They'd never really spend time with each other off the track, but after running into each other a couple times earlier in the year, Adaleen had picked up the habit of looking for him when she came to run.  She'd missed talking with him while she ran.  Talking while running might make her a bit winded sooner, but company was nice. 

"Oh!" Adaleen exclaimed, remembering something she could mention as she headed back down the bleachers to the track. "I did finish my first wearable knitting project.  It's this weird top thing?  Very granny coture.  Anyway, it's mishappen because I made some mistakes, and probably wouldn't have been very flattering anyway.  I'll never wear it out of the appartment.  I felt very accomplished about finishing it, though."  She smiled at him before she jumped the last bleacher and onto the track, then stood there stretching lightly as she waited for him to join her.

#6 Shawn Westchester

Shawn Westchester

• Sophomore

• Male
  • Silver Springs, CO
  • Cindy
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:40 PM

Shawn smiled at her answer. ”I think it’s same for a lot of people.” Shawn always had other things to do; not just the sports or clubs he was in but he had his family’s farm to help out at. Even with nothing going on at the college; he always had something it seemed. He was the kind of guy that always found something to do; if he had free time. He liked keeping busy and was good with small groups or large ones; it made it easy for him to socialize.

It seemed like a while since he had seen her; normally they ran into here on the track and, until recently, the weather hadn’t been good for such things. He had run in the gym but hadn’t seen her as much there. He was glad to see her; he also liked having company and talking while he ran; it made it better for him; something to do other than look at the track or the football field. Maybe, it was just that he was too social to be content doing an activity like this alone.

”Really? That’s great that you were able to finish it. Are you going to making anything else?”She seemed excited about it so he figured he’d ask. He met her down at the track, stretched a little, and then did some warming up. ”Are you ready?” If so he would start the run; if not he’d just wait for her.

#7 Adaleen Kim

Adaleen Kim

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:34 PM

Adaleen nodded.  "I think that's just sort of the nature of the whole school thing? At least as long as you care about it enough, or you've got someone forcing you to at least pretend you care."  She shrugged.  She actually liked the challenge of school--though math was the bane of her existence and she refused to acknowledge it--and wasn't upset that it took up so much of her life.  She even enjoyed work sometimes.  Customers could suck, but her coworkers weren't the worst people to be around.  She wouldn’t' cry over winning some lottery or scholarship and not having to work there anymore, but it wasn't the worst.

Adaleen laughed. "Yeah.  It's very de-stressing, so yeah, I'll be making something else.  I found this pattern for a kitty sweater vest that I'm half tempted to try.  I think Chirp would look really cute in it."  The only question really, was whether or not Chirp would hate her for it.  Or pee on everything to punish her in the way that cats do, and piss off everyone in the apartment.  They'd been all happy to have a cat around when Adaleen had first shown up with Chirp, but he was still a young cat and therefore had his moments of terror.  Between that, and the fact that one roommate was allergic and their rent had gone up, they weren't exactly pleased with her.  They put up with it only because they were all graduating at the end of the year, so they wouldn't have to deal with it very long anyway, and because the roommate with the allergy had lobbied very hard against making Adaleen send Chirp home.  Chirp loved her almost more than Adaleen, and she didn't care if she couldn't breathe if she got a cat on her lap.

"Totally ready."  Adaleen said, already jogging in place a bit.  She started off, knowing that they'd be able to set a pace together once they got started and not worrying too much about the initial lap.  "So," she said once they had both gotten going.  "What about you?  Anything new worth talking about?"

#8 Shawn Westchester

Shawn Westchester

• Sophomore

• Male
  • Silver Springs, CO
  • Cindy
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

He nodded to her words. ”I guess it helps when your taking classes you don’t find boring.” He could do without things like economics and he did alright with math but it wasn’t a subject he found interested. Maybe, he hoped to get a sports psychology class next term, now that sounded interesting. As for work , with Shawn, it was just a part of his life. He knew his family counted on the help of him and his siblings; and he enjoyed working with them. Though he worried about leaving if it ever came to that.

Shawn laughed slightly. ”You’re going to try to put a cat in vest? Good luck.” Cats weren’t really big on being dressed by their owners; as far as he knew. ”Does her take well to you holding him?” That would help after all but Shawn wasn’t really sure that the idea would work.

He started jogging with her and once they both had a rhythm going, which didn’t take long, it seemed. He heard her question. ”Oh, been busy…getting ready for baseball season and helping out at the farm. Pretty typical for me.” He had a lot to do but it was common for him. ”Other than that just been doing the school thing.”

#9 Adaleen Kim

Adaleen Kim

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:24 PM

Adaleen shrugged.  "See, that's the thing. I haven't declared a major yet, so I've just been filling the school's GE requirements.  Everything's been so incredibly boring."  That wasn't entirely true, of course.  She'd enjoyed some of her classes.  But a lot of it had been pretty much the same stuff as high school, just more difficult.  "I mean, I'm not gonna lie, I've been enjoying the history classes, but..."  She trailed off and shrugged again.  She'd find her niche eventually.  Or she wouldn't, and she'd just get a degree in something she was good at and could make money in, and work some job she wasn't passionate about for the rest of her life and look for fulfillment elsewhere.  Worse things had happened to people, and not everyone found their thing.  She knew that, she just had always hoped she would be one of the ones that did.

Adaleen laughed loudly at his skepticism.  She couldn't exactly blame him.  Cats weren't exactly known for being the most agreeable of creatures.  She pulled her shirt a bit off her shoulder, showing him the patchwork of scratches of all different ages, including some still red and angry from last night.  "Yes and no.  Chirp likes to be held quite a bit, actually, but only on his terms.  Unfortunately, he also likes to hold on and sometimes a shirt is not the best of claw guards."  He also liked to dig in and leap off from your shoulder when he was done being held.  Adaleen had already accepted that never-ending scratches were just part of being a cat mom.  "I've never tried to dress him before, so we'll see how it goes.  I figure if I get a good picture and he doesn't hate me afterword, I win."

"You play baseball?"  She asked, only a little bit surprised.  In her defense, she was a freshman and she'd only known Shawn for a little while.  "So you're like a well-rounded jock then?" she joked. 

#10 Shawn Westchester

Shawn Westchester

• Sophomore

• Male
  • Silver Springs, CO
  • Cindy
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:49 PM

”I don’t think it’s possible that anyone could find all of the GE requirements interesting.” His thing had always been sports so some of the GE classes he had to take weren’t interesting to him either. He gave a nod to what she said about history classes. ”Well, you could always just take a few more classes in that before deciding if you want it as a major.” Not to be overly full of advice but it was just a thought.

“Well, good luck. Hopefully, you won’t end up too scratched up.[/b] Still he wished he could see a video of her attempt. “We have cats at home and I can’t imagine attempting that with any of them.” He gave her a little smile though at the thought of attempting it.

He nodded then laughed at her jock comment. ”Yeah, that’s me your typical jock.” He joked as anyone that knew him at all knew that wasn’t the case. ”I’m a pitcher for the team.” He really did love it. ”Are you doing any spring sports?” He didn’t know if she was training or just running or maybe both.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adaleen Kim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D