free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

Aftergold

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Justin Bradley

Justin Bradley

• Sophomore

• Male
  • undeclared
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Melli
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:47 AM

Two hours and ten minutes. That was all he had in between classes. By most standards, his gap for lunch was actually quite long, but free time was never long enough for Justin. He was better off having all of his classes in one go so that when he was done, he was done. This break in between just made him feel like skipping the rest of his classes (or sleeping in a long time and only going to the last half). But at least it gave him a chance to breathe, eat, and socialize if he so pleased. On this particular day he had no concrete plans for his break (though to be fair, he rarely did), and instead planned to "wing it" by getting lunch in the student center and hoping that, by some chance, he might spot someone he knew.

The moment he walked into the student center, though, he caught sight of her. He was so familiar with everything about her-- from the way she sounded to the way she moved, stood, or sat-- that she was unmistakable even if her back was facing her. A wide grin spread across his face as he entered the building and moved toward her. Halfway there he came up with a devious plan, in which case he made his footsteps quieter (though fortunately the center was buzzing with loud students at the moment anyway). 

It was his intention to scare her. He wanted to jump out, grab her by the shoulders, give her a light shake-- something that might irritate her-- but fate had other plans for him that particular day. Instead as he was creeping toward her, careful to stay stealthy, he managed to catch his foot in the strap of another student's backpack. Suddenly he was barreling towards the ground in the loudest clatter ever; the empty chair he collided with slid and tipped over, and he might have spilled someone's drink along the way. Needless to say, stealthy hadn't worked. And he'd managed to embarrass the hell out of himself in the process. His cheeks were tinged red as he sat in place on the ground, too astounded to get up for a few moments.

Smooth.

#2 Tamera Asciutto

Tamera Asciutto

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:08 AM

It was rare these days that a fiction book was the type that caught Tammy's attention, and yet here she was, fervently reading the book as if her life depended upon it. She'd been spending the majority of her time recently trying to catch up on studies due to a recent illness that had caused her to fall behind and fortunately, it didn't take her long. After finishing that up however, drama club decided to plant a new production on her to learn for January, and for a change, Tam hadn't complained immediately. She decided to take her time on this one and really study the book the play was derived from to make up her mind. What she hadn't expected was to be completely and wholly engrossed in it by the second chapter. The selling point, Tamera assumed, was the fact that the book contained water nymphs and honestly the girl couldn't find anything more aspirational for a life view. They very literally lured men to their deaths and whilst she'd never go so far herself, Tammy could still admire the ruthless nature of it all.

When she was in this zoned out state, it was hard to garner her attention for even a second but the huge crash behind her just managed to do it, a small gasp escaping from her lips as it did. A nice black coffee had spilled all over the floor and chairs were in disarray, but right in the middle of it all just so happened to be her best friend: Justin Bradley. For a fair few moments, Tamera continued to observe the scene that was now in front of her after having turned completely around on the seat. Only he could manage something quite like this, and another couple of seconds she began giggling at the expression on his face; a blush lighting up his cheeks that could surely only deepen as the girl clapped a hand over her mouth to stifle the laughter even a little bit. 

As much as she was relishing the moment, it didn't stop her from getting out of her place and strutting over to him to offer a hand, simultaneously shoving her book away in the tote bag hanging precariously off of her shoulder. If it were anyone else, Tam's phone would've been recording every single frame of the humiliation and she wouldn't have moved an inch for at least another good couple of hours. That was the difference though, when it was Justin that is. The only reason she'd be filming anything would be to show him and the one person who could make her move from her reasonably comfortable seat in the centre would be him too. Tamera didn't rely on anyone, especially not Justin, but there was a feeling she got of ease and trust around him that was impossible to find elsewhere. So even as everyone's eyes were on the pair as she offered to help him up, all Tam did was stick her tongue out at him.

"Send me a postcard next time, yeah babe?"

#3 Justin Bradley

Justin Bradley

• Sophomore

• Male
  • undeclared
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Melli
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:39 AM

He didn't want to be a baby about the whole thing, but his foot was definitely hurting him a little bit at the moment. His hand massaged it as his best friend moved over to him, and he gave her a slight grimace as she started to help him up. "Not my finest moment," he admitted, looking around the student center at the others around him. In fact it was one of the stupidest things he'd done all year. People were staring at him and he waved, eyes lingering on the poor girl whose coffee he'd spilled, as if daring anyone to call him out. "I'm fine, thanks. You can all go back to your business now."

With that he rolled his eyes and looked over to his best friend, eyebrows raised. "I mean damn, you'd think they'd be a little more concerned about how badly I could've hurt myself more than a spilled coffee." As if on cue, that same girl scoffed and headed to the counter to buy another. He eyed the mess on the floor for a few moments, wondering if he had to be the one to clean it up. Surely not. Fortunately an employee came by to deal with the mess within a few moments and he sighed, supposing the ordeal would be behind him soon enough.

He had a tendency to overreact in these situations. In fact he was quite lucky in that he had Tam here to help him up, otherwise he might have made much bigger of an ass of himself by accusing people of causing the accident rather than himself. He was a bit of a douche in that sense. But with his best friend around, it was difficult to get too worked up over anything. Instead he settled into a chair at the table she'd been sitting at, crossing his arms and leaning back.

"I was actually tryin' to scare you," he told her, laughing under his breath. "My stealth skills need work."

#4 Tamera Asciutto

Tamera Asciutto

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

There was a hesitance in Tamera's continued reaction, allowing Justin to just speak his mind before she even said anything more. She'd always been that way; taking a back seat in a conversation to either observe or ignore the other. It was simpler for her to focus on the constant whizzing around her mind was doing than to fully acknowledge another, and she preferred it that way anyway. Of course, when she was conversing with Justin, it was always the former option of observing that she chose as there wasn't a place nor time she'd ever want to ignore him. Admittedly, most of the time his responses weren't the most stimulating Tammy had ever had, but they meant something to her, every part of them; the tone, the syntax, the meaning behind them were all being decoded in her marvellous mind as soon as they were uttered.

"Cicci," she mumbled, placing her delicate fingers atop of his bicep and offering him a teasing pout as she patronised him. Tammy knew well enough that once she'd fluttered her eyelashes and stuck her bottom lip out he'd know that she was mocking him just as a few people still were, the hushed buzzes of laughter still remaining behind them. "Or should I say bambino, huh? There's nothing to cry about, besides you weren't actually hurt and you look a little silly with that red on your cheeks, so just calm down, okay?" Tam joked, her hand absent-mindedly massaging his arm to further her message. People would end up going about their business if he stopped making a fuss, but he was always there for a bit of dramatic flair despite the fact she was the one actually in the drama society.

Once they were back at the table, Tam sent a glare to those who still decided to look, daring them to say something else but luckily enough, she had that kind of 'fuck off' reputation and people decided not to try her today. Her rosy lips curled into a smile at the thought of him trying to scare her, "I suppose it's karma, really. I hate being scared and would've slapped you anyway, so which is worse?" she spoke calmly, raising an eyebrow at the same time. "Your stealth is positively appalling, I wouldn't attempt to enlist in the forces any time soon, cicci."

#5 Justin Bradley

Justin Bradley

• Sophomore

• Male
  • undeclared
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Melli
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:31 PM

Crying? He wasn't crying. The implication that he was being a big baby had him pouting internally, though he chose to dismiss it; Tam was surprisingly immune to that defensive part of him (most of the time). With others he had a tendency to get overly worked up about the tiniest of insults or dismissals, but with her it didn't matter much. He knew she didn't really look down on him at the end of the day. Still he made a face at her as he settled in his chair, letting out a long sigh in hopes of getting his frustration out of his system.

People weren't staring as much anymore, at least. They were resuming their daily activities. He knew quite well that this would dissipate within the next few minutes; people would forget about it. Nothing out of the ordinary about someone tripping at falling. He might have been slightly embarrassed that it had to happen in front of Tam, however. "I dunno," he answered absently, thinking of her slapping him across the face. Would that have been more embarrassing? "Hurt myself pretty bad with that fall so... depends on how hard you would've slapped me."

He scoffed at the idea that he shouldn't enlist, still not quite making eye contact with her. Yeah, he was still embarrassed. "Listen, I'm usually stealthy as fuck. It's not my fault that some nerd left his backpack sitting out in the middle of the student center. Completely unattended, too. Someone could've stolen that shit. Damn."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D