free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

Hold On

Sienna Murphy Jackson Murray Mika

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sienna Murphy

Sienna Murphy

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:35 AM

murphray
### words
// spiralling
She was making this into a Huge Deal.

Sienna knew this. There was no need to be so anxious over simply seeing another parent-- who just so happened to be a stripper-- come Monday morning. But considering her lack of life experience in terms of things like this, she just wasn't prepared. Perhaps the worst part, in her mind, was handing back the man's shirt; no matter how much she brainstormed for excuses, she could find none that would both preserve his secret and her reputation. If the exchange happened in front of Sammy, they'd have to be creative. If the exchanged happened in front of other teachers, there was simply no salvaging herself. For all intents and purposes, it looked as though Sienna had slept with one of her student's parents.

Though, perhaps, people might not think anything of it. People had a tendency to dwell more in their own worlds than in others', after all, but Sienna rarely allowed herself the benefit of the doubt in situations like these. No, these things were a Huge Deal. They were worth losing sleep over. It was worth feeling like she was going to puke when she packed the shirt into her bag before she left her apartment. It was worth the long, torturous time she waited for him and his son to enter the school, though she still had nothing to stay despite all of her dwelling.

When she saw his face, her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach. In spite of this, however, she feigned a smile, stepping towards him and his son as if it was a normal occurrence. "Good morning!" She said a little too loudly, her quavering voice betraying her underlying anxiety. She cleared her throat then, making an effort to make eye contact with Sammy rather than Jackson. "How are you two today? How was your weekend? All good things, I hope!"

Perhaps she was trying too hard. She held her hands tightly behind her, avoiding direct eye contact with Jackson. It wasn't as if she completely disliked his performance-- on a purely instinctual level she was actually quite pleased with it-- but that was precisely why she found it difficult to look him in the eye. Each time she'd see him in all his shirtless glory, and it would be difficult to maintain control of her already deeply red cheeks. This was a disaster in the making.

#2 Jackson Murray

Jackson Murray

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:33 AM

[dohtml]
hold on

spiralling

She probably wouldn't even bring the shirt. That was the conclusion that Jackson had come to by the time the weekend was up. The shirt, one of high enough quality that it wouldn't immediately be spotted as a fake, was as good as gone at this point. He, of course, had others like it (enough to ensure that he wouldn't have to ditch a gig if he forgot to do laundry) but it was still his shirt and his budget didn't exactly allow the purchase of another one.

Except that's how the situation played out. He was out a shirt and he could either pay for a new one or just forget of the hole it left in his wardrobe. As he got Sammy ready for school, he did his best to not think about having to talk to Sienna later on. Would she bring it up? No, no of course not. She had tried to leave when he had arrived and started to dance. He was sure that she would do her best to return their parent/teacher relationship to a strictly professional one, probably more so than it was before. This was such a fuck up.

By the time they arrived at the school, Jackson smoothing out the dress shirt that he had changed into. Sammy was even aware that something was slightly up with his father. "Dad, are you going to blow chunks? You look gross." Jackson rolled his eyes and let out a half hearted laugh. "Maybe. Maybe I'll throw up in your backpack." he teased, pretending to reach for his son's backpack. Of course, this caused Sammy to let out a playful yelp and run towards his homeroom classroom. As he disappeared within, Jackson considered his options. He could poke his head around the doorway and wave goodbye to his son. He could just turn around and leave now, even though that was probably the most irresponsible thing he could think of. Or he could go inside and face the rejection that would no doubt be radiating from Sienna, wait it out, and hope that everything goes back to normal.

Against his better judgement, Jackson went with the latter.

He had guessed correctly - or at least partly correctly. Upon entering the classroom and being immediately grabbed and dragged over to the wall of coat hangers by Sammy, Sienna was obviously doing her best to keep everything as normal as she possibly could. But yet, her voice came off too loud, too off, too nervous. Jackson clamped down on the thought that crossed his mind. She was cute.

"Oh, yeah, all good things. Sammy and I spent most of it building some new Lego sets, when I wasn't w-" he couldn't stop the words from being said. "When I wasn't working, that is." There was a part of him that didn't want to meet her eye at all after he spoke, but another part did - a part that wanted to see if it would make her more nervous, more cute. "What about you? How was your weekend, Ms. Murphy."

murphray

[/dohtml]

#3 Sienna Murphy

Sienna Murphy

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

murphray
### words
// spiralling
God, why did he have to be so fucking attractive? All of this would be tremendously easier if he was just an average looking guy. Instead she couldn't get the image of him half-naked out of her head, even when she was surrounded by kindergarten students. This was precisely why she'd tried to flee when she first realized what he was up to at the party-- she knew it would interfere with the way she saw him forever.

Not because she judged him for his job, but because, y'know, she'd never be able to look at him without blushing and feeling sort of faint. One of these days she'd get over that, but at the moment she could only see this continuing, if not getting worse. "Legos! Yeah! That's nice. I didn't know you liked Legos so much, Sammy! Great!" Her voice was shaking, cracking, obvious. She coughed, hoping she could pass her tone of voice off as being slightly sick, though she supposed that wasn't the wisest thing to do in front of a parent either. Christ.

"My weekend was great!" She said, raising her eyebrows and smiling a little too forcefully at him. "A few unexpected things, but nothing bad. I caught up with a lot of grading so I can properly enjoy the holidays." That was a lie. She was terribly behind. She'd hate herself soon enough for exactly that. "What about--" Oh yeah, she'd already asked. She shook her head as if to erase that question entirely, clearing her throat.

"I believe I have something for you, Mr. Murray," she told him, nervously glancing around to make sure no other parents, students, or teachers were watching at the moment. And while she still didn't have a good excuse for Sammy, she supposed this was the only opportune moment to hand over the shirt. She'd just have to wing it. Quickly she navigated over to her desk, retrieved the item, and handed it to him. It was folded a little too neatly, as if she'd spent too much time on it.

Otherwise she gave no explanations. She just smiled anxiously at him, shifting her weight from one leg to the other repeatedly, unable to keep still.

#4 Jackson Murray

Jackson Murray

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:41 PM

[dohtml]

hold on

spiralling

She was nervous.

She was so entirely nervous that she couldn't get a complete sentence out correctly. The blush on her cheeks showed that it was due to embarrassment but, for the first time, Jackson was starting to doubt his original conclusion. Maybe she hadn't tried to leave the room because she didn't want to see him dancing. Maybe she had left the room because she wanted to see him dancing.

But was that thought too selfish? Was that thought too conceited of a thought to think about his son's kindergarten center? Maybe it was her saying that she hadn't had anything bad happen this weekend that caused his heart to leap forward in anticipation. Maybe this situation wasn't going to be entirely horrible. Maybe-

And then she was leading him towards her desk, mentioning that she had something for him and immediately he knew that this was something he was absolutely wrong about. She did have his shirt, the one that he had left in his own moment of panic as he rushed out of the house, and she was intent to return it to him. "Oh, you don't have to - I mean, I figured one of your friends would have just kept it as a souvenir or something."

Ash e took the shirt, folded neatly than he had ever been able to accomplish, Jackson bit his lip for a moment, heavily considering his options. Had he been wrong about her all along? Was she shifting her weight so impatiently because she was waiting for him to leave or because she had no idea how to act in front of him. Lowering his voice, Jackson wrung the shirt in his hands, the perfect folds getting messed up. "Would you mind getting coffee or a bite to eat with me sometime? Totally innocent. You can think of it as a parent teacher one on one if you want. I just want to be able to explain."
murphray

[/dohtml]

#5 Sienna Murphy

Sienna Murphy

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:11 AM

murphray
### words
// spiralling
Yes. No doubt, part of the reason she was so flustered about the whole thing was because she, on some primal level, quite enjoyed seeing him half-naked. Had he not been a student's parent, her eyes likely would've been fixated on the rare treat that was a very attractive male. It was no insult to his way of making a living when she averted her eyes; simply it was some half-hearted attempt at keeping things professional, though judging from the blush on her cheeks and the way she reacted to his mere presence, that chance was already shot to hell.

Relief washed over her as he took the shirt out of her arms. It felt like it weighed a ton if only because she was so terrified of someone spotting her doing this. In reality people likely wouldn't think anything of it, but in her interesting, overactive mind, she thought it suspect. Now that she'd washed her hands of the item, however, she could relax slightly, though she hadn't at all anticipated what he had to say next.

It was obvious, too, in the sudden surprise on her features. The way her jaw slacked slightly and her cheeks heated even more, if that was even possible by this point. She attempted to clean her expression up shortly thereafter, reminding herself that this was an explanation. It wasn't as if he was, like, interested or something. She swallowed nervously, shrugged as casually as she could muster at the time.

"I mean there-- there isn't-- you don't have to explain anything," she said, doing her best to reassure him, but there was enough anxiety in her voice to betray her. "Nothing to worry about. But if you'd like a one on one to discuss--" What was there to discuss? Sammy? Was she looking for a reason to meet with him alone? No way. The thought of it had her poor mind swimming until she felt dizzy-- that couldn't be it. "I mean yeah. That sounds fine." Smooth.

#6 Jackson Murray

Jackson Murray

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:32 AM

[dohtml]

hold on

spiralling

Jackson was sure he had never received so many mixed signals in his life. Everything about the way she held herself during their conversation just said that she was nervous. Nervous to talk to him. Nervous in the way he'd seen so many women whenever he entered a home and flashed them a smile. Even the way she was talking was just a clear sign that he made her flustered, her words coming across jumbled and stuttered.

Yet, it was her words that contradicted all of that. The off hand shrug she gave when he spoke. Jackson had to wonder if maybe his large but contained ego was getting in the way from seeing the truth held in her mannerisms. Maybe he just expected her to react the way that nearly every other girl he usually meets does, and in turn, is just using any shred of evidence to convince himself.

"Cool. I mean, it also doesn't hurt to know the person taking care of your kid five days a week, you know?" He did his best to flash her a cool smile, letting her agreement to sit down somewhere outside of the ten minute window at the beginning and end of Sammy's school day settle over him and calm his nerves. "Tonight? This weekend?" he asked, already going through his mental calender in efforts to remember just exactly what his own schedule looked like. Without a doubt, he would make sure he would be free whenever she was at least.
murphray

[/dohtml]

#7 Sienna Murphy

Sienna Murphy

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:51 AM

murphray
### words
// spiralling
Oh god. She couldn't handle the smile. It was childish of her, she knew, to be so affected by a handsome man's smile, but neither did she pride herself on being an exceptional adult. In a lot of ways, she was a middle schooler that was plopped into an adult's world with little warning. She questioned everything she did, called her aunt over the tiniest of adult tasks-- she was, honestly, strides behind Jackson in terms of adulthood despite having finished college. He had a child. He was well put together, attractive-- he was perfectly confident in a professional meeting over coffee, whereas she couldn't even wrap her mind around his smile without seeing him like... that again.

But she did her very best anyway. Despite being a bit lazy and unmotivated at times, Sienna rarely gave up. "Whenever's fine," she squeaked, before realizing that she likely needed to give a bit more of a solid answer. "I mean, um. How about this weekend then? I'm-- I mean I don't have anything to do, so." Rambling, rambling. Cut it short. "What day? Time?"

She reached over to her desk, grabbed a day planner and a pen, and flipped to the upcoming weekend. The sad part was that all of this was a ruse; in no way was she actually this prepared. The day planner maybe had all of two words written in it. Everything else was disorganized, planned in her mind and occasionally marked in her phone if it was imperative to remember, but she wanted to appear organized nonetheless. It put off a more professional vibe, right? Yet the pen wasn't working and she scribbled all over the page, trying to make it work, before pressing the tip of it to her tongue in some effort to wet it. "There," she said as it finally marked, though the whole page was just about torn up anyway. So much for that. "Um--"

#8 Jackson Murray

Jackson Murray

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:53 AM

[dohtml]

hold on

spiralling

Maybe, once he explained his situation, the mixed signals would stop. Maybe she wouldn't seem so flustered around him. After all, she would have to understand that he just wanted the best for Sammy, wouldn't she? It was a respectable decision for him to have made. A parent doing anything for their kid was something that was taught and shown to nearly everyone at some point in their life and, okay sure, stripping wasn't the most go-to profession or route for a parent to take in order to bring money in, but it was the route that worked best for Jackson.

He watched with an amused look on his face as she flipped through her bare daily calender. How often did she even use that thing? Was her life really as unplanned as the blank squares suggested? Jackson had so many questions that he wished he could ask without them falling on curious ears.

He tried to pay no mind to the stubborn pen and Sienna's quest to get it to write. It was adorable how determined she was to finish the task she had sought out and started, writing him into her calendar like they were in a movie or book. Yet, with the way her cheeks were flushed, Jackson knew he probably should bring any attention to it.

Jackson pulled out his phone and quickly skimmed the few events he had pinned for his weekend. Sunday was booked for a bridal shower appearance on the east side, giving him absolutely no time before or after to meet up. "Saturday? I can do any time after noon." he suggested, thumb hovering over the 'create event' button in the upper right hand corner of the screen, eager to fill up the last bit of his weekend. "Do you like crepes and smoothies?" he asked as an after thought, already drumming up ideas for venues to meet.
murphray

[/dohtml]

#9 Sienna Murphy

Sienna Murphy

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:13 AM

murphray
### words
// spiralling
He was using his phone to plan it. Of course.

She could've used her phone. She would've seemed with the times, or whatever. But the truth was that she rarely planned anything; her memory was better than she gave it credit for, as she didn't have too much trouble memorizing her schedule on her own. Sometimes she'd put an alarm in her phone, but the calendar app? It was genius. Not that she would revise how she kept track of her appointments, no, so much as she wished she hadn't embarrassed herself with that damn pen just now.

"Saturday, yeah. Sounds good. How about, um-- around one?" She was already writing "Jackson Murray" on the corresponding page, pen paused to schedule the exact time in her very empty Saturday. His next question caused her to blink up at him, pondering that for a moment.

"Oh yeah, definitely," she said, suddenly realizing that she likely sounded too eager. This wasn't anything but a meeting between adults to talk about Sammy, and she was well aware, but after the way things had gone the previous weekend it was difficult to set professional boundaries. She was a bit irritated with herself for having gone to that party at all, though it wasn't as if she would've known. "I mean, that sounds fine. I'm guessing you have a pretty good place in mind?"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sienna Murphy, Jackson Murray, Mika

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D