free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

Party time (open to any and all)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Zander Russo

Zander Russo

• Freshman

• Male
  • Computer Programming/Computer Engineering
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Cindy
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

Zander wasn’t the first person to arrive at the party but he might have been one of the few actually invited by Valerie. Valerie was a nice girl but she was one of the shyest people he had ever met. He figure he had only gotten invited because they had met in a biology class and Zander had managed to become friends with her.

He wondered who else would be here; he knew who her brother and sister were even if he didn’t really know them. The music fell into the hallway but not very loud; it was to be a small party which was why Zander didn’t invite anyone else to come with him.

Knocking on the door; Melissa opened it. Zander introduced himself and went inside to find a soda and Valerie who he spoke to for a few moments before she was called off on party duties. He looked around trying to spot anyone he knew; if he didn’t see anyone he could just talk to anyone.

Zandersig.jpg

#2 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

Adrian was actually looking forward to this little party of theirs.  He really hoped it would help Melissa, and Val had thankfully been on board with it.  They would just have a few friends over, each of them inviting a couple of people for a small get-together.  They’d stocked up the fridge with beer and had a couple of alcoholic drinks handy, as well as mixers.  Chips and pretzels and a few other hot appetizers that Adrian had cooked earlier that day…they were well-prepared.

“People are gonna start showing up soon.  You guys ready?” he called to his sisters.  Yes, Adrian was excited!  He loved people!  Granted, he loved watching them and learning about them, but he was really outgoing and friendly.  Just as he spoke up, there was a knock at the door and Melissa answered it.  It was one of Val’s friends, one he didn’t know.

“Hey!  Welcome!  I’m Adrian.  You’re a friend of Valerie’s, right?”  Offering his hand in greeting, he still had a warm smile on his face.  “Come on in.  Have a seat.  You want something to drink?”  He could be a good host.  He’d only invited one person – and he was looking forward to her arriving.  It would be the first outing with Rose that wasn’t work related!

#3 Zander Russo

Zander Russo

• Freshman

• Male
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Cindy
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

Valerie had actually been looking forward to this, as well, though she hoped it could stay small. Her friends weren’t normally the party going types but the few that she had invited had agreed to come. She had invited on purpose Zander because she knew he wasn’t shy and didn’t seem like a party would be too much for him. He was just a nice guy.

Melissa was making sure the drinks and all were set up right; she had helped in what alcohol to get knowing what most people drank at parties though she had opted to skip the grain punch; it got people way too drunk and that wasn’t the kind of party they were looking for. Hearing her brother call to them both sisters called out “Yes.” Simultaneously. They looked at each other and laughed, they used to say things at the same time when they were children but it had been a long time since they had done that.

The first knock had brought Zander and the second knock had brought Belle, another friend of Valerie’s and the last one she had invited. So, she went to greet more guests and talk to Belle after she had greeted Zander.

Zander didn’t mind; he figured that the hosts would have duties and he hadn’t come to monopolize all for Valerie’s time. After Valerie left , however, he didn’t stand there for long before being approached by Valerie’s brother. Zander never knew what to expect with brothers; over –protective, jerks (like his own) or maybe just generally nice guys….could even be a combination of two of those things. Adrian seemed nice; so, he’d go to with that for the moment.

”Hi. Yes. I’m Zander.” Shaking Adrian’s hand. He took the other man up on the offer of a seat. “Thanks. A Coke would be good.” Zander didn’t really drink alcohol but had no issues with other’s doing the same. ”You’re on the Soccer team, right?” Zander had been around the gym and fields more lately as he’d been helping update the computer system; which in his opinion had been long over due.

Zandersig.jpg

#4 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:57 PM

Adrian couldn’t help but laugh as the sisters answered in unison.  He hadn’t heard that in a long time!  “Man, it’s like you guys are related or something!” he called back, before heading to answer the door.  They would probably alternate who answered the door, simply depending on who was closest as they heard a guest arrive.  Adrian would try and give everybody some face-time, even if they didn’t know him that well (or at all).  It would be small enough that he should be able to get at least one conversation with everyone!

He knew of Zander, but he was determined to get to know his sisters’ friends a little better.  Offering to get him a drink, Adrian went to the fridge to get a bottle of coke and brought it back over.  “Yeah, I’m the keeper.  Have you seen any games?” he asked conversationally, leaning against the wall with a smile.  He wouldn’t take offense if the answer was ‘no’.  It wasn’t for everybody.

“So how do you know Val?  Like how did you meet?” he asked curiously, trying to learn a little more about his sister’s friend.  Not in the over-protective way, just the friendly getting-to-know-you way!

#5 Zander Russo

Zander Russo

• Freshman

• Male
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Cindy
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

Adrian was probably right about them alternating who answered the door. Melissa also would try to give everyone some face time, for Valerie that task was a little more difficult. Being shy had certain disadvantages; it was much harder for her to just start talking to someone that she didn’t know. She would try but that was the best she could do, at least, there would be a few people she already knew.

Zander thanked Adrian for the Coke, nodding as he heard what position the man played. ”Not exactly. When they need help with the scoreboard or anything technical, I’m the guy in the booth doing the IT work. I’ve been there, a lot, lately at the practices because they’re upgrading the system.” Which Zander was very grateful for.

”Cellular Biology Class, last semester. We were placed in the same team during lab.” Zander had worked on making friends with her but he was like that. He had tested out of the lower level classes and that was available so he had taken it.

Zandersig.jpg

#6 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

Adrian nodded as Zander mentioned that he was more of a tech guy, and he smiled at the man.  “I wish I was smart enough to do that.  All I’m good at is analyzing people, apparently.”  And giving up everything for his sisters, which wasn’t a complaint.  “Well, and throwing myself in front of a soccer ball.” he chuckled.  “Well next time you’re at a game or practice, come say hi!”

Asking how he had met his sister, he smiled as he mentioned they were in the same cellular biology class, he shuddered to himself.  “I preferred evolutionary biology over cellular biology.  Though the latter definitely helps Val out a little more.”  Evolutionary biology was actually interesting.

“Hey, why don’t I go grab her?  I’m sure she’s hiding around here somewhere.  Not like it’s a huge place or anything.  Be right back.”  Patting Zander on the shoulder, Adrian moved off to go find his sister.

“Hey lady.  Whatcha doin’?” he asked softly, placing his hands on her shoulders and giving her a little squeeze.  “Your buddy Zander’s here.”

#7 Isabel Malkavia

Isabel Malkavia

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:26 PM

”Well, I think being able to read people would be a good skill to have.” Zander had gotten better with it, out of sheer preservation but he still wasn’t as good with it as he’d like to be. He smiled with a nod with the soccer comment. ”Will, do.”

”I’ve not taken Evolutionary, yet but I could see why it might be more interesting. “ Cellular was a more dry subject but it certainly held Zander’s interest.

He nodded when Adrian mentioned going to find Val for him; he figured that the other man probably wanted to mingle more.

Valerie had just opened the door to let in one of Melissa’s invites, who Melissa introduced to her sister as a girl she knew from one of the music classes she had. The three talked for a short while but Valerie was nervous and uncomfortable talking to someone she didn’t know and had just excused herself to do some party things. ”Oh, I just met one of Melissa’s friends and was going to make sure everything was well stocked.” She was relieved to hear that Zander was here and it might have showed in her face but she couldn’t be sure. Looking over, she quickly spotted where he ended up at. ”Thanks. I’ll head over there.”

Belle had been invited to a party and frankly she wouldn’t have gone except Valerie had invited her; Belle didn’t go to many parties. She tended to prefer quieter activities but figured it probably wouldn’t be that big of a party and would be alright. However, she hadn’t expected to see her identical twin sister, Aurora, reach the door to the building as she was about to enter it.

The two said their sisterly hello’s and talked on their way to the apartment. Turns out that Valerie’s sister Melissa was a cheerleader along with Aurora. Call that a small world kind of thing but it wasn’t that surprising nor was that Melissa had invited Aurora to the party; Aurora was more outgoing than her sister.

Well, it should be interesting for whoever answered the door, they both joked as Belle knocked on the door.
Posted Image

#8 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:47 PM

Adrian rather liked Zander, and would definitely spend some more time with him later that night.  For the moment, he had to go find his sister.  After all, she should know that her friend had arrived!  Finding Valerie off on her own, he smiled in understanding as she commented that she’d met one of Mel’s friends.  “That’s good!  Just remember if it ever becomes too much you can hide away in one of our rooms for a while.  Nobody’s going to fault you for needing a bit of time to yourself.” he said, rubbing her arm reassuringly.

Allowing her to go find Zander, whether he had stayed put or she had to go searching, he didn’t know, he heard another knock at the door and went to go answer it.  “Hello ladies!  Come on in.” he said as he stepped aside.  Identical twins!  He hadn’t expected that.  “Who are you here to see?  Val or Mel, I assume, seeing as I don’t know either of you.” he chuckled, closing the door behind them.

He would be friendly no matter who entered.  He just needed to make sure they belonged there.  He didn’t want the party to get out of hand.

#9 Isabel Malkavia

Isabel Malkavia

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:20 AM

Valerie nodded as her brother spoke, he did understand her. Melissa did as well but she was off with her own guest and being outgoing and well like Melissa. ”I know but thanks for saying it anyway.” She was alright with the party but glad they didn’t do this often. Valerie easily found Zander; actually they kind of ran into each other in the middle of the apartment it wasn’t that big of a place after all.

Belle didn’t really recognize Valerie’s older brother but assumed that was who it probably was; Aurora on the other hand had actually gone to a few soccer matches with some friends and knew who he was. At the same time that Belle started saying Valerie’s name, Aurora started saying Melissa’s name. They both looked at each other and shook their heads. Belle spoke up again. ”Sorry, about that. I’m Belle and I’m here to see Valerie.”

”I’m Aurora and I’m here to see …” But before she could finish Melissa was over there quickly introducing her to her brother and whisking her off to find the other mutual friend that was there. Aurora really hadn’t been sure who else would be at this party; she knew that some of the girls from cheerleading excluded Melissa from things, on purpose, but she had always been nice to her. The mutual friend however was not a cheerleader but someone they both had a voice class with.
Posted Image

#10 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:08 PM

Adrian smiled warmly down at his sister.  He really wanted Val to be comfortable with everyone, and he hoped that the fact that she had a couple friends attending would make her feel a little more at ease.  “Of course.  You know this is your place, too.  You’ve always got a safe place to go.” he said gently, and softly so they wouldn’t be overheard.  He didn’t want anyone to know about Val’s insecurities, not unless she told them herself.  He wasn’t going to be the one to be the one to bring that to light – that wasn’t his place.

Answering the door when he heard someone there, he was surprised to see two people there instead of one.  Chuckling softly as they both spoke at the same time, contradicting each other, he shook his head and stepped to the side.  “Don’t worry about it.  Come on in.”  Melissa didn’t take long to hurry over, and Aurora was spirited away after another quick introduction.  Chuckling softly, he shook his head as he stared after his younger sister.  “She’s such a goofball.” he said fondly.  It was good to see how excited she was, though.  She certainly seemed to be in better spirits.

“Val and Zander are here somewhere.  Come on, Belle.  Let’s go find them.”  Leading her through the apartment, he glanced over at her.  “I think she’s talked about you before.  Do you know Zander as well?”

#11 Isabel Malkavia

Isabel Malkavia

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:39 PM

Valerie had only invited the two people; she wasn't even sure if she had a third that she would want to come. Zander had a way of making her feel more at ease and Belle was quiet like she was, though, Valerie did wonder if Belle was actually shy or just quiet. "I know. I'll be fine." She gave her brother a small smile back; she wanted him to enjoy himself and not to spend all night worrying about her.

Belle smiled and chuckled a little at Adrian's comment. "Well, as you can see my sister is one as well." It came off though in a nice way not sounding mean. Belle's sister was just always full of energy it seemed.

"Thank you." The offer to find her friends sounded good but she thought it was nice to meet Valerie's brother. "Yes, we actually all met in the same class. We all seemed to have common interests." Also, their intelligence levels were around the same, or so Belle thought which actually helped in their friendship.
Posted Image

#12 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:17 AM

Glancing over at Belle as tGlancing over at Belle as the other pair left them, Adrian laughed again as she commented that her sister was a goofball, just like his.  “Well it’s no wonder they found each other, then.” he said fondly, pleased that Mel had found people to invite and would hopefully feel a little more comfortable at school.  If she had found some friends that she was willing to invite to their party, maybe it would ease up the pressure on her a bit.

Asking about Belle’s relationship with both Valerie and Zander, he nodded as she explained that they’d all met in the same class.  “That’s awesome.  I’m really glad she was able to find people like you.  People she can count on as her friends.” he said warmly, leading her to where the other two were.

“Hey Val.  I found someone else for ya.  Oh, Belle?  Did you want a drink?  I can grab something for you.”  They probably should have stopped in the kitchen along the way, but he hadn’t thought about it until just now.  “We’ve got beer, coolers, rum, vodka, gin…”  

#13 Isabel Malkavia

Isabel Malkavia

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:14 PM

”Yeah. Aurora mentioned something about them being both in cheerleading.” Belle wasn’t oblivious and she did know the reputation of Adrian’s sister, Melissa but she felt no need to hold it against the young woman. After all, rumors could or could not be true and if they were, well, Aurora had a good head on her shoulders…maybe she’d actually be a good influence on someone. Aurora, in general, would be friends with almost anyone.

Belle nodded. ”Well, thank you. “ She knew Valerie was shy and must have a problem making friends because of it but she got along with her just fine. Her eyes caught a glimpse of Melissa and Aurora chatting away and with other people. She had never been like that; not really shy but far more of an introvert. She had a feeling that, at least, in that sense Valerie and Melissa weren’t anything a like either.

She followed Adrian till where Valerie and Zander were talking. The three of them said their hellos. And with Adrian’s question. ”A cooler sounds good. Any flavor is fine. Thank you.” Zander then started the conversation about some class they were all talking about taking next semester. It would go from there to probably science or literature or something like that. That is what they liked discussing and found it far more interesting than other topics.

Rose arrived a little after Valerie. One of the only times, in her life, she had spent a large amount of time deciding what to wear. She knew to look casual but she wanted to look nice as well. It ended up a simple outfit with jeans and blue shirt that brought out her eyes. She got to the door where Adrian lived and knocked on it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D