free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

To Be Vulnerable

handy andah idk what their ship name is gandy gingey gingey is cute? andy ginger mika

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:51 AM

To Be Vulnerable

Waking up was hell. Absolutely hell. Without much memory of the night before, Ginger tried to piece what she could together in her head before her consciousness convinced her to pry open her eyes and start yet another day that would inevitably drag on.

There had definitely been a party. There had definitely been booze. Ginger smacked her lips softly, noticing how dry and stale her tongue tasted between her teeth. And of course, she thought, there had definitely been cocaine. The white substance always left her with a headache that was separate from the usual hangover headaches. But the absolutely tell-all with cocaine was the furry, sticky feeling between her gums and her teeth. After inhaling a few lines, she would use her fingers to wipe up the residue and rub it along her gums, which always helped the high but left her feeling so disgusting after she came down.

With her eyes still closed, Ginger groaned and arched her back, her arms stretching above her head and bumping against the headboard of the bed. Ginger's eyebrow's furrowed in confusion for a moment and then, slowly, she let her eyes take in the room that she had suddenly realized wasn't hers.

The first thing she notices is the tall, condensating glass of water sitting on the night stand next to her. With desperate fingers, she grabs it, sloshing a small amount onto the floor below as her lips reached out and sipped at the glass with purpose. Just as she took her third large drink, she looked over the brim of the glass and saw him, hunched over and curled up in an impossible position in the chair in the corner. Todd. Better known as Andy Wolfe. For a moment, she froze, her lips still wrapped across the edge of the glass. Had they...?

But she knew the answer the longer she looked at him. She had him pegged from the moment they met. Andy wasn't the type to take advantage of a drunk and seriously high girl. And a part of Ginger, the insecure part, hated him for that.

She gently set the glass back down on the side table and let herself fall back into his bed, her hands smoothing over the blankets on top of her. He had taken care of her and that wasn't good. She felt safe around him and that honestly made her want to peel back her skin and get any part of him that had dug it's way under in the last few days and eradicate him because there was only one way any type of....well anything could go with Andy. Either she would destroy him. Or he would destroy her.
gingey -- so many words -- idk but this ship
♔ nickdiazfan

#2 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

take my hand, you'll like it
Taking her back to his place was only logical.

What else was he supposed to do? Leave her alone? Let some asshole pick her up and take advantage of her while she was practically comatose? He'd never live with the fact that he'd even allow the possibility, much less it happening. He was hesitant to take her back at first, if only because he didn't want to give her the wrong impression (he had no bad intentions), but in the end he loaded her up in his car and took off for his apartment.

She was pretty much already out by the time they reached his place. With some difficulty he managed to get her up to his bed, in which case he laid her down as carefully as he could. On her side, mind you; he'd heard pretty horrible things about people who laid on their backs and choked on their own vomit. So he was careful to make sure she was perfectly comfortable and alright, even going so far as to tuck her in, before bringing her a glass of water in case she awoke in the middle of the night.

He didn't sleep too soundly. Originally he tried to sleep on the couch, but he caught himself worrying that she'd flip over onto her back sometime in the middle of the night. So he ended up going into his room and laying in the only other available space-- sleeping next to her simply wasn't an option-- which was one of those swivel desk chairs. The cheap kind, too; not the kind you'd want to sit in for long periods of time, much less sleep. Yet as the night wore on, the more tired he became, until he passed out in the chair like a toddler who'd had a long day.

He didn't stir for the longest time. He didn't have any kind of sixth sense in knowing she was awake. All he knew was the back of his eyelids for a while, and vague dreams about a smiling nameless blonde, but otherwise he was perfectly blissful. It wasn't until the chair swiveled a little with his weight and he nearly fell out of it that he awoke.

Quickly, he grabbed his desk in hopes of keeping his balance. He'd let out a "whoa," as it all happened, too, and likely she could hear his slight struggle with regaining his composure. He shook his head for a moment, as if shaking it all off, before remembering the night before. Ginger. That was why he was in the chair; he'd started to think he stayed up too late on an assignment.

Hesitantly he turned to her, eyes full of worry. Noticing that she was awake, he cleared his throat and sat up. "Morning," he said, though he wasn't sure of the time. "Um-- did you-- sleep well?"
fucking turd babies i hate them

Posted Image

#3 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:17 AM

To Be Vulnerable

It didn't take long for Andy to wake up. Ginger had considered all the possibilities of leaving from sneaking out to acting asleep until he had to inevitably leave for whatever class he had next to simply waiting for him to wake up on his own accord. Reluctantly, against all warning bells and paranoid thoughts that rang through her head, Ginger ended up sticking with the third option and settled back into Andy's mattress.

She had been watching him, wondering just how badly he would ache from his slumbering position when he woke up, wondering if he would hold contempt against her being so drunk that he had to give her his bed. She wouldn't blame him. She would have done the same had she been in his position, but she wouldn't have been nice about it at all, instead grumbling throughout the night and wake him up at the first sign of him sobering up.

Ginger had been eyeing him carefully when he fell out of his chair so it didn't have a chance to jolt her or scare her. Instead, she found a smile playing upon her lips, the type that people usually got when they watched the videos of people falling on the internet that usually followed with an 'aw I hope they're ok!'. Ginger suppressed the second part of the motion and crossed her arms as he got his bearings.

"Graceful." Her voice was curt and amused but laced with an impatience that only Ginger could have with someone so nice to her. "It's almost noon, by the way. But 'Morning to you too." The truth was, she was at a loss of how to respond to him. How to interact with him now that he had been so- she wasn't able to come up with a word other than caring for his actions. It had been a long while since someone had treated Ginger in such a kind manner with her obvious outward distaste for human connection. The last time it happened, she ended up with a broken heart an addiction that still hasn't been broken, so hesitation and paranoia in this situation was warranted.

"My hangover is preventing me from knowing how well I slept, actually." Ginger paused, ready to tack on a thank you to the end of her statement but falling short of the vocabulary to do so. She turned her head away, breaking eye contact as the moment to speak comfortably passed, and couldn't help but wondering what the ever living fuck was going on with her.
gingey -- otp; turd babies
♔ nickdiazfan

#4 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

He smiled sheepishly as she teased him a little, though her impatience didn't go unnoticed. Not that he was terribly self-conscious about it, though. He just wanted her to not be angry with him for taking her back here. Thus far she didn't seem to jump to any untrue conclusions, though, so he counted his lucky stars for that one. He even blushed the slightest bit when she mentioned it almost being noon, though he shrugged his shoulders and shook his head.

Long night, he almost said. Somehow he kept that locked in. He was at least somewhat aware socially, even if he didn't know how to make people like him. Instead he smiled and cocked his head at her, raising his eyebrows. "Well it's still AM, so... good late morning?" His voice was careful but sweet, even a little goofy if she was paying attention. He laughed a little afterwards, even if what he said wasn't funny. Perhaps he was laughing at the fact that he wasn't funny at all.

Hangover. He wasn't entirely sure how that felt, and looking at her now, he was pretty certain he didn't want to know. Despite being a bit of a puppy in that he wanted to be liked by everyone, he didn't do just anything for approval. Drinking was never something that appealed to him, at least in excess, so he avoided it if at all possible. Sure, the occasional beer and a couple of glasses of wine at dinner were fine, but getting absolutely trashed to the point of a hangover just wasn't his cup of tea.

"You need anything?" He asked her, automatically reaching into his mini-fridge and pulling out a gatorade. "I hear this helps with a hangover. Electrolytes and all." He took out a couple of ibuprofen afterwards and set them on the table, nodding to them if she wanted them. "I hear multivitamins work, too. I don't know if I have any, but I can see if Nick does?" Obviously he was entirely too eager to help her, entirely too sweet even if he had no reason to be.

But something about Ginger intrigued him. Not that he intended on "fixing" her, but he couldn't turn a blind eye to someone as troubled as her. He wanted to help.
that's it that's the otp name

Posted Image

#5 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:23 AM

To Be Vulnerable

It was a surreal sort of moment and Ginger took it in. They both had some sort of a smile on their faces, looking at each other across the small, cozy room that belonged to Andy in every way possible. For a moment, they seemed like friends. If anyone had been looking in on this very moment, they would have ended up smiling as well, calling it nice. Which left Ginger puzzled as to how they had ended up in the moment in the first place. Because he had the decency to make sure you weren't raped last night? Don't be so fucking easy, Hannah Lemond.

"Good one, Todd." The reply was sarcastic, just as she had intended it to be, and she forced herself to feel relieved. The name Todd felt strange in her mouth now, like muddy clay, but she shook the thought from her mind. She was hungover and needed some sort of pick me up. That's all it was. The weird feelings and imagined undertones between them were all just her confusing a hangover for something else.

Then Andy was up and closing the distance between them. If Ginger hadn't been in her head and paying attention, this all would have been fine, but his movements took her by surprise. Quickly she drew her knees to her chest and pressed back into the pillows, eyes cold but calculating his every move. It didn't take long for her to realize that his movements weren't any type of assault or advance on her, and she gave a small nervous chuckle at how stupid it was that she even considered it for a second. Andy is harmless. Totally harmless.

Ginger let her breath out slowly, letting her legs relax a bit as she released them from under her arms. She watched as Andy began to pull out pill bottles and for a moment, her heart jumped excitedly. Oxy? MDMA? Maybe even Vicodin? But, unsurprisingly, all of the pills that Andy laid out before her and offered up to her where just supplements that wouldn't benefit her in the way that she craved. "Wow, calm down, Dad." She sighed even though she extended her hand and scooped up the small handful of pills that he had offered her and downed them swiftly with a few sips of Gatorade. "What I actually need-- is some weed to get me through this fucking day." And at least that much was entirely true. Waking up the morning after bingeing on coke was always managable once she had some weed in her system.
gingey -- ok andy's gif is killing me god
♔ nickdiazfan

#6 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:16 AM

Her reaction to his movements hadn't gone unnoticed, but neither did he want to directly address them. For one, he thought his actions spoke far louder than words as far as getting her to trust him. Even if he did try to reassure her of her safety, he was worried that he'd come off as defensive or worried about her opinion of him. To some extent he did want her to like him or think he was interesting, but that was his default mode with most people. He was like a puppydog in that sense. It was the last priority for him at the moment, however, as he was most concerned with making her feel better.

Still, he couldn't resist his slightly ashamed smile as she called him Dad. He was probably being a little too weird, wasn't he? Most people didn't do things like this for "strangers," if he could still consider her that after she'd slept in his bed. He supposed it was fair to think of her as an acquaintance, but they knew nothing about one another. He had no idea why she'd gotten herself to this point. He knew nothing but her name and her addiction.

He didn't bother apologizing for trying to take care of her, though, as he wasn't sorry. Maybe he was slightly sorry that he came off as a bit too parent-like, but neither did she seem horribly bothered by it, so he let it go. Instead he eyed her cautiously as she mentioned weed, as he still wasn't absolutely certain what to think of that substance.

It was legal here in Colorado now. So it wasn't as if he needed to be concerned about that bit of it. In fact he was fairly certain there was a decent amount of it in his own apartment, considering Brandon's occasional use of it. He'd never used it personally for the same reason he never drank a lot-- he liked to be in control of his own headspace-- but he wasn't sure what to think about giving her some. Maybe it would help, but it still seemed... well, he just didn't think it was a good idea.

"Fresh out," he said with a sad shrug, giving her a half smile. He wasn't lying at the very least. "What about breakfast instead? I'm sure I could find something."
ughhghhghh babies

Posted Image

#7 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

To Be Vulnerable

She didn't have anything better to do today. Being a senior, she only went to class a few times a week. This was a pretty dangerous schedule for an addict to have, as it's pretty clear that giving anyone with an addiction free time would inevitably give them more time to devote to being high. But it honestly worked for her as well as it was expected to. She made it to her classes on time and was less grumpy during them as she had been in previous years when her schedule prohibited her from using as much as she needed or resting from hangovers and withdrawals when necessary.

Ginger didn't answer for a moment or two. The truth was that her mind was battling itself. She was having trouble being rational about Andy and the situation that he (really, it was her, but she stubbornly never pointed fingers at herself) had put her in. Maybe he was truly an asshole. Maybe he was just playing the long game of being a nice guy to get into her pants easily. Maybe, hopefully, he would show her that he was actually an asshole so that she could just throw him back into the large pool of guys at college and never give him a second thought again. It would be easier that way, Ginger thought. Cleaner. Much more managable.

Hesitantly she answered him. "That's disappointing. But-- I'm pretty sure I haven't eaten in over twenty-four hours so I'll take you up on breakfast. Though I'm sure with the bachelor-esque feel of this dorm, it's not going to be too impressive of a selection." Ginger pulled the covers back from the bed and swung her legs over the side, the palms of her hands rubbing against her eyes as they tried to force the headache away from behind them. Just stay for breakfast. Then you can leave. And Andy can go back to being invisible to you again. No matter how hard she pounded the promise into her own head, she had an odd feeling this would be one she would break. And that scared the shit out of her.
gingey -- we have the best pairs
♔ nickdiazfan

#8 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

Andy couldn't help but laugh a little as she mentioned his lack of selection. "Hey, I've got a kitchen at least," he said, nodding to his door. It didn't sound like Nick was around at the moment. It would've been convenient to ask him for breakfast, as he was a hell of a cook, but Andy wasn't bad per se. In fact he was quite experienced in cooking for himself, as he didn't like to order out too much. (He could be a bit frugal with his money when it came down to it.)

Standing, he watched her for a moment as he tried to decide what to cook. Typically they always had a good stock of bacon because why wouldn't college boys have bacon in abundance, and he was fairly sure they had eggs. Sometimes Nick liked to bake just for the hell of it, so Andy would have to see. Regardless, his own stomach growled as if on cue, and one of those big breakfasts with bacon, eggs, and pancakes sounded fucking perfect.

"You can stay in bed for a bit, if you want," he said. Something about bringing her breakfast in bed sounded way too nice. Sure, he was nice, but he didn't want to be creepy nice. If she asked for it, though, he would certainly do it for her, as he wasn't the type to deny people of what they wanted if it was in his realm of influence. He smiled a little before continuing. "How do you like your eggs cooked?"
RIGHT FUCKING ANDY/GINGER AND NOW BLAISE/RUTH IM ANGRY

Posted Image

#9 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:22 AM

To Be Vulnerable

"What do you have some housewife fetish that I don't know about?" Ginger asked, rolling her eyes and she grabbed the glass of water and stood from the bed. She downed the rest of the glass as she stretched, reaching up on her tiptoes as she tipped her head back and downed the rest of the water.

She followed Andy into the kitchen, empty glass in hand and gatorade bottle tucked under her arm, her eyes taking in the rest of Andy's place now that she was conscious and able to do so. It was definitely a college boy's place of living. But it was also surprisingly well kept and had a sense of order about it. Whoever Andy's roommate was, Ginger had to imagine that he was similar in ways with Andy. Probably another smart kid who seemed to truly enjoy college and didn't stray too far from the beaten path. She could only wonder how he would greet her if he met her. If all guys that were cut like Andy would treat her with the gentle way he had. It was definitely food for thought.

"Sunny-side up. Really runny yolk." Her headache wasn't as bad as it had been when she had first woken up. A large part of her wished that the pain would stay. It put her, oddly enough, in a good mood. Without the pain from the headache, the world would go back to being dull and that was what Ginger was always trying to escape, day in and day out.
gingey -- our ships are 2 hot (hot damn)
♔ nickdiazfan

#10 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:03 AM

Housewife fetish. He laughed at that too, finding that he liked her sense of humor, even if some of it was teasing sometimes. Maybe he'd get to know her a little better if he was lucky, but he had the feeling she wouldn't want to interact much with him after this little encounter. People rarely did want to interact with Andy in general; not that he wasn't a nice guy or terribly disliked, no, but he was entirely forgettable and he was aware of it. Knowing that almost made him worse. He just didn't expect people to stick around aside from the friends he already had.

"No," he told her, shaking his head. "Just thought you might not be feeling so well." He was a bit relieved when she followed him to the kitchen, actually, if only because he wanted to keep an eye on her. Not that he thought she was in any more danger of overdosing or something of the sort, but just because. Just because he was concerned, perhaps about her emotional state at this point.

He immediately set to work in the kitchen, finding the eggs, bacon, and pancake mix easily. It wasn't fancy, no-- in fact it was one of the easiest breakfasts on the planet and Andy could practically do it with his eyes closed-- but it was something nonetheless. Taking note of her preference in eggs, he saved those for last so they would be warm. He took one of those cheap orange juice concentrates from the freezer, diluted it the proper amount, and poured her a glass if she wanted it.

"Vitamin C helps. At least I think it does." He actually had never experienced it himself. "I used to just eat that concentrate with a spoon when I was a kid." Why he was still talking was beyond him, but there he went. "Just eat it frozen like a damn animal. Gross." He smiled at her, hoping his casual conversation with her would... do something. Make her feel a little more comfortable, maybe.
RIGHT FUCKING ANDY/GINGER AND NOW BLAISE/RUTH IM ANGRY

Posted Image

#11 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

To Be Vulnerable

The fact that Andy was laughing at all of her jokes, the rude ones that usually made people decide to hate her from the beginning, was almost surprising. She would have bet against him enjoying the sadistic sense of humor that she had developed over the years and now it was clearly apparent that she would have lost that bet. She silently begged him to stop surprising her in her head. Why couldn't he just be the lame kid who ran into me on the sidewalk?

"I've had much worse than a hangover and having to start my day sober. Trust me, little fox." There had been days when Ginger woke up vomiting. Where she had wished she had no longer had the ability to wake up again. This was what she would consider a good day, definitely better than most, but Andy wouldn't know that. Andy didn't know about her past and probably never would. If there was one thing that Ginger was static about, it was ignoring her past.

Taking the glass of Orange Juice from Andy, Ginger leaned against the counter, out of his way, and sipped at it. She had never had any type of juice from concentrate like this before. She always bought it fresh, ready to pour and drink. She would have expected the taste to have been altered, but it wasn't. It tasted just the same as her cartoned juice in her own fridge. "I would only drink orange juice if I could squeeze the oranges myself. My mom hated making breakfast for me and my dad every saturday because I wouldn't let them eat until I squeezed out enough juice for all three of us." Ginger hadn't noticed how easily the memory had flowed from her lips, her eyes on the food that Andy was preparing instead of paying attention to the, dare-it-be-said, friendly way the conversation was going.  
gingey -- otp; turd babies
♔ nickdiazfan

#12 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:40 AM

If Andy had any clue that he was surprising her in any sense of the word, he himself would've been surprised. Most people thought of him as... predictable. Easy to understand. They grew sick of him for that reason alone. Sure, his genuine nature had some charm to it, but people preferred some level of interest or mystery. The fact that he surprised her in any case at all was unusual.

He wasn't sure what to think of her little nickname for him. Little fox... it could be construed as either condescending or affectionate, he supposed, so he chose not to form any opinion on it at all thus far. "Sounds horrible," he told her with a shrug, figuring it was best not to pry too far into it. He was curious-- of course he was-- but he knew none of it was his business, even if he'd helped her.

The way she spoke next, however, had a slight charming effect on him. He smiled, realizing that they were having somewhat of a real conversation for once. He'd never been sure of what to say before. "Freshly squeezed is the best kind," he said with a nod. "I haven't had freshly squeezed in a while. Just this cheap concentrate kind. We never know when we're gonna want orange juice. Either we're all craving it at once or it doesn't get finished before it goes out of date."

Actually, that wasn't entirely true. Brandon had a habit of draining it before the rest of them had a chance sometimes. Or else he wouldn't touch it at all. He didn't mention Brandon, though, for fear that she might know him and it might spiral down a weird path. Knowing his luck, the guy would come out of his room soon and derail everything. It wasn't often that Andy felt slightly jealous of Brandon and his charm, but now was one of those times. "I'm not keeping you too long here, am I? You're not missing anything on campus?"
giggling bc turd babies. what will ruth/blaise be

Posted Image

#13 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:33 AM

To Be Vulnerable

Maybe this could be fun. Ginger thought. Once she got past the initial first waves of thoughts that were warning her away, she was able to see the possibilities. This was a kid who would bend over backwards for anyone who showed him the time of day. She had dragged him to the party much like a cat would bat a mouse around before devouring it. A bad part of her wanted to corrupt him, send him down a road and watch him eat himself alive. But Ginger wasn't a bad person, she still had a conscience. This could still be fun.

Ginger imagined being able to crash at his place, being fed pain relievers and warm food when she went through the small periods of time where she couldn't take care of herself properly. All she had to do was smile at him a few times, tell him some dumb story from her childhood and give him a bit of attention and she could have somewhere safe to be without feeling like she needed to put out in exchange.

With that last thought, her eyes inadvertently made their way down Andy's frame as he prepared the ingredients. It would be different wouldn't it? To be with him... Kinder. Softer. More emotional. Ginger pulled her eyes away and set her jaw against her own thougths. No. Off limits. Totally off limits. She convinced herself. If you ruin him, you won't have a safe place to go.

"I, uh, I don't have class until the weekend. Perks of being an over-excited Freshman, I guess. I wiped out a lot of my mandatory credits in the first two years." But her mouth was now set at a tight line, unable to return her gaze to Andy without wondering what if? Ginger pushed off the counter and smoothed her shirt down, fingers tugging the hem further down her hips. "Give me something to do. I feel weird just standing here. She admitted, shifting her weight from foot to foot, hoping he didn't notice the flustered look on her face or the blood that rose to just barely tint her cheeks in the rosiest of pinks.
gingey -- ruth/blaise will have a gr8 ship name
♔ nickdiazfan

#14 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:14 AM

Andy could understand being an "overexcited freshman," though he couldn't help but wonder what she'd been like back then. He figured he was probably jumping to conclusions far too quickly; just because he'd seen a night of excess like the night before didn't mean she was always that way. Perhaps that was some of his optimism peeking through as well, but the truth was that he'd never been exposed to anything of that sort. It went without saying that he was still learning, and in some cases giving her a bit too much of the benefit of the doubt.

"What's your major?" He asked casually, not even sure if he'd asked that one before. He was hyperaware of just about every moment they'd spent together, but somehow the small talk all blurred together. Likely because he was more concerned with getting her somewhere safe than anything else. Yet as she stood, he turned to watch her for a few seconds, head cocked as he tried to think of a task for her to do.

His eyes scanned the ingredients in front of him as he tried to decide what took the least amount of focus. Not that he thought she was a bad cook or anything-- for all he knew she was amazing-- but he figured he'd treat her rather than the other way around. "Uh-- how about the bacon?" He already had the pan heating up next to the one he was flipping pancakes in, and he'd already fried a bit of bacon, but it would make his life the slightest bit easier if she could cover that portion.
they're making breakfast together WHYyyyyyy

Posted Image

#15 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:31 AM

To Be Vulnerable

Ginger immediately took over the bacon the moment Andy had mentioned it, taking a fork in her hand and pushing the meat around in the pan a bit. She couldn't remember the last time she had made bacon. It had to have been years and the life she had when that had happened was so drastically different than the life she led now.

It couldn't be that had to cook bacon though. It seemed to be the easiest of all the food that Andy had pulled out to prepare. Pancakes needed to be mixed a certain way. Eggs had to be carefully broken. Bacon just needed to be plopped into a pan and flipped over once and then it was done. Ginger pushed the bacon in the pan around one more time before answering Andy's question, her determined gaze softening and looking over at Andy while she answered. "I'm in Nursing and before you respond, I won't get offended if you're surprised that I have some sort of compassion for people."

Ginger rolled her eyes, more playful than her usual 'fuck you' demeanor her words tended to carry. Most of the time, when people found out her major, they didn't even try to hold back their shock. A girl like Ginger, who actively acted like she hated most of the world, pursuing a career based around caring for people? Even to Ginger, it had an amusing amount of irony attached to it. But the truth was that Ginger did care about people. She just considered it too much of a risk to care about people she knew more than just a name on some paperwork.
gingey -- she's burning the bacon, ginger come on.
♔ nickdiazfan

#16 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:40 AM

Andy didn't pay too much attention to her cooking tactics, assuming from the way she approached it that she already knew what she was doing. As such, she could very easily start a fire before he even noticed that something was wrong. Instead he focused on flipping pancakes and conversation, thoroughly interested to have a semi-normal interaction with Ginger for once.

But the way she answered him had him surprised. Not because she was in nursing, no-- though it could possibly be interpreted that way-- but because others reacted that way most of the time. He cocked his head as he watched her, shaking his head. "Nah, why would I be surprised? You-- I've never gotten that impression from you. At all." In fact it was a little more telling of who she was, in a way. Typically the only people who went into nursing were people who legitimately wanted to help others.

It just made him want to help her even more.

"I mean, you've been really nice to me," he said, returning his attention to the pancakes. "Not everyone is like that. So I'm not surprised or anything."
hahahaha they're so cute

Posted Image

#17 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

To Be Vulnerable

Ginger made the mistake of turning her back on the bacon. Even when she wasn't high, her mind had always been very flighty. Her mom and dad would swear up and down that she had ADHD but never actually took her to be diagnosed by an actual doctor and get 'medicine' for it. Because of this, it was easy to turn her attention to Andy as he talked, the bacon taking a spot on the back-burner in more ways than just physically.

Ginger snorted, genuinely amused by what Andy had said. With every reponse of his, Ginger convinced herself more and more that Andy was just trying too hard to impress. Too hard to be nice and gain her trust. What kind of guy would do all the things that he has done for her and not what something in return? From Ginger's experiences, that type of man, or really person, didn't exist and never would. "Right. Good one, Todd."

She rolled her eyes, pointing the fork in her hand at him. "I'm only nice because you're making me breakfast right now." She turned back to the stove with a smile still on her face but immediately scowled. The bacon was burned- actually that was an understatement. The Bacon didn't even resemble bacon anymore, instead looking similar to the shredded rubber that was occasionally seen on the sign of freeways from tires that broke and were left behind. Silently, she fished out the burnt bacon onto an empty plate on the side and set her jaw, pulling a few more slices of bacon out from the package on the counter and putting them in the pan. "Don't say a word, little fox."
gingey -- ginger is falling in love she just doesn't know it
♔ nickdiazfan

#18 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:13 AM

Sometimes Andy did act quite gushy so people would like him. Not out of selfishness, per se-- it wasn't as if he was only being nice to gain something, as he was quite "good" by nature-- but it was still apparent on him sometimes. Particularly in the way he acted like a goofy puppydog whenever those he thought were "cool" were around. Something about Ginger was slightly soothing, however, even if he was incredibly intimidated; he didn't feel like he needed to put on appearances.

As yes, while he wanted to help with her drug addiction, he was most certainly aware that they were on level ground. Not that he had a lower opinion of her or anything, as he still thought her quite nice, but she wasn't perfect. Perhaps that was why he was at ease.

"I'll have to make breakfast for you more often, then," he mostly joked, though he wouldn't be opposed to it in the future. Sure, he wanted to skip the worry portion and definitely the drug part, but the breakfast was... nice. Very nice. He was distracted as she took the bacon out of the pan, however, in which case he bit the inside of his cheeks to keep from laughing.

"It looks nice! It's fine. Just a little--" No insulting, right. "It looks fine." But it was evident by his tightlipped smile that he thought this was rather amusing.
hahahaha they're so cute

Posted Image

#19 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

To Be Vulnerable

"Are you flirting with me, Wolfe?" Ginger teased, although a small self-aimed warning shot off inside of her head. Flirting leads to feelings leads to disappointment leads to heart break. It was a mantra that she had drilled into herself right after Benji had cut her out of his life and damaged her beyond belief. Sure, it was definitely a biased way to look at life. A little unfair for the people that weren't like Benji. But Ginger couldn't risk giving someone that much of herself again, even if it meant giving up the chase after love that most people would argue life was about.

Her eyes squinted as she stared, unblinking, at the bacon sizzling in the pan in front of her. She had turned the heat down to barely anything, which was proving to be almost as bad as having it too high. Now the bacon was getting too saturated in the warm grease it was sitting in. She eased the flame up bit by bit for a few moments, her mouth scrunching up to one side as she waited. Ginger never had a strong patience and this bacon was definitely testing it.

She set the fork down on the counter for a second and gave Andy a harsh look as she pulled her hair back into a sloppy ponytail with the hairband that had been around her wrist. "There's only one thing worse than making fun of me and that's lying to me, Andy Wolfe." It was a warning and it came out as harsh as one. Ginger shook her ponytail behind her, getting the hair off her shoulders and picked the fork up from the counter again. She flipped the bacon, which was back to sizzling and popping just as viciously as before, and discovered to her enjoyment, that it was now only a dark brown and wasn't nearly as burnt as the first batch. That was a success in and of itself and Ginger treated it as such. She pushed the other bacon, the irrecognizable burnt crisps, to the far side of the plate and then gently place the new, still burnt but not nearly as bad, slices of bacon in neat rows where the first had been. Ginger wasn't even trying to hide the pride in her eyes as she smirked at Andy. "You can refer to me as Chef Lemond from now on."
gingey -- ginger is falling in love she just doesn't know it
♔ nickdiazfan

#20 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

"Flirting?" He blurted before he thought, cheeks flushing a deep shade of red as he looked over at her. His eyes were as wide as dinner plates as he tried to recover from this flustered state; he felt a bit foolish for even reacting that way. What was so wrong with flirting? Nothing at all, thank you very much. In fact he needed to learn how to do it, but still-- it was slightly worrisome. He didn't want her to get the wrong idea.

Not that he wasn't attracted to her. Not only physically, either; every time she revealed a little more of her personality, he became more interested. She was mysterious, sure, but he had a feeling she'd be easier to figure out with time. He could see something there that he didn't see before-- someone who cared, even if she didn't want to. He could only imagine what else lied ahead, if she'd like to be friends with him of course. Still, he didn't think the romantic context was necessary whatsoever. Even if he was developing a little crush, that was alright. It wouldn't be the first time it wasn't returned, and he never expected it to be. Besides, Ginger had a hell of a lot to sort out in her life without tacking on an insecure little nerd like himself.

So he did his best to recover, barreling through the flirting bit without entirely answering her at all. Perhaps his reaction had been sufficient. "Bacon is bacon," he told her, shifting slightly. "It's-- I mean it's a little burned, but I can handle it."

He blushed at her next words all over again-- or perhaps just didn't stop blushing-- as she was so cute that it made him a little embarrassed. "Chef Lemond," he tried out, trying to hold his grin back but being entirely unsuccessful. "You gonna try out for Master Chef?"
im getting emotional about otps

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: handy, andah, idk what their ship name is, gandy, gingey, gingey is cute?, andy, ginger, mika

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

RPG-D