free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

Dinner with a Friend (Sasha)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Creative Writing/History
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:15 PM

Mario was actually looking forward to this; he always looked forward to spending time with friends (or in this case a friend) however lately it had been hard for him to find time to do much outside of classes, work and football. His sisters still took first place but he had eased up a little on being so overprotective, well for the moment anyway. Belle was just doing her normal thing of studying a great deal and Aurora, well, he was certain something was going on with her but he could only push her so much and he had a feeling it wasn’t anything bad.

Right now though it was a night off from everything and just some time to spend with Sasha. He had found her very interesting when they talked and had deiced that he would like to get to know her better. So, the idea to have dinner with her at her place sounded great and he easily took her up on the offer.

However, he must have been maybe a little too anxious or his watch was actually wrong, as he didn’t look at his phone because, unknown to him he arrived at Sasha’s place earlier than expected. Carrying a bottle of, really good, Greek Wine and some cheesecake, he really hadn’t known what to bring but coming empty handed seemed rude. Mario knocked on the door to her house and waited .

Mariosig%20copy_zpsgazhvuiq.jpg

#2 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:02 AM

Sasha was beyond nervous when it came to just the mere thought of Mario in her domain. She wanted to give him the best impression of herself, but she wasn't sure if letting him into the Shrine of Sasha was a good idea. The decorator her mother hired had gone overboard displaying her accomplishments and activities. The dining room had even been designed to be full of trophies and certificates, plus large prints of a photo shoot her mother had forced her to endure for the typical 'senior' photos that everyone got. Just the thought of that day was exhausting, so she basically kept the doors closed unless she was running a duster over the large table.

Sasha really wanted Mario to have a good impression of her, okay in truth she wanted him to like her as much as she liked him. That was why she had taken extra time to prep the food, her famous lasagna, with a home made garlic french baguette, a mix of two cultures that she loved to cook their cuisine. It all had a bit of twist since she had modified the recipes with a little Bajan flair. Sasha felt the menu was like serving herself up for a meal. The different mixes of flavors and style were all apart of her life, and she wanted to share herself with Mario. Of course acknowledging that was very scary for someone whose moniker had always been Ms. Independent.Still she found herself primping even more than usual when it came time to get ready for him to come over. 

Sasha had gotten so nervous about everything being perfect that she moved up her monthly facial mask a week and had a couple of rollers in her hair. The tan colored clay mask was hot and heavy on her face as she worked in the kitchen, but she would take that off in about ten minutes once the bread went into the oven. Mario wasn't due for about another hour, and she would be perfect by then. At least that's what she thought when she heard the knock on the door, assuming it was Mr. Gilroy bringing Floof home from their walk. "Come on in, it's unlocked." She called out, expecting to hear the patter of little feet as she peeked her head out of the kitchen, practically jumping out of her skin. 

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#3 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:24 PM

Mario heard the offer to come in and assumed it was for him; still no idea that he was early. He stepped inside the house and was about to say something when he spotted Sasha peering out of the kitchen. Face mask and all. He smiled in a nice way, not condescending or laughing at her at all. He did glance at his watch and then his phone. ”Oh, I’m sorry. I’m early, aren’t I? My watch must have stopped.”

He didn’t even seem very phased by the fact that she wasn’t ready but it was done in such a way to put her more at ease. Three sisters had a way of making seeing face masks on or not being ready making someone not be as phased as some might. ”If you want I can come back.” Not really sure what she would prefer.

#4 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:04 AM

Sasha felt faint as she saw who was actually at the house. How could this have happened? Why oh why did she think that her mostly flawless face needed an extra boost? The Campbell inside of her was in full panic mode. She had been indoctrinated with the 'always look just right' mentality of her social circle, and while her outfit did look nice, she was in her bare feet and there was flour all over herself. Maybe if this had just been another friend she wouldn't have just laughed it off and then excused herself to change while giving orders to watch the food. But no this was the guy of her dreams, literally, she'd had some night visions of him a couple of times during her brief stints of sleep. She'd plead the fifth to the contents of those dreams, but she may have or may have not woken up drooling. 

"Yeah quite a bit early. You uh...caught me practicing for Halloween. I'm going as the person who's dinner guest is early." Sasha said with an uneasy laugh, trying to match his smile, but that was hard with the tight facial mask. Sasha had wanted Mario to think of her as beautiful and this was definitely getting labelled a fail. When he offered to leave she felt sheer panic set in.What if he didn't come back? She was going to ask him to stay, invite him to explore the house and run to be come more presentable. It was then that the door opened and you could hear Floof coming in. "We're back Sasha, I don't want to see your scary face again so I'm just going to get home to Annette." Mr Gilroy called out, making Sasha even more embarassed. Mr Gilroy was like a grandpa to her, but right now more like the uncle who has no filter. She attempted a tight smile but she once again failed at it. 

"That Mr Gilroy knows that he loves my scary face. But Mrs Gilroy is making his favorite tonight so he's in a hurry." She said still with nervous laughter. "No need for you to go, I'm pretty much done cooking, I just need to pop the bread in the oven and then go take off my 'costume'. If you'd like you can explore the house, or I can show you where the reading nook is, lots of books down there. Casa mia è casa tua, as it is said in Italian." Sasha said smiling once more managing to make it look more real. 

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#5 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:15 AM

Mario really felt bad for arriving early, certainly as early as he did and it had nothing to do with the way she looked as his own mistake. To be honest, he had come to spend time with her and she could have looked however and he wouldn’t have minded or cared that much. He wasn’t perfect as was recently shown and he never really expected anyone to be.

To be honest, he already thought of her as beautiful and a face mask didn’t really change that impression. He couldn’t help but chuckle a little at her response. ”Well, then I guess I’d be going as the dinner guess who doesn’t bother to double check the time.” He smiled. It was then he heard a door open and a rather large dog enter with someone who made a crack (in the way that really only close friends or family members can) and then left. Mario had no issues with dogs but still hadn’t expected a large dog to enter the house.

He just nodded to what she said about Mr. Gilroy. ”I think I can find the reading room but first could you introduce me to your roommate.” Nodding towards the dog. He liked dogs but it was more of a chance to let the dog know that he belonged there, just in case. It didn’t seem like there would be a problem but this dog didn’t know him, so, just to be safe.

#6 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:31 PM

Sasha was glad that Mario had laughed at her comment, and wasn't looking at her in disgust. She had to remember that what she liked about him was that he was nothing like the men she knew who would be appalled if she showed up without makeup, much less in a cleansing mask that proved that she wasn't perfect. Mario was a good man, one of the best, and it frightened her a little too much to think of how much she liked him. She was still getting used to having these kind of emotions, it made her want to die of mortification, and yet feel more alive all at the same time. 

Sasha sighed slightly at the fact that he no longer wanted to leave, and grateful for Floof taking the time to work her magic charm as she rubbed against Mario's calf. She was a consummate when it came to men, and kind of funny to watch. If Mario wasn't careful he'd soon be eating out of her hands, or rather she'd be eating out of his, which was her intention. Sasha rolled her eyes at the little monster but she inwardly envied her boldness. She wished she could be as open about flirting with Mario as her dog was.

Floof  hadn't missed one beat moving from the current love of her life, Mr. Gilroy, to new victim Mario. "This is Madame Floof Magnolia Rose The First, though she just goes by Floof. She is an American Eskimo, a spoiled pedigreed diva, and a consummate flirt. When you inevitably end up giving her food, please make sure my back is at least turned!" Sasha said making a funny face at her dog, who grinned back wickedly, barking her agreement. 

Just then the alarm in the pocket of her apron went off making her aware that it was time to put the bread in the oven. She then noticed that he was holding a bag, with a bottle sticking out of it. She smiled, noting how sweet it was of him to bring something, she smiled again. "That's my cue to put the bread in the oven and go fairy godmother on myself upstairs. I'll take that if you would like? Should the wine be chilled?" She hoping her face and body posture said sweet & friendly, since she was pretty sure that sexy was out the window with the mud colored mask. Keeping up appearances became a whole other form of beast when you were attracted to the other person. 

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#7 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:07 AM

Mario didn’t know about the men that Sasha knew but he knew a number of men that would have been jerks about what was, really, his mistake. He saw no need to comment about her mask and really she actually looked kind of cute, after all, he never expected anyone to be perfect, he wasn’t and had never met anyone who was.

Mario felt the rather large dog rub against him and smiled, letting the dog sniff his hand before he petted her. The dog seemed rather sweet and Mario had grown up with two dogs, one of which had been a service dog for his sister Claria, the other who had been older and adopted from another family that they knew that couldn’t take the dog with them when they moved. Both dogs were part of the family for a long time now.

”Well, greetings to you Miss Floof.” He said as he petted her. ”I’ll be certain to not let you know a thing about the food but I do warn you I grew up with two dogs of my own. I think you might be able to outdo them though. He smiled as he spoke.

Nodding to her words. ”Yes, it’s best chilled.” He handed her the bottle. ”Do you need any help in the kitchen?” He had been raised in a large enough family to know to ask.

#8 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

"A dog lover, man after my own heart!" Sasha said before replaying her words to herself, instantly flushing with embarassment, for the first time she was glad the facial mask was on so it could hide how she felt. She wished that Mario was after her heart, but nothing indicated that he was. She was used to guys hitting on and flirting with her, but he was always so friendly, she had to assume that her feelings were one-sided. "Er I mean after Floof's heart...She will certainly steal yours. Mr. Gilroy didn't even like dogs before Floof. Came over to ask if she'd be up 'yapping' all night, she worked her charm, and now he takes her for walks at least twice a week." Sasha gave Floof a quick envious look, wishing she had the same appeal with men, or rather one in particular.

Sasha examined the bottle, noting it was a Greek wine. They would have the United Nations of food and drink, she thought, smiling to herself, thinking more of the Greek man standing there with her, rather than the wine. "I'm a bit rusty on my Greek culture, besides the yogurt sensation, but this looks good! Good year too, if I remember from the regional wine reports..." Sasha was once again flushing, slightly worried he might not like a wine nerd. Know-it-alls weren't hot, right? "My mother believes in investing in wine, so she makes me study those kind of things. I've also picked up some helpful tips along the way." She said as she led the way to the kitchen, grabbing a dishtowel from the rack, then she went to the sink to wet the towel and wrap it around the bottle, before sticking it in the freezer. "Chill mode ON!" She said with a laugh. 

Sasha smiled at his offer to help with the food. It was really nice of him, and her heart stirred a bit. The Ice Princess was thawing, and it was all because of one particular heat source. "Usually I'm very territorial about my kitchen, but since I need to take this mask off sooner rather than later, I'll take advantage of free labor, and put you to work. How's your lettuce chopping and salad tossing skills? Apron or no Apron?" Sasha said as she grabbed her oven mitts and slid her cookie sheets full of the fancy baguettes in her lower oven. She would send one home with Mario to share with his sisters, and probably one to the Gilroys, the last one would go to the girls during gymnastics training the next morning. The very best one would be the one they would share tonight, because it would be the one coming fresh out of the oven. 

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#9 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:55 PM

Mario wasn’t the type to just flirt with a girl, even if he did like her.  He liked to get to know them first.  He never wanted to lead a girl on; even unintentionally.   So, while part of him really wanted to flirt more with Sasha, part of him was telling him to take it slow.  He smiled at her words.  ”Well, then I’m warned.  I’ll have to try to not be too charmed.”  Though with as light as he said it and the fact that he was petting Floof again; it might be too late. 

”It’s good to know about wine and yes, it had been recommended to me by my Aunt.  She knows a great deal about Greek food and wine. “ He only paused long enough to laugh slightly at her comment about the chill mode.  ”Perfect.”

He would always offer to help; it was the way he was raised.  ”My chopping and tossing skills are good.  No Apron.” He took to chopping up what was needed for the salad.  He was very good with the knife but the man had cooked for years.  He was already thinking about inviting Sasha over for a meal that he cooked, though; a lot might depend on how things went tonight.  ”If you’d like to go get ready, I can look after things here.”  An honest offer of help that he felt was more than far considering how early he had showed up.  

#10 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

Sasha couldn't believe she was jealous of her dog of all beings! If she had any sense she would keep her distance from Mario, because she was not at all rational when she was around him. Sasha had a reputation for keeping her head together, well when she wasn't upset, and even now that was a rare occurrence. She had once thought that was the only thing she shared with her father, the volatile temper. Now that she knew that she was adopted, she knew that was more of 'nurture' trait, not that anyone would ever call Dennis Campbell nurturing. It was more under control now that her hormonal teenage years were over. She was known for being cold, but something about Mario...she didn't understand it. It frightened and intrigued her, and she felt like she was on a balance beam. If she made the wrong leap, would she go tumbling dangerously over the side?

Sasha was glad Mario appreciated her joke, that she could show off her love and knowledge of wine. Sasha had always felt like a grown up when she had consumed wine as a child. Being groomed to choose that wine as she aged made her feel like her decisions would be important. Now as she thought of the bottle Mario brought, wine seemed more intimate, not as sterile as choosing an investment, or something that would go well with your meal. This was brought to be shared with her, and that made it special. Maybe he didn't feel the same, but the part of her that felt bubbly due to his closeness, was absolutely charmed that he was sharing his culture with her. "I was actually supposed to tour Europe this summer, but can't now because of the camps. I've spent a lot of time in Switzerland, Germany,and France, so I was going to spend more time in Spain, Italy  and Greece. Maybe I'll have to make that a Spring Break trip, a week long cruise of the Mediterranean, not nearly long enough, but a great taste of the culture." Would they know each other well enough that he would come with? As a friend... as more?

"That sounds great, I appreciate the help." Sasha set out the supplies for the salad and did one last check on the lasagna, struggling to give up control of her kitchen, her creative space. Still she trusted Mario, more than she had any other guy, even in just the simplicity of her space. "Fire extinguisher under the sink, but if you burn salad, I'm never leaving you alone in my kitchen again!" Sasha said as she turned to take off her mask and make sure her outfit was nice, slipping into her heels and putting a slight trace of gloss over her lips. She was gone for no more than ten minutes, and bounced down the stairs quickly, Floof at her heels. Her alarm for the lasagna went off and she turned the oven to the warm setting before turning her smile to him."No smoke alarms going off, that's a good sign. We've got about fifteen minutes before the bread is done, do you want the official tour?" Most people she kept them out, with the exception of Rose, but Sasha didn't mind letting him into her space, she felt safe around him. 

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#11 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:05 PM

Mario couldn’t have guessed that Sasha had a temper; it was that to him she seemed like a nice person and even if he had ever heard anything to that effect he wouldn’t have believed it until he saw it himself.  Mario could have a great deal of patience.   He was overprotective of his sisters which had caused a few arguments (well between him and Aurora) but nothing that they couldn’t work out.  He had gotten upset with a few men he knew who were treating women in a way that he didn’t agree with but he rarely got to the point of getting so angry at them that he couldn’t keep himself together.

Mario had grown up in a household where wine was a common occurrence at dinner.  It is part of the Greek culture. It was purely something to be enjoyed; his parents actually had a nice wine cellar, small but nice, still there was probably only three bottles in there that wouldn’t be opened.  Those were special meant to be served at special occasions.  He owned one and Aurora and Belle owned the other two.  They each would get to decide when that would be.  ”Well, I’ve been to Greece several times so if you need hints on where to go there I can help you.   I would like to see more of Europe myself but I really haven’t had a chance.” His parents couldn’t just take vacations, considering Clara’s needs. The third in the triplets.  But Mario and his other two sisters had gone to see family in Greece several years over summer break.  He would like to go and go back, the idea of showing Sasha around crossed his mind.  It was a nice thought but he let it go; they didn’t really know each other that well and who knew what would happen in the future besides she hadn’t mentioned wanting anyone to come with her so he was assuming that she had meant with a friend or maybe by herself.

He nodded to her agreement to the help and laughed when she mentioned burning the salad.  ”I think the salad is safe.” Though he knew people who could do just that.   He had finished with the salad right as she came back.  He could have done it faster, perhaps, but he wanted to give her enough time to do what she needed to.  He smiled at the offer of showing him around.  ”I’d like that.  Lead the way>”

#12 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:08 AM

Sasha thought of her world travels thus far, a slight pain about her year of exile in Switzerland, where she first begun learning the German language. Her mother had otherwise insisted that she spent her summers abroad, especially in France for their wine and fashion. They had often made week long trips to Germany because Lenora loved fast driving and indulging herself. It was experiences in culture immersion that she missed and had hoped to follow her own plans for travel when she initially thought of her first college summer.  Now her plans were different, but she would miss having a summer abroad. Even now her very few weeks off were being claimed by her family. Granted, a week or two in Barbados wasn't exactly a punishment, just no longer a novelty. Maybe that's why her mother rarely if ever went back to her home country. 

Still a Spring Break trip aboard one of her families yachts would be a nice change of pace. She thought of what experiencing Greece outside of Athens and Greek Fashion week would be like. She pictured herself there with Mario, sunbathing at Myrtos Beach, reciting ancient poetry at the Delphi theatre, or even dancing the night away in Mykonos. All experiences made better by the Greek man standing with her. "I'd love some personal tips. You should see more of Europe, there's always room on our private plane, I'm sure I can manage to stow you away on our yacht as well." Sasha tried to keep her voice light, as if she wasn't eager to vacation with him. She hardly knew him, but she really wanted to, and she hoped that anxiousness stayed out of her voice as she absentmindedly went about checking all the settings in the kitchen. 

Sasha swept her hand over her home and it's refined split level settings. It was big without being hit you over the head obnoxious, a godsend considering who her parents were. "This place was my bribe for agreeing to come to CSU. My parents are alumni and boosters and are thrilled that I finally agreed to come here. I definitely fell in love when I first came to the house, but it was a lot to get used to. Ironically enough, my old place in New York was actually bigger than this one! Only small changes were needed here though, like adding doors to the dining room and installing bookshelves and shoe racks in a lot of the rooms. I like the open concept of this floor best. Stop me if I get to sounding too much like a proud mama." Sasha said with a guilty smile, again surprised at how much she was opening up to Mario. 

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#13 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:07 PM

Mario probably could have traveled more but he always felt a little guilty not going home, at least, a few vacations a year to see his parents and the sister left at home.   Clare had now surpassed her expected life expectancy by more than five years.  However, that meant that there was always a new heath concern for the young woman.  Mario didn’t want to ever spend a summer where he just didn’t see her; even if he knew there was little that he could do; he also knew that she knew when he was there.  The man couldn’t have told anyone how that was; but he always felt like he knew.

Still, spending time in Europe with Sasha sounded great to him.  Then she mentioned the private yacht and plane.  Mario’s family certainly wasn’t hurting but they weren’t close to that kind of wealthy either. Just the mention of those kinds of extravagances might have intimidated some people but Mario wasn’t.  He looked at the person rather than what they had.  Giving a smile to Sasha.  ”Well, I can always sneak into your suitcase, if it’s big enough.   I’d really like to show you around Greece but if stowing me away fails , I can just give a heads up to my family that you’ll be in the area.   I’ve got an uncle that owns a really great restaurant over there.” Along with the about 150 or so other relatives he still had in Greece , but, he doubted that even if he went with her they would meet all of them. 

He glanced over the rooms that they went into.  ”It’s really nice.  Was it a big adjustment to come from New York to here?” She had said that her parents were alumni so he guessed they probably visited here a few times but there was no telling if that was even the case, let alone, how often.  ”Nah.  Talk about it as much as you like.” He liked how proud she was of it. 

#14 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:01 AM

Sasha was glad that Mario didn't look at her as a spoiled little rich girl. She could tell from the way his demeanor hadn't changed when he entered the house, when she talked about wine investment, or private planes and yachts, that he didn't view people by their net worth. How different he was from men in the Omega house, and even her own father. Some girls might be attracted to men like their father, but Sasha most definitely was not. Apparently she was into guys who cared about their family, in a way that she had never seen someone care before. "I have a huge suitcase...for my shoes! But I think with a grandfather who owns a travel line, I can get you, and even your family stowed away without so much of a blink from the captain. I'd love for a personal tour guide and to experience some authentic Greek food at your uncle's restaurant." Did she really just offer an semi formal invitation to join her on Spring Break? What if he had only be joking...Sasha felt a little insecurity rise in her that she tried to push away with her 'money making' smile. 

"It was quite a bit different, quieter, strange to not have regular staff members, elevators or penthouse city views ... But my mother made sure that this place was  really comfortable for me. There's even space that I don't even use, which is still weird for me, since we maximize space usage in New York." Sasha said as she pointed into the office by the front door, which still had her wireless printer and desktop computer in their boxes on the desk. Sasha led the way upstairs. "I love the circular stairs, but I'm sure the movers and decorators weren't as fond. In here is a small den that I thought was going to be my reading room but decided to make it more of a tv room just in case I do decide to convince a friend to move in. This room would be apart of their suite, and maybe they'll take over the office downstairs too..." Sasha said, knowing exactly who she wanted to convince, but Sasha wasn't sure she could really live with another person. 

Sasha tried to see the house through his eyes, was this a normal house by most people's standards, or kind of extravagant? She knew it was a lot for a single college student, but she thought the contemporary decor was simple enough. "As far as bribes go, it's a good one, besides I have too much stuff to fit into a dorm room. Though we all the know the queen of this castle is the one with fur, and I couldn't be without her." Sasha gave Floof an affection smile, Floof chose to bark in agreement as she was following them on Mario's heels. 

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#15 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:11 PM

There were many reasons why Mario had never joined the Omegas; despite being given the offer a few times.  They wanted him because he was a football player and well liked within the University; his family didn’t struggle for money but he could guess he probably didn’t have as much money as some of the brother’s in the house.  Still, most of the Omega’s were like Doug , only caring about money and status and not really treating women very well.  Mario really disliked Doug and disliked how many of the Omega’s looked up to him; in his mind it gave a sure sign of what they were like.  Mario was far too nice of a guy to really fit in with a group like that; and he didn’t care to fit in with them .  ”Maybe, we should just get a really large trunk then….I’m sure we’d fit in there.” He joked.  ”Well, if we can ever manage to be there at the same time; I’d like to show you around Greece.” While that was said with a smile he did think showing her around the country would be fun.

Listening to her words about the differences, he gave a nod.  ”It’s always good to get a place you feel comfortable in.  I know when I first moved here; it took a while to get used to the quiet.” He lived with two of his sisters but, not only did they come later, but even with them things were quieter here than at his home.    

The house might have been a bit larger than most people would expect for one person but Mario figured that was what Sasha was comfortable with and that was fine with him.  He thought it was a nice house and maybe would, eventually, want to move into one about this size himself though he would have his sisters with him, probably.  ”Well, of course she is.” He smiled hearing the dog bark.

#16 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:45 PM

Sasha had never considered herself a chicken, but when ever she was around Mario she heard clucks. She wanted to invite him to spend Spring break with her. Really she wanted to invite him to spend forever, or at least the foreseeable future, with her. The fear of rejection was very real for her, even though she had been fighting against that fear for years. She didn't like to admit to herself that was why she was so distant from everyone. Sometimes she was still the fat girl with her one friend who was never invited to anything. When she had come back she had put up a wall and made it seem like her mere presence was a privalege, and people had bought it. She never showed any enthusiasm about a social invite because she never really knew if they were inviting her because they actually liked her, or just the attention Sasha 2.0 seemed to attract.

Now however as she looked at Mario, and felt those butterflies, she reminded herself of her first cheer tryout. How she had been so nervous she was sure that she was never going to be able to keep up with the routines, and had almost turned heel without even signing her name on the tryout sheet. She had turned out to be a natural, and the next year she had been appointed captain. It was crazy to think that had almost let a little fear keep her from something she absolutely loved. Sasha took a deep breath as she smiled and encouraged herself 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'. "I'd love for you, and anyone else you want to invite, to join me for Spring Break. I might even be able to swing some plane tickets for that large trunk." Sasha said giving a light laugh to hide her nervousness.

"I didn't know you were from the city! Which one?" Sasha didn't want to admit to herself that she was hungry to know everything about Mario and his life. "I think that the quiet is now my favorite part, unless I'm overthinking things, helps to keep a clear head, to set and complete goals." The noise of the city had a numbing effect, where you can have a tendency to go through the motions, or try to over sensitize yourself just to really feel anything.Sasha was glad that her new place in the city at least had a studio for her to kind of escape to when the quiet was unavailable. 

"The place comes with washer and dryer, so no need for me to keep quarters!" Sasha didn't mention that her cleaning lady did the laundry, she didn't want to seem like a complete princess. "Down this hall is the Master Suite and where I set up my office." Sasha pointed to the open space that she had placed a desk and had her desktop computer. It was smaller than the office, but Sasha liked the view so she had insisted on making that her study space. She led the way to her bedroom, which had the door open, and was larger than any other room in the house."This is my room, which I hardly sleep in, but I do light a fire occasionally here to read by.  I like that it has a non traditional fireplace in the master bedroom. Everything is so modern in this suite it just feels more... personal." Sasha said smiling at the space that seemed to have been made for her. Wondering again if she was oversharing about her house. 

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#17 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

Mario was getting something from Sasha; his sister Aurora would have called it a vibe, but Mario certainly didn’t want to be wrong about it.   It’s possible that he might have taken too much time in the past and that was why he was still single but he felt rushing was wrong.  However, he was very attracted to the woman currently showing him around her home.   Mario was certainly interested in her. ”You realize I might take you up on that ...” He smiled at her.  ”Then you might end up with me, my sisters and all of my relatives that live in the U.S.”  He joked. 

”Chicago.  Well, actually we lived in a suburb outside of Chicago but we spent a lot of time in the city.  My parents owned an apartment there for my dad; when he had to work late.” Listening to her words.  ”Actually, I like the quiet now too.  It is much easier to concentrate here; when it comes to writing.   I think it might just be because I’m older now; as a child I couldn’t get enough of going into the city.”  It always seemed special to go into the city when he was younger.

He glanced around the rooms as Sasha showed him around.   Then they got to the bedroom.  ”It’s really nice.  I like the fireplace as well.  It must be nice in the winter.” There was something about a fireplace in the winter that was a nice touch.   He almost wished it was a little colder now.  It would be nice to sit with her by a fire.

#18 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

Sasha breathed a little easier, proud of herself for taking a risk. She was not a risk taker, experience making her much too cautious and calculating. Still it seemed like with dealing with people, you couldn't protect yourself too much, having to open yourself up to really relate to them. Hadn't she learned that lesson with Rose? Sure there was some people she dealt with only on a strictly on a transactional basis, where it seemed like she was always keeping score. She didn't want it to be like that with Mario, she wanted a real connection with him. Hopefully it was not a real connection in the friend zone. "You let me know, and I'll make all the arrangements, large trunk and all." Sasha said, as a geniune wide smile lit up her entire face. 

Sasha realized how different Mario was from other guys she had spent time with. She didn't know what it was about men with money, but they had a tendency to be 'mansplainers' who went on and on about what they've experienced. She had found these men to be substantially lacking, but Mario wasn't like that. He seemed to have depth, to have things to talk about. Maybe it was just her crush idealizing him, but she felt like she could talk to him about everything. She also felt like she could be just Sasha with him, which was different than she ever expected. Like a male version of Rose, well a version she wouldn't be adverse to making out with. "I like the balance I have now. House in a college town, apartment in the city, and thankfully enough financially to support both lifestyles. I don't think I'd be able to give either up. I like both the calm and the chaos. That must be why I like senior citizens and teenagers!" 

Sasha looked at the fireplace longily, trying to imagine someone else beside Floof sharing a nice fire with her. Then of course a certain person sharing it with her. It gave her chills just thinking about it, which made her involuntarily shiver. "It's nice most of the time, you know how the temp likes to fluctuate so much here. Why run my furnace like crazy trying to keep up when I can light a fire! This one is actually the one I use the least, since I don't spend a lot of time here in this room. I often feel like this is just a glorified dressing room with a bed!" Of course the real dressing room was in the basement, but she hadn't shown him that yet. "This closet up here is where I keep most of my frequently used items, like my uniform, workout clothes, and greek letters. That's right I'm Greek too!" Sasha said before she burst out laughing at her own joke. She couldn't believe that she was this way with him, it made no sense but it felt right. 

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

#19 Mario Malkavia

Mario Malkavia

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • Chicago, IL
  • Cindy
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:42 AM

Mario was feeling more connected to her; he really hadn’t been certain how much they would have in common, upon first arriving here but the more he got to know her it became it easier that any differences didn’t seem to matter so much and they did have enough in common.  Mario liked connecting with and meeting new people but this was different because he had an honest attraction to her.  He smiled with a slight laugh at her comment about the trunk.  ”I’ll be sure to do that.”

Mario knew he wasn’t like other men; he had run into that his entire life.  He was seen as a jock by many or a writer by others.  It was as if he could be one or the other but people never thought the two should go together.  Jocks shouldn’t have depth or artistic ambitions but here he was and he was happy with whom he was; though he would certainly define himself as a writer first.  It was something he liked about Sasha; she seemed to understand he could be both.  ”Calm and Chaos, sounds almost like a great title for a book.  But, I understand that it’s good to have both, at different times I think everyone needs both, it makes life far more interesting.”

”Greek, too?” Her laughter was cute and he smiled at her, moving closer, he took her hands before he even realized it.  However, he didn’t move his hands he would let her move hers if she wanted.  ”Do you ever find time to slow down?” He softly and calmly asked; really curious.

#20 Sasha Campbell

Sasha Campbell

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:57 AM

Sasha could see that Mario was someone with many different aspects, and she liked all aspects so far. Against the typical cliche, Sasha avoided athletes as a rule, especially football players. From the moment that she had officially met Mario, she broke that rule, and her general indifference to the opposite sex was truly tested. She hadn't been completely immune before, taking the occasional opportunity to ogle to male form. Still he had struck something inside of her that at that point had been inexplicable. He was her first true crush, which made her feel both mature and teenage all at the same time. 

She wanted to know more about him, and maybe, just maybe, share more about herself in the process. Even though their lives weren't the same, they still seemed to mesh well, having a general understanding of the other's life and experiences. Mario seemed to be without agenda, and it felt nice to have someone get to know her without some pretense. "Well if you write it, remember me in the dedication!" The teenager in Sasha thought of the words 'with love to Sasha...' included as well but she would hope not  to blurt that information out along with their friendly banter. "Finding the balance as a college student can be hard. Our time is such a large commodity, but we have to remember that this is the perfect time to try different things and maybe take on more than we expect. We all have to do our Atlas impression until we find a happy medium, and well during finals!"

"Well in letters only, but I definitely think that the nine weeks it took me to become 'Greek' were harder than the nine months it took you!" Sasha had started to relax around Mario and the witty banter was flowing freely. That was until he stepped closer and took her hands. That's when the butterflies stated doing somersaults, and her pulse started racing. She loved the feel of his hands on her, but his eyes were asking an uneasy question. Part of her  wanted to run, to protect herself from her feelings and possible rejection. But when she looked in his eyes she saw that he wanted to know the real Sasha, and she could trust him to accept what she rarely showed others. "I'm not good at slowing down, or at least not showing others what the content and relaxed Sasha is like. You, however, are different. Come let me show you my favorite place in the house, the place where the real Sasha 'lives'." 

With those words Sasha freed one hand while threading the other hand's fingers with his. She led the way out of her room and down the stairs, Floof leading the way as if she knew exactly where they were headed. When they got to the first level of the house they had arrived to the place she spent the most time. It had been redone to add as many book shelves as possible, which were filled with of course books, but also the entire Disney DVD collection, and a large collection of musical films, with a few others from different genres. "My parents may not have gotten a lot of things right with me, but this space they really did. I don't have to be Sasha Campbell here, just Sasha..."

sasha%2520sig%252022.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D