free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

Rumble & Sway

Teagan Altair Scott Emerson gimme gimme

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:29 PM

Stoner tunnel vision, he liked to call it.

Not that it absolved him of any of his crimes. Just because he was mostly unaware that he was doing it didn't make it any less douchey. Some might argue that he was a fool for venturing into the cafeteria after having smoked a full bowl by himself, but it was a matter of logic for him. Munchies, a scholarship that gave him free food in the cafeteria, unlimited soda, ice cream machine. It wasn't the best tasting food in the universe, but again, it was free and that more than he could ask for.

Neither did he have anxiety over being stoned in front of others. In fact he preferred other folks in this state, as it made them easier to manage-- funnier, even. Most of his friendships had begun in this state, actually; he found himself a little more agreeable, a little less jerkish. But it came with its downsides, like stoner tunnel vision.

To be fair, the lines were short today, to the point of often being one or two people maximum. So he just didn't think in the structure of lines so much as a free for all, so much as dodging from one spot to the other to grab the last slice of pizza first, the last of the chocolate chip cookies, the last bit of chili for this concoction of delicious nachos he was making. There were other things, too, but they all ran in a blur on his overloaded tray, his stomach already growling as he wandered over to the soda fountain and grabbed the last clean cup.

"Shit, they're really behind today," he said to no one, laughing to himself as he filled up his cup with ice and soda, taking a pre-game bite of his pizza with his other hand.

Posted Image

#2 Teagan Altair

Teagan Altair

• Sophomore

• Not Telling
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:59 AM

She couldn't believe he had the gall, the nerve to make that happy-go-lucky, almost dismissive comment after what he'd done. The first time had seemed like an accident. The cafeteria, while not busy today, could still be a bit of a mad house when lunch rolled around so she almost understood that he might not have seen her reaching for the last slice of pizza. It was irritating and a little rude and more than a little enraging but she'd managed, somehow, to calm herself down and let it go. It was just a slice of pizza, it wasn't worth the fuss. There was other food that she could grab, after all, and to be fair, she didn't really need pizza. She'd barely even caught a glimpse of the guy that did it anyway, so there wasn't really any room to fuss even if she'd wanted.

No harm, no foul, right?

Wrong. It wasn't one time, but several. She caught a good glance of him the second time. He was tall and broad and his dark hair was unmistakable after he weaved in front of her and snatched up the last chocolate chip cooking mere seconds before her fingers touched the plate. He moved just slow enough for her memory to snatch several incriminating mental photos. By the time she bumped into him the third time, she could go to the station downtown and have a police sketch of him made up. By the fourth time, he was so ingrained into her mind that he'd probably be in her dreams for weeks as that giant, sneaky jerk that liked to steal food from tiny little sophomores. By the fifth time, she was fed up, so beyond done with his rude behavior that she followed him instead of the other way around, trailing behind him as best she could given their leg length differences.

She was lucky, or maybe he had just realized she was no longer getting food and had stopped to gloat about it. While he stood there, munching and filling up his cup as he reveled in pride at how much he'd accomplished this fine day, she stood directly behind him, a breath away from his back as crossed her arms, tapped her foot, and stared daggers into the back of his giant, stupid head. And of course, that scene wouldn't be even remotely completely without the varying, perfectly spaced out huffs under her breath that came naturally when anger took hold.

"Or -- OR! They just simply aren't prepared for giants from Narnia to come around and steal every bit of food he can get his hands on before people can even attempt to get any for themselves. What are you doing with all of that food? Do you have a family of baby hippos that I'm not seeing, you big jerk? What does one guy need with pizza, cookies, chips, chili... are those nachos?!" She couldn't understand it. Or, rather, she didn't for a few seconds until she finally glanced up at his face and noticed his glassy, red-tinged stare.

"You're high! You're high and you're taking all of the food from people that don't waste their time laughing at stupid... stupid youtube videos and fart jokes! You're high!!" She didn't care that she was in the middle of a public cafeteria outing him because, to be quite frank, there was absolutely nothing admirable about anything he had done or was currently doing and so what, who cared if he got into trouble? He deserved it.

Posted Image

#3 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:36 AM

Scott blinked once, twice, three times, processing the fact that someone was huffing and puffing and carrying on behind him. He turned slowly to look over his shoulder, as if he was cornered by a snake and trying to make as little movement as possible. Her eyes were focused on him from what he could tell, however; he glanced around in front of him in case anyone was there instead, but nope-- just a soda machine. All of her words were meant for him and him alone. How in the world had he pissed her off so badly?

"I have never seen you in my life," he said at first, completely baffled that she would go off on him so easily. But slowly the words she said began to process and he realized what he'd done as he looked back into the cafeteria. He'd broken in line and stole the last bit of the good things that were left. If he was a better person he might have felt bad about it, might have offered her something in return, but as it was he had trouble schooling the grin from his features. This little feisty thing was this mad? Already he couldn't wait to tell Liam about it.

"Chili cheese nachos--" He corrected, but she was still going off, still latching onto the next thing before he had the chance to catch up. Being called out on his high state didn't give him any anxiety, however; instead he reeled backwards in laughter now, unable to keep it contained any longer. Who was this girl? Part of him was afraid that something else had been slipped into his weed and he was hallucinating, as this all just seemed too much. Completely unreal.

"Holy Jesus, we've got a regular old detective here," he said just before taking a bite of his chili cheese nachos. He chewed for only a few moments before speaking again, clearly lacking manners of any kind. "You do realize we're in Colorado, right? Like it's legal here, and I partook off campus so there's not really anything they can do."

He swallowed his bite finally, leaning in as if he was sharing a deeply important secret. "And if you think I'm the only person here stoned, you've got a lot to learn, darlin'. We all paid the same price you did for the cafeteria lunch plan. We're entitled to eat here, too." He was still very clearly tickled, not at all bothered by her little rant. Instead he thoughtfully searched his tray for a moment or two, unable to keep his insufferable grin contained.

So he took the paper plate with the greasy pizza on it-- a slice that already had a bite taken out of it, no less-- and plopped it down on her tray. "There ya go. Happy?"

Posted Image

#4 Teagan Altair

Teagan Altair

• Sophomore

• Not Telling
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:15 AM

Her impression of the effects of weed was vastly distorted by how wrong she thought it was so she assumed he was too out of it to fully understand what she was saying. She wasn't too far from the truth, either, but marijuana had nothing to do with that. Instead his poor grasp on the situation was because he had no idea that he'd done anything at all and, well, because she had just slightly overreacted. But try telling her that. In the mind of Teagan Altair, this fit was justified. This fit was almost too tame for what this lumbering food thief deserved. And why was he so tall? What was the point of all that height? She had to practically break her neck backwards just to look at him, though she wasn't even sure what the point of that was because he was grinning, his expression overall insufferable as he put two and two together (slowly, like the burnout he inevitably was.)

She couldn't even begin to think of what to get mad at first. Obviously the food thievery was a Big Deal at this point, not because she'd had her heart set on what he'd gotten, but because she would at least like to eat something today thank you very much. Aside from that, there was the oblivious act, and after that came the arrogance, and she was just suffering anger whiplash by the time he got to gloating because, really, what about him wasn't absolutely infuriating at his point? She at least expected an apology or maybe felt that she was entitled to one. Sure, everyone had rights to eat in the cafeteria and that was just fine and dandy but in case he hadn't noticed, she wasn't eating. He'd left no edible food! There was some brown, slimy salad bowls and one single very burnt cheeseburger. That was it. It was the end of the lunch rush, after all, and he'd come in like some kind of stoner vulture.

"That's not the point! That's not the point at all, at all, and you know it! I don't give a single festering so what about whether its legal or not, that's not even a half of the reason I care, just so you know, I mean, really. It's wrong. Drugs are wrong! And bad, and completely and totally methods that people use for escapism, and they're stupid, and you stole all the food because you're too high and you have the... whatever they're called, snackies, I don't know. You're not even going to apologize? You're not even going to apologize. I can't even believe this!" He was lucky; she'd basically skimmed right over his nacho correction, but boy-howdy would she remember it later. She was particularly good at remembering details and then slaving over them later in a nearly self-loathingly perfectionist manner.

Too bad she couldn't ignore the slap of the plate onto her tray, though, nor could she stop the absolute disgust that pinched her features inward. What was wrong with this guy? "You're serious, you're actually serious, this isn't some kind of act, no, you're really this much of a jerk, aren't you? I don't want your half-eaten pizza! Do I look like I want that? I wanted my own food, I didn't even want half of what you have but you took all of it." She had to pause to take a breath, her eyes wide and angry as she stared up at him, all too tempted to do something about this nonsense but she really had nothing she could do.

Well, not absolutely nothing. Her eyes trailed from his (stupid, stupid) face down to the plate he'd tossed onto her tray and she moved without thinking once she spotted it, her trembling fingers picking up the piece of pizza before she slowly lifted it and lobbed it right at him. And then, oh... then, she adopted his expression, all too pleased with herself as she smugly stared him down (or up, or whatever).

Posted Image

#5 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:14 AM

Drugs. Ah, she was one of those types-- the ones the after-school specials spoke to directly, as she was likely gullible and unwilling to try anything new on her own. Rigid, the sort of person Scott could barely stand to be around. He wondered absently if she was religious, too, which made his stomach churn just thinking about it. Still, he was amused by her goody-two shoes schtick, to the point that he had to glance around the cafeteria to make sure Booker and Evan weren't hiding behind a table, pulling one over on him.

"Munchies, sweetheart. They're called munchies. But I didn't come here as a result of smoking weed, like some fucking cartoon where the dude is lured in by scent or something. No, I smoked because I knew this meal was free and I wanted it to taste better." He didn't owe her an explanation, he knew. But he wanted to see her expression continually shift, for her to keep calling him out dumbly like she was now. "What you think of it isn't even close to my problem."

He smiled sweetly at her then, though his amusement was still obvious in the way he watched her react to the pizza bit. "C'mon, it's one bite, you can cut it off. I'm actually being genero--" And then there was pizza flung at him like some high school food fight, a greasy piece of cheese flung onto his face as the sauce and crust rolled down his shirt for a bit before teetering right into his soda.

Dis bitch.

His laughs weren't humorous anymore. Instead they were sort of hollow, surprised, sardonic as he shook his head at her, taking a napkin and wiping down his face. "Jesus fucking christ. Maybe if you tried marijuana it'd make you act less like a goddamn ape. The fuck is wrong with you?"

Posted Image

#6 Teagan Altair

Teagan Altair

• Sophomore

• Not Telling
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:36 AM

She was one of those after-school special types, of course she was, but it wasn't like she didn't have a good reason for it. It wasn't like she was just believing what she heard because it sounded bad. She'd seen a good number of people affected by drugs throughout her entire life and sure, marijuana wasn't one of the drugs that did it, but the idea of it put a sour taste in her mouth regardless. She couldn't help it. It also wasn't beneficial towards her at all, nor towards the goals she'd set for herself. She strove for success, she strove to prove herself, and drugs would do nothing but sully those dreams entirely. Was she rigid? Oh definitely, no doubt about that. Was she judgemental? Well, he was seeing that proven then and there, right before his very eyes. Had she her reasons? Definitely. But she wasn't religious, not really. She pretended to be for the sake of her image, to impress her parents and made her family happy (which was the underlying reason for everything she did, and the reason why she tried so hard time and time again with not even a single hint of success), but logic thwarted a lot of the fairy tale beliefs of religion. Logic and experience, really. No god had helped her at any time during her life and while she didn't like to think about it too much, she'd stopped believing in any sort of hope of that happening a long time ago.

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life? Do you not know how to enjoy things without smoking? Is that it? That's it, isn't it? That's sad, that's really, really sad." And she genuinely meant that, though her words were less empathetic and more a condescending type of sympathy. Poor, poor giant stoner, so unhappy with his own life that he had to smoke to enjoy parts of it. Granted, it wasn't like she really should have been looking down (up?) her nose at him. She wasn't even the slightest bit happy in her life. She buried herself in studies and worked every hour of the day to gain the affections of parents that never gave a damn about her or her siblings. She worked to make a name for herself because she had to be something after an entire childhood of being nothing. There was absolutely nothing about the life she'd made for herself that was enjoyable, so maybe a little of her problem came from jealousy. He was so free and carefree and unbothered by the opinions of others.

She'd never allowed herself that luxury a single time in her life.

But she wasn't aware of that realization, nor would she admit to it had she been. There wasn't time now for anything close to that, either, as he reacted almost eerily to the way she'd retaliated. She couldn't deny that it felt like a victory, though. That arrogant smirk had been wiped off of his face entirely and now in its place was a hollowed out stare, as if he was just too shocked to even consider that someone could find his behavior deplorable. Good. Maybe now he'd think twice and consider other people before stomping around like he had.

"I'm acting like an ape? You've been all but flaunting your... state this entire time, and you didn't even apologize once! You're far more of an ape than I am!"

Posted Image

#7 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:02 AM

Oh, she was gonna play this game that way, huh? Divert the blame-- he was acting more like an ape. "Last I fuckin' checked, I didn't do anything to you except occupy my own space and do my own thing, sweetheart. You go ahead and try to justify this bullshit you just pulled on me, but it doesn't change how fucked up it was. Who fucking throws food when they're pissed? What are you, twelve?"

Oh, no. That temper was getting flared up. Not that he ever tried to keep it internalized; truth be told, Scott could be quite apeish when it came down to it, given that he didn't really know how to pin in any of his emotions, nor did he care to. He always did what he pleased no matter the situation, no matter what other people perceived of him. That was his right as an independent human being, and so long as he wasn't breaking any laws, he wasn't about to be told to act differently. Thus there was no guarantee that he'd come out of this without having lost his temper in a way that wasn't embarrassing, per se (Scott rarely felt embarrassed), but regrettable at the very least.

"I see. You're one of those girls. You're better than everyone else so you get to go around passing your judgment on anyone else. Had you given me five seconds to explain myself rather than, I don't know, fucking judge me instantly for something I was doing that is perfectly legal here in the state of Colorado, things might be different. But no, you just walk straight up to me and you start wailing on me. Why the fuck should I apologize to someone like that?"

He dabbed at the grease on his face, then the sauce on his shirt. "Then I fuckin' tried to have a normal ass conversation with you and I get a slice of pizza in my face. Sweetheart, you need to see a goddamn therapist far more than I need 'rehab' or whatever idiotic, unreasonable shit you think of me at the moment. So explain to me how the fuck I was ape-like for doing my own thing, while you're the one who walked up, yelled at me rather than speaking like normal fucking people do, then threw food in my face? Fucking jesus."

Posted Image

#8 Teagan Altair

Teagan Altair

• Sophomore

• Not Telling
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:25 AM

He was missing the point, absolutely dodging the point as he tried to shift the blame back onto her like she had started this whole mess to begin with. She had just wanted lunch! Really, honestly, truly, she had only wanted to grab something edible so that she could take it back to her dorm to study. That was it. She hadn't come out to argue, she hadn't come to fight or throw food or hear about how weed was legal in Colorado a good dozen or so times. "Who gives someone partially eaten food and acts like it's a perfectly good substitute for an apology? What makes you think I want to be anywhere near your mouth or the godawful mess that you put into it? Giving someone half-eaten food is the most apeish thing I've ever personally witnessed in my entire life! It's rude and honestly extremely offensive."

Her temper had been flared the moment he butted her out of the way twice, though she was less outright volatile and more subtly bitchy than anything. Being this direct wasnt unusual for her, perse, but she did generally try to keep her aggressions to a more passive level if only because an outburst of this magnitude wasn't exactly good for her image. And she was the type of person that cared about that sort of thing to a degree, maybe not on an individual level like most people, but as a whole, definitely.

"You mean that it was so hard for you to focus on other people and take into consideration that this is a public place that I have to not only endure being eclipsed by some kind of giant, high buzzard but I also have to hold your hand and walk you through why what you did was wrong just to get an apology? And you think that makes me uppity? Fine! Fine, that's just fine, maybe I am, but at least I'm not some kind of entitled... Asshole!!"

And then he implied that she needed therapy and what was just measely anger turned into a horrible concoction of defensiveness, hurt feelings, and offense. She literally could not process how anyone could be so thick. "I need therapy?! For reacting in a justified manner to someone butting in front of me and giving me half-eaten food? I need therapy? Wow, okay, you know, I think they need to consider researching the effects marijuana has on the brain because you're clearly a few dozen brain cells short."

Posted Image

#9 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:38 AM

She was maddeningly stubborn, merely finding ways to argue with him rather than truly hearing anything he had to say. It made his irritation with her worse, made his eyes flash red, made his mind swarm with ways to do the exact same back to her. "Who asks for an apology by attacking them verbally?" He shot back at her, his own anger and defensiveness written in his every feature. "Who asks for an apology by calling them out on a habit that is perfectly normal? You were condescending from the first word you'd spoken to me, already having sorted me into the people beneath you. Why should I have even bothered apologizing to you, then? Would you have even given a shit?"

To be fair, he wasn't even being nice when he gave her the food. He was being a dick, and even he couldn't deny that. This whole situation was messy enough that his high mind couldn't even sort out who to place the blame on. The fact that she was placing the blame on him, however, made him quick to shift it back to her, as he just wasn't the apologizing type. Especially to a complete stranger.

"I am an asshole, but you're the one who's entitled, sweetheart. You think you're entitled to an apology. Well I am damn sorry that I apparently hovered over you like a giant buzzard or what the fuck ever, but quite frankly, had you confronted me about it like normal people do, this might have gone over more civilly. Whatever anger issues you've got aren't my problem. How the fuck is throwing pizza at a complete stranger a justifiable reaction to not getting an apology? Why am I even explaining this?"

He laughed again, though this time there was a bit of humor in it. A genuine bit of entertainment in what she'd said. "There has been extensive research on the effects marijuana has on the brain. At this very university, in fact!" He gasped dramatically, clapping his free hand over his mouth. "I participated in the study! Can you believe it? Such immoral things happening right under your own nose! But if it's easier for you to think I'm stupid because of 'the weeds' than to accept that you were absolutely zoo-worthy for throwing food at me, then so be it. You are not my problem."

Posted Image

#10 Teagan Altair

Teagan Altair

• Sophomore

• Not Telling
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:56 PM

This was beginning to look like a dog chasing its own tail in circles; they were repeating themselves and each other, pulling up the same point over and over and over again in the hopes that eventually the other would relent and realize the error of their ways. Still, she certainly wasn't about to be the one to back down. Sure, throwing the pizza had been a little severe but he had deserved it whether he wanted to admit to it or not. The very idea that he was absolved from all blame because he was too high to pay attention to the people around him was laughable. Enraging, even.

"I was not! I was only condescending because you literally took food from beneath my fingertips five times! Five! I was just going to let it go the first time! I would have probably let it go the second! But five? Five times? Five times is a lot, and when it means that there is little to no food leftover because you couldn't control your stoner stomach, I get a little bothered! You see, as you so arrogantly reminded me earlier, everyone here has paid for that food. That means that, yes, I am entitled to it too! Have some human decency and learn to share!"

This was such a cluster of he said she said nonsense that even she was beginning to lose track of who did what and why and when but she, too, wasn't about to admit fault when she hadn't done anything wrong until he dumped his half-eaten mess of food on her tray. What he seemed to fail to realize was that it had been the only thing that had caused her to react so severely. Had he maybe just admitted that he hadn't seen her or maybe kept his dickish behavior to himself, she might have calmed down. But no, of course not.

"You were arrogant and haughty from the start! You were! You acted like it was just so hilarious that you had ended up with all the spoils! You're just as entitled as you seem to think I am! And furthermore, I would have calmed down too if you had just admitted you were wrong!"

But they were way passed that now. They had entered into the stage where everything he was doing, everything he could do would irritate her endlessly. Even his smart comment about marijuana got under her skin.

"You're so daft! That was sarcasm! I wasn't being serious. I know that! But it doesn't change the fact that you are seriously lacking in the critical thinking area."

Posted Image

#11 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

Why the fuck was he still standing here? This girl clearly had no sense of reason, dictated instead by this deeply angry response she had towards him originally. He nearly attempted to explain to her, again, that he hadn't even known he'd done such a thing until he was being verbally attacked, so in his mind she didn't deserve an apology. She'd just have something else equally as ridiculous to retort with, though, so he left it well enough alone, rolling his eyes and giving a loud, long scoff that rattled in his throat for a while to convey it without words.

"The only thing funny to me was your outlandish temper right off the bat and your after-school-special aversion to marijuana. I might've been nice enough to share some of my uneaten food had you been less ridiculous. There are ways to confront people, by the way, without resorting to such fucking dramatics." He was started to get over this. His anger, which could be potent when first triggered, was starting to fade into the background, instead replaced by his stoner hunger and his need to be right, no matter the situation.

"But y'know? I'm not sorry. Had I known you were such a bitch to start with, I would've done it on purpose." And there it was-- that insufferable smirk came crawling right back onto his features, his eyebrows raised expectantly as he took a bite of his chili cheese nachos. He crunched loudly as he grinned down at her, clearly satisfied with himself.

Posted Image

#12 Teagan Altair

Teagan Altair

• Sophomore

• Not Telling
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:57 PM

She, too, had an infallible need to be right at All Times but unlike Scott, her anger wasn't fading at all. Everytime he opened his big, ridiculous mouth, she found herself getting more and more ticky about literally everything that had happened. He had managed to speed through several irritating checkpoints in the ten (twenty, maybe?) minutes they'd been standing here arguing and he didn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. Was it just his goal to be as insufferable as possible? Did he wake up every morning with the intention of being the biggest ass he could possibly be? Was he subscribed to the religion of douchery? Was his deity some Jersey shore douchebag that preached hating thy neighbor? She just couldn't understand how one person could be such a dick at all times. Granted, a lot of that was an assumption; she didn't know him from Tom, Dick, or Harry, so she was basing literally every thought about him off of what little bit of his personality he'd shown her, as well as her biased, slightly tainted impression.

"You don't have a single nice nerve-ending in your entire oversized body! You wouldn't know how to be nice if nice came up and bit you on the butt! You literally couldn't be nice if it was a life or death situation so I'm not sure why you're acting so surprised that anyone would think you were anything but the very example for sheer assholery! I am fully aware that there are ways to confront people, thank you very much! But you deserved it, you literally didn't care about anyone but yourself, you bumped into several other people too, you know! I'm doing them a favor by standing up for the student body as a collective whole!" Which was hilarious considering, well, no one else had cared.

His last quip sent her reeling. He would have done it on purpose? On purpose?! He would have bumped into her on purpose?! Really? And that didn't make him an asshole? That just made him an outstanding citizen, right? Calling someone a bitch and bumping into them on purpose don't forget made him such a nice guy, right? "You know what, you even called yourself an asshole! You did! You said you were an asshole outright so I'm not sure why you're even getting defensive. If you're such an asshole all the time, why is it such a shock to you that someone would call you out on your assholish behavior?"

Posted Image

#13 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:23 AM

She was infuriated, still trying to find flaws in his logic when he was absolutely solid in how he saw this situation. He was the sort of person that, when he made his mind up that he hadn't done anything wrong, you could point a gun in his face and he still wouldn't apologize. If there was one thing positive you could say about Scott Emerson, it was that he was genuine when it came down to it. He never lied or pretended, as he felt like it was a waste of his time.

But he was an asshole, indeed, and he'd even admitted to that earlier. Again, not that he ever denied that sort of thing to begin with. "Oh, sweetheart. This whole argument hasn't been about what kind of person I am. I'm well aware of how off-putting I can be." He took another bite of nachos as if emphasizing that very point, giving her a once over. God, she was short. Crazy short. Like alarmingly short. He truly did tower over her, and here she was trying to give him a run for his money. Arguing, pissing him off, tossing pizza at him-- if he didn't know any better, he'd say she was sorta cute.

"I'm quite capable of being nice, just not to total strangers who confront me in the caf. That aside-- what I've been trying to argue this whole time, dear, is that you're not exactly a bright ray of sunshine yourself. In fact, I'd argue that you might be just as shitty as me." 

Posted Image

#14 Teagan Altair

Teagan Altair

• Sophomore

• Not Telling
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:37 PM

As much as she was outright determined to win this little confrontation, whether by making him give up or leave, she was becoming painfully aware that she'd spent entirely too long standing here and arguing with him. When she'd approached this situation she had assumed (as normal people do) that he would simply apologize and all would be well. Sure, she was vaguely aware that she'd gone a little off the deep end when handling him but she still thought that she deserved an apology despite all that. It was becoming painfully clear that she wouldn't get one, though, not even if she was on her death bed and it was her very last wish. This game of cat and mouse blaming was getting old, too, and she had somewhere to be very soon. She hadn't eaten, either, and that was becoming more and more of a pipe dream the longer the two of them drawled on.

So she tried to take his newest rebuttals in stride, though that was admittedly easier said than done because not only had he still not apologized but he'd implied that she, a bystander in this entire thing before he'd butted her out the way, was even a quarter as terrible as he was. That was ridiculous, outlandish really, and she couldn't just allow him to say that. She couldn't get dragged back under by the riptide of his arguing, though, either.

"I'm not even remotely close to the person you are! I was literally a passive bystander and was absolutely fine and would have stayed absolutely fine had you not started this all in the first place. You started it, remember that! But you know what? You're clearly a lost cause, it's like talking to a wall, I can't see how anyone could ever get anything across to you, ever, so I'm done. I'm finished! Have fun with all of your food." She wanted to say more, wanted to tear into him one last time and explain to him, again, why he was just oh-so wrong about his implications but she really had to go. She had things to do, a full day of schoolwork planned, and unlike him, she actually had to do it. So she gave him one more glance, locking away his face in her memory (which would later turn out to be a mistake), and turned on her heels, weaving through the crowd and right out the door.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Teagan Altair, Scott Emerson, gimme gimme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D