free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

Living ESPN Style

Peter Tomasz

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Shawn Westchester

Shawn Westchester

• Sophomore

• Male
  • Sports Management/ Business Management
  • Silver Springs, CO
  • Cindy
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

It was getting closer to the time that spring training would start. It had already for Baseball but that was still done a lot in the gym; as the weather could be iffy in March here. Shawn was looking forward to when he could be outside more for it.

Football training for fall wouldn’t start for a few months; and today there wasn’t any practice. Shawn wanted to really do something active. He went into the gym and noticed that they footballs and baseballs were out with targets set up to throw though and at for both sports. That wasn’t uncommon; a way to keep the athletes up on their throwing and pitching.

He picked up a baseball and began throwing it at the electric device that would record speed. It was good for both speed and accuracy as he had to hit it in a certain area to record the speed. It was something he had done for a few years now. His first ball recorded at 75 MPH , then 80, then….well then he heard someone enter the gym. Looking up to see who it was. ”Hey.” Noticing it was a friend of his and a fellow football player.

#2 Peter Tomasz

Peter Tomasz

• Freshman

• Male
  • Human Development, Family Sciences, and Rural Sociology
  • Carson Hills, New Jersey
  • Kiwi
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

Spring time in Colorado.

It was almost over for Peter's freshman year at college and he was amazed at how fast the year had gone. Had high school gone this fast? It felt like it. Still, it was good to have his class assignments and much of his end of semester exam studying done. Now it was time to left off some steam with a work out. Wrestling season was over- it had been a good year. He had done well- he had come away with a season record of 8-0 pin record. The team coach was pleased with him and had commended him. In two weeks there was another out of season tournament that he was registered to be competing in. Peter was a sure win for the Greco-Roman event in his weight. Still it didn't do to get complacent.

Having filled his water bottle he ambled over towards the cardio area, greeting those he knew. Of course he was naturally oblivious to the appreciative glances he got from the girls there...oh yeah, they liked what they saw.

A voice nearby drew his attention. It was Shawn Westchester- his team mate from the college football team. Peter never made an issue about it, but he admired Shawn for being openly gay (but not over the top) in a machoistic sport like football. Shawn may or may not know there were some homophobes on the team who never accepted him. Peter was not one of them. he had no problem at all showering next to him after practice and treated him like any other knucklehead on the team. Peter wandered over to his friend and patted him on the back.

"Hey Shawn...wassup?" he beamed brightly.

#3 Shawn Westchester

Shawn Westchester

• Sophomore

• Male
  • Silver Springs, CO
  • Cindy
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

It would have been odd for Shawn to go anywhere on campus or really in town without running into someone he knew. It helped when your family had been a part of the town for generations and, at this, point Shawn thought nothing of it. So, he had said hello to a few people on his way here and there might have been a few glances with girls only to go off whispering. He knew the conversation, had overheard it before, Really? He’s gay? Shawn was open enough that enough people knew to give heads up to the girls that might have tried flirting with him but it didn’t seem to stop all of them, sometimes, he had to be the one to do that but was always nice and polite about it.

He supposed it was because he wasn’t flamboyant or over the top about it and he played football and was very athletic; that it surprised people. Shawn was just himself and he never felt a need to try to be any other way. Of course, there would always be people who didn’t like him because of who he was but he hadn’t occurred that enough to be a big problem. As for his teammates; he had proven himself on the field enough to not be bullied by them but some accepted him more readily than others. He just let it go; as long as they weren’t causing problems for him, his family or friends, it wasn’t really worth him getting upset over.

Peter had always been one to accept Shawn, as is. He was grateful to people like that; there were others on the team and Shawn had been glad of that. ”Not much. Had some free time. How about you?” Returning the smile.

#4 Peter Tomasz

Peter Tomasz

• Freshman

• Male
  • Kiwi
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

Peter shrugged those big shoulders of his and smiled a tight lipped smile.

"Meh- the usual...I did as much pre-final exam studying as I could and decided to come down here for a workout" he said. He rolled his eyes in surprise. "Oh my God- Freshman year just flew by for me- can you believe it? I mean my Senior year back in high school just seemed to  draaaag by- now I'm in college- whoompf! Just flies by..."

Peter ran his hand through his thick dense hair and chuckled.

His eyes fell upon the next baseball that Shawn had just picked up to throw.

"Oh right- it's baseball season for you pretty, well...now-isn't it?" he asked. "So how do you think you'll go this season and they told you guys the season schedule yet?" Peter enquired. It went with out saying he would attend whatever baseball games Shawn had on that season that he had. He made it to attend the majority of games the CSU Huskies played, because 9/10 he knew someone who played on one of the teams. It was only fair because so many had usually turned up  to support him when he wrestled and played football for the Huskies in turn.

#5 Shawn Westchester

Shawn Westchester

• Sophomore

• Male
  • Silver Springs, CO
  • Cindy
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:55 PM

”I know the feeling. Don’t think I could study one more economics term if I tried.” He said with a smile. He really didn’t mind his business classes but had thought about changing to a degree he could coach with rather than going into being a sports agent like he had initially thought upon coming here. ”My first year went by really fast here, as well. I think Sophomore year; dragged a little. “ He wondered if the next two years would go by fast or not.

He nodded to Peter’s question. ”Yeah. I think it’ll go well. Some of the Freshmen are really talented. It’ll just be a matter of breaking them into to playing in college.” It was the same though in every sport; college wasn’t high school and more tended to be demanded of the players. ”They’ve told us. Opening day will be the Second Sat in April.” The schedule would be online as it was every year but Shawn wasn’t certain if it had been put up, yet, for the students who didn’t play. He, like, Shawn tried to attend sport events that he wasn’t a part of, when he could. He had gone to a number of the wrestling matches to cheer on his friends; of course, Peter included. ”The wrestling team seemed to do really well this season.”

#6 Peter Tomasz

Peter Tomasz

• Freshman

• Male
  • Kiwi
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:16 AM

"Yeah?" he said raising his eyebrows slightly, "I thought it would get better once I hit Sophomore year- I mean my Freshman year here has been pretty crazy and a total butt-kicking" Peter replied. It was a definite shock for Peter being in college. There was almost nothing in his Senior year at high school that prepared him fully for the maelstrom that had been his Freshmen year so far. Senior year at Carson Hills High had been mostly social with a moderate amount of school work tacked onto it. He had little idea how the next three years might go, but hoped it wouldn't be as hectic as this year. Maybe it was just culture shock he was going through...

"Ah...yeah" he agreed. "College athletics is WAY harder than high school athletics- I can tell you that for free" Peter replied. His first indication of this fact was the first few weeks of football in the Fall. That season he had sweated more, took more hard hits and had the worst case of nerves when he saw how many people came to a college football team. Oh yeah...a LOT of people came out to watch college football games. But it wasn't that bad- he had meet good friends who he respected as athletes like Shawn. Shawn had been a presence who had kept his nerves under control before the team's first game of the season when he heard the roar of the crowd outside the changing rooms. "Meh...I'm sure they'll do okay. Especially if they have you around to 'guide them through their first games, like you did with football season" he said with a smile.

Peter nodded- the second Saturday of April would be a date he would keep free. He genuinely wanted to see Shawn and the baseball team play- and win. "Thanks- I will TOTALLY be there to root for you. After all, that is the least I can do for you" he answered.

"Yeah- totally...at least it did for me. I thought I would totally owned this season- you know: stepping up to college wrestling and all. But I think I tanked the other guys I went up against" Peter replied. It was true. Most of the Heavyweights in Peter's weight class were large and slow moving mountains of men. By contrasts Peter was lean, tall and evidently had the speed and fitness of guys in the lighter weights. That was really the secret of his success that season- he moved continuously and worked at tiring his opponents down to capitalise on his vastly superior fitness, to pick his opponent's defences apart or just go straight out and pin them. Likewise, Peter did agree- as far as he knew the wrestling team had done pretty good last season. In his gut, he felt they were building themselves up to try for being the State champion team next year. "Totally- they did great this season".

#7 Shawn Westchester

Shawn Westchester

• Sophomore

• Male
  • Silver Springs, CO
  • Cindy
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:47 PM

”it is, in a way. I mean I think it’s easier to hit a rhythm Sophomore year and that helps. I don’t really think the classes are any easier this year compared to last but it doesn’t seem so overwhelming. I just think that it gets to this time of the year and many people, no matter their year, are just in need of a long break.” College was great but it was also a lot of work and tiring at times. For Shawn his senior year really had been academics combined with social, as most of his time there. He had to keep up his grades for the scholarships he needed for college but being a football player automatically seemed to make you on the higher social scale of high school. Coming out in high school he had lost a few friends but most people were, at least, understanding. He had been lucky and knew it.

0Shawn nodded in agreement; for the first part of his first year he had also been nervous but about midway through the first season the calm Shawn that everyone knows took over. After all, he was doing what he loved and being able to do it college was like a dream to him; he decided to enjoy it rather than be nervous all the time. Why that worked for him; he didn’t know but it had. He smiled at the compliment. [b}”Thanks. I try. As Captain of the baseball team I think it’s even more important that I can calm down the team.”[/b] It was known that he had become Captain last year and he took the title seriously but didn’t want to be a task master either; that was the coaches’ job.

Right now Shawn was hoping for a good season and a good team; it was too soon to tell how things would go but he was actually more concerned with the team working as a team; he didn’t like it when all the players didn’t mesh well with each other.

Listening as Peter talked about Wrestling and then mentioned the team wanting to be the State Champion last year. ”If what I saw last year was any indication; I think you’ll make it.” It was true; the team was growing but it all seemed to be in a good way. Do you do any spring sports?” He didn’t think Peter did but the other man could have decided to.

#8 Peter Tomasz

Peter Tomasz

• Freshman

• Male
  • Kiwi
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:36 PM

Peter shook his head. "Nah- I'm strictly a football and wrestling guy- but...yeah, I suppose I could have tried out for baseball at high school" he said with a shrug. "Pretty much summer and spring are my 'off-season training' phases- maybe that is why I am doing so well in the other sports". He ran his hand through his dense hair. "That might be for the best- classwork is seriously kicking my ass, so I don't get to train as hard as I'd like to". A smile light up his face as he laughed. "Still- I seem to stay in shape some how for summer". It was true, because he always seemed to have a 'beach body' in time for summer just in time nicely since he had started working out years ago. He even looked like he had it right then as he stood there- toned biceps, wide shoulders and chiselled calves.

#9 Shawn Westchester

Shawn Westchester

• Sophomore

• Male
  • Silver Springs, CO
  • Cindy
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

”I guess you could say I have winter for that.” Shawn always kept active and in-shape but he didn’t do any organized sports in the winter. ”But yeah, that makes sense. The man nodded to Peter’s comment about classwork. ”I think it’s that time or year.” Not only were finals coming up but also there was always a buzz in the air come spring time. He gave a laugh to the next comment. ”Yeah, I think working on the farm takes care of that for me.” Not only was he usually active in sports the work he did for his family usually wasn’t light. He liked to take on the more physical labor on the farm. ”Well, maybe with then you’ll find some hot girl to hang out with.” He joked

Shawn certainly didn’t fall into any of the stereotypes and he certainly was fine with talking about sports, work, what girls his friends might find on the beach. Though with Peter he was joking as he knew Peter was a good guy and not one to take advantage…of course it didn’t mean that the other man couldn’t meet someone new.

#10 Peter Tomasz

Peter Tomasz

• Freshman

• Male
  • Kiwi
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

Peter couldn't help but chuckle. He had never really worried himself too much during his time on campus with trying to meet girls. He was there for an education and fulfil his desire to compete in college sports. Of course he was aware of the looks that some of the girls around campus gave him or flirted with him at parties. Naturally he had submitted to their charms on occasion (or maybe they to his) and he had slept with a couple.

"Yeah...I  might" he smiled. He wasn't sure if he would- but he guessed that he would like a steady girlfriend he could spend his free time with.

#11 Shawn Westchester

Shawn Westchester

• Sophomore

• Male
  • Silver Springs, CO
  • Cindy
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:32 PM

Shawn had been around Peter when some of the girls had looked at him; it wasn’t surprising and if Peter was a different kind of guy he probably could have taken all kinds of advantage. Then again; it might have been that he wasn’t, or in Shawn’s opinion, wasn’t that kind of guy that made him more attractive to the girls. There always seemed to be the girls who looked for trouble but they weren’t the majority. Shawn had girls even hit on him; simply, because they knew he was safe. He didn’t know and really didn’t care to know about how Peter really did with girls at parties and such but he just figured that some girl would snatch him up eventually.

He smiled with a nod to his friend’s response. Shawn’s own dating life was rather limited; it was, after all a small town and the college didn’t have a very big homosexual population which left him with little options. He wasn’t the type to sleep around and would rather have a relationship; of course, his schedule might make that hard as well. His eyes caught the clock on the wall and then his wrist to make sure it was right. ”Hey, I’ve gotta go. Promised Mom & Dad I’d head over to the farm. It was good talking to you. See you later.” With a gathering of his things and a quick wave he was off.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Peter Tomasz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D