free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

Try the Bass

Kappa Zeta Epsilon party thread

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 Max Sirius

Max Sirius

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:19 PM

This would be okay. This would all be okay. Max hadn't been to a Kappa party before, so he didn't know much about the house or the occupants aside from what he knew from Toby, his cousin. His second beer was starting to give him a kick of confidence, however, so he straightened up, started to wander around the house, and at least attempted conversation with anyone he could find. He could've sworn he caught sight of some of his family, but he brushed that off, unwilling to occupy his time with them when he was trying so hard to be cool.

After a few moments he caught sight of a gaggle of douchey look guys and he wandered over to them, ready to make his first impression. Toby was conveniently hidden behind a keg, groaning as his cousin waltzed right on up. "Nice party," Max said with a smile. "Fuckin'-- y'know. Awesome party. There's like... people? And alcohol? And music? Yeah. My kind of party."

Shit. So much for decent impressions.

#42 Teagan Altair

Teagan Altair

• Sophomore

• Not Telling
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:21 PM

How was it possible for someone his size to be so damn sneaky? She hadn't seen him approach at all and she couldn't help but jump a little at the sound of his voice. That upset was quickly replaced by outright irritation, though, at him, at Melanie, at the entire situation. Melanie had been right and even now she could feel what she was certain was a told-you-so grin catching flashes of light beside her like some kind of beacon.

Scott took most of the pressure of irritation right off of Melanie simply by existing though. Between the rude comment and the smoke blown directly in her face, she was thoroughly annoyed.

"I didn't come with him, I came with my cousin. Why does it matter anyway? Why do you care?"

Posted Image

#43 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

"Aha!" Scott shouted, pointing at Teagan just as soon as she'd spoken. He looked entirely too satisfied with himself as his suspicions were confirmed. "You're not here for him. You just came here, to a fuckin' Kappa party, with--" He turned to look at her cousin, who he recognized as the anxious, overly competitive, and consistently flustered girl from the music department. Holy shit. Everything made sense suddenly. His high mind was so taken aback by such an obvious revelation that he went silent for a moment, before finally shaking his head and getting back around to the point.

"So I guess a Kappa party is your kind of scene, then," he said, glancing back and forth between the two of them. "You just wanted to fuckin' come. Coincidentally." He took another hit of his blunt, the end of it glowing brighter. He at least had the decency to angle it upwards and above their heads this time as he blew out a thick plume. 

Posted Image

#44 Reese Woods

Reese Woods

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:53 PM

Reese hadn't even noticed the curly haired freshman that had been at Toby and Noah's side when he walked up and to be frank, didn't seem to care when the guy held out a hand to introduce himself. "I don't think we've met, I'm Gavin." A few seconds passed as Reese cast an uncaring look at the guy's hand and instead of returning the gesture, he took a drink from his handle of Jack. Eventually, the guy dropped his hand and Reese turned his attention back to Noah, who was already throwing attitude back at Reese.

"Right. I'm not having any luck? Dude, I'm not even fucking trying yet." Reese's competitive side was about to come out. It always did when he drank (though was it ever really gone). "You name any fucking girl right fucking now, and I promise you she will be mine by the end of the night, dude. She'll basically be begging me to fuck her in front of everyone."

#45 Caitlyn Castor

Caitlyn Castor

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:02 PM

"Mal and I are extreme opposites. She's Jekyl and I'm Hyde, except - like - I'm definitely a real person and I'm the furtherest thing from evil... I think." Cait gave Gabe a dramatic wink on that note and laughed. See, this was the ideal party state; getting a little drunk but much more stoned. The booze gave her the ability to be more sociable than normal (if that was even possible) and the weed just made everyone and everything so much more enjoyable.

"Do you have any siblings? Or did you just pretend to have a twin because you're super lonely." Cait held out her fingers for the blunt, even though she was already sure she was nearing her threshold.

#46 Teagan Altair

Teagan Altair

• Sophomore

• Not Telling
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:22 PM

The party atmosphere and the sheer proxemity of all of these people had her way more on edge than usual so when his voice boomed with realization, his finger jutted outright in her face, she jumped yet again, eyes wide before her expression settled into one of aggrivation. "You are so arrogant and you still didn't answer my question! Why does it matter to you why I came? And why are you even here anyway?"

There was rightly no way she could answer his question honestly either, though. No, she hadn't came for Nich, but she hadn't came for the party itself, either. She had actually came for Scott. Or, well, to piss Scott off. She knew it, Melanie knew it. He probably could figure it out too if he tried.

Posted Image

#47 Noah Maddison

Noah Maddison

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

Poor Gavin, he seemed like an okay kid and all but Noah paid little to no attention to niceness. Oh no, Reese was here which meant that competition was here. He already had to deal with sharing Toby's limelight, though he had at least grown to be okay with that. Not with someone else, though, not now. It was of the utmost importance that Noah Fucking Maddison remained top dog around these parts.

So he formed a plan in a rare once-in-a-millenia flash of brilliance. "Fine. See that girl over there? Bet you can't pull her, dude. Bet you money. No! Not money. If you fail, you gotta announce in front of the whole party that you ain't shit, fam."

The girl in question was threaded in a crowd of other girls, arms above her head as she danced along to the music. She was a little high, a fact Noah knew for certain if only because he had been the one to provide the weed, and in that little stoner bonding session he learned (from his own failures) that she was Top Tier unobtainable. But Reese didn't need to know that, did he?

Posted Image

#48 Gabriel French

Gabriel French

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

"So if there had to be an evil twin, you'd be the evil one?" He asked, his grin slowly widening. He passed the blunt back to her, thoroughly stoned off of the good strain he'd picked up from a dispensary nearby. Gabe didn't play with that weak shit anymore. He was perfectly happy to share it with a pretty girl, however, especially one so chatty as herself.

"Oh, I have an older brother. It was more an attention thing at school than anything, y'know," he said with a shrug, taking another sip of his shitty beer to keep his alcohol and marijuana levels proportionate. "Plus it was fun to play two different roles until they figured it out. You ever try to pretend that you're your sister?"

Posted Image

#49 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

Scott felt a sense of satisfaction settling on him as he witnessed her irritation building firsthand. She was backed into a corner again, unwilling to explain why exactly she was here, which led him to one conclusion only. A conclusion that would scare him when he had the chance to think too much about it, but one that, in his high state, made him feel as though he'd won

So he ignored her question entirely, just as focused as she was on getting his own answers. "I think you're here just to piss me off." He paused for a moment, a slow smirk settling on his features, Melanie's presence all but forgotten. The entire party's presence forgotten. It was just himself and Teagan now, back in the zone, the power back in his hands. "So do you always go places you're uncomfortable with just to piss people off, or am I that special to you, sweetheart?"

Posted Image

#50 Teagan Altair

Teagan Altair

• Sophomore

• Not Telling
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:00 PM

No. No! This was going the exact opposite of how she had planned it to. This was going so far left that it was unbelievable. How did he do that every time? How could he always twist her well laid plans into something that benefitted him? Vaguely could see Melanie in her peripheral but she couldn't really tell what was going through her mind. Was she seeing this? Did she finally understand?

She shot the other girl a second long glance of 'seriously, do you see this shit?' proportions before turning her sttention immediately back to Scott, her eyes ablaze as she raised her own finger up at him.

"Why would I come here to piss you off? Why would I even care? Your ego is so inflated! How do you know I didn't come to see my family? My cousin is the president of this fraternity, you know!"

Posted Image

#51 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:09 PM

It worked! Everything was back in shape after that elevator fiasco. They were back to this banter, Scott had the upper hand, and he wasn't pissy about whatever this was anymore. (He still wanted to punch Nich right in his smug face, but that was beside the point.) He also wasn't feeling oddly emotionally vulnerable, so this was right back into his comfort zone. He was so happy he could kiss her.

Wait, no. Not that.

"Why did you come to the apartment just to piss me off? Booker all but told me the truth, y'know. By all means, you tell me. I'm dying to know." He was smirking as he moved a little closer, leaning against the wall as he stared down at her. "Is he now? So this is family time?" He had trouble restraining his laughter as he motioned to the mash of dancing bodies, some hardly clothed. One thing was for sure-- he looked like he was relieved, like he was having a god honest blast.

He held up the blunt towards her for good measure, eyebrows raised. "When in Rome, hm? Or are you more of a drinker?"

Posted Image

#52 Teagan Altair

Teagan Altair

• Sophomore

• Not Telling
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:21 PM

This was better than they had been earlier, sure, as there weren't any weirdly hostile undertones to their bickering, but it still wasn't ideal. Still, it was a little odd that there was a standard that she preferred at all and she hadn't realized that there was until they were back to this point. It was... Strange. And a little upsetting in a way she couldn't place. She was far too frustrated now to really think too hard on it, though, instead snarling almost outright at him as he continued his arrogant tyrade.

He kept piling evidence upon evidence ontop of the obvious, too, which only made her backpedal further and further. The worst part was that he wasn't wrong and he hadn't been yet. She had done this and the apartment fiasco all on account of him. Every move she had made on this chessboard was to piss him off. Could she even really act like it was for solely revenge anymore?

"If I had come here for you, solely for you, don't you think I would have found you first? Huh? Don't you think I might have gone out of my way to find you and piss you off? But no! I was minding my own business and you sought me out! Why is that, huh? Is it maybe because you came here to make sure I stayed pissed!?"

It was a stretch. More than a stretch, it was outright stupid logic, honestly, but she was failing again, as per usual when Scott was involved. She nearly spoke up again, maybe to further explain herself or try to make sense at all when he put the blunt within her reach knowing good and damn well how she felt about it.

"Ugh! It took her exactly three seconds before she physically shoved passed him and disappeared into the crowd behind him.

Posted Image

#53 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:59 PM

He was already working up a damn good rebuttal when she started to push her way past him, unwilling to argue for as long as he'd liked. It was a shame, really, that he had a tendency to make her storm off, as he quite liked to be around her. Perhaps he'd have to reign in that humor of his eventually, but he still knew he was right. She hadn't spoken to him in the apartment as some effort to piss him off-- likely she was attempting to do the same thing now, but he wasn't letting her get away with it. As Teagan left, he shrugged at Melanie with a satisfied grin. She shook her head, somewhat astonished, before following her cousin through the party.

And then Scott was left by himself. Well, that was boring. How the hell was he supposed to entertain himself now? He at least had the knowledge that Teagan wasn't here for that douche, but he wanted to stick around and make sure she was safe in case she tried to use the guy to piss him off. Nich still had terrible intentions, no matter how Teagan felt about it. So he wandered through the party in search of someone to harass when he caught sight of the asshole, right there in one of the corners near the keg.

"Wuddup, Laslow," he said smugly, arms crossed over his chest as he approached. "Your 'date' is here because of me, not you. How's it fuckin' feel to be such a loser?"

Posted Image

#54 Mickey Laslow

Mickey Laslow

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:08 PM

"Uh...."

Okay, listen. This was a riot. It was wild. Real fun party guys. He would never been able to experience debilitating anxiety and several near heart attacks at home. Really, it was swell, a real fun time, and to kick it all off into truly memorable territory, he was now being... Mocked? There had been a few times, very seldom that he and Nich had ever even been mistaken for one another. For one, Mick had secluded himself from people for the better part of his life. High school was a Must Attend sort of ordeal but outside of mandatory attendances, he never left his room. College was no different. Add to that the fact that Nich had never once, not since they were kids openly told people that he had a sibling let alone a twin and most people just didn't know Mick existed.

That made this all... A little confusing. He was a little unsure about how or why this fellow new his name. He also wasn't really sure what he was mocking him for. Was it against party regulations to be a house plant? Had he offended the party gods?

"I... Well, I mean, the loser thing, that's... A little much, I just... Didn't want to get in the way, but uh... I'm sorry, was I supposed to have a date... At all?"

Posted Image

#55 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

The fuck was this guy talking about? Even Scott was already starting to notice differences, like the sudden use of glasses paired with this strange little nervous demeanor. He blinked at him for a few moments, wondering if he'd had too much weed and mistaken someone else for Nich. But the guy was his doppleganger, identical in every way aside from body language and glasses, so Scott was sure the dude was just trying to be sly. Just trying to pull one over on him. For all he knew, Teagan was into glasses or something and this dude had put some on just to play a role.

"Don't play fuckin' stupid with me. You asked her out right in front of me at practice-- interrupted my conversation, no less. You so shocked by your fuckin' rejection that you're trying to pretend it never happened? C'mon, man. I'm not letting you off that easily."

Posted Image

#56 Mickey Laslow

Mickey Laslow

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:03 PM

So this was only growing exponentially more and more confusing by the second. It was terrifying, too, in more ways than just the usual horror of everyday social interaction brought. "Uh, I... Listen, um... I'm sure you are well within your rights to be mad but, I uh... You seem like a nice and uh... Rational big... Guy..." God, was this guy a frost giant from Azeroth? "But I don't... Follow you..."

And then it all sort of shifted into place. Practice. Asking a girl out. He was talking about Nich. Mickey avoided anything extracurricular like the plague and Nicholas was a musician. He had clearly gotten them confused.

Which was odd. Did they really look that similar?

"I think... You must have met my brother, uh... Nicholas?"

Posted Image

#57 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:17 PM

. . . . . . .

Likely this guy could see the gears turning in Scott's head as everything clicked into place. Brother. That Nicholas prick had a brother-- twin brother, it seemed-- and he happened to be at this motherfucking party, too. Scott wrinkled his nose as if this was the worst news he'd heard in a long while, brow furrowing as he tried to sort out what that meant for him.

"Fucking christ, please tell me you're nothing like that guy. I don't know if I could handle... two of him." He gave the guy another once over, thinking over his nervous demeanor. Typically Scott had a strange protective instinct of people like that, people that couldn't speak very loudly and had trouble sticking up for themselves. He was more than happy to be a voice, and this guy seemed right along those lines.

Posted Image

#58 Mickey Laslow

Mickey Laslow

• Junior

• Not Telling
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:38 PM

Were they similar? He pondered the question for a minute despite not needing even a second of it. He knew they weren't. Nicholas was outgoing and straightforward and Mick would rather razor off every ounce of his skin than have to speak to a single girl for too long, let alone several. Nicholas had the potential to be charming and alluring, albeit in ways that even Mickey recognized as manipulative, and Mickey couldn't even pick up a single plastic cup without dropping it in the most dramatic and overly exaggerated way.

No. They weren't at all similar. Their parents were to thank for that, though.

"I don't... Think so... I mean this isn't really my uh, my scene. At all... I just kind of got dragged here, I even... I had to submit a leave of absence for a raid tonight, so..." That was neither here nor there, by the way. He was just really wishing he was home.

Still, he tried to calm down and straighten up a little, though in the process he eclipsed himself further into the shadows. He really didn't want to run into his twin at all.

"You said he was after your... Girlfriend?"

Posted Image

#59 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:18 PM

Raid night? Holy shit, this kid was a dork. This was immensely different than the perception he had of Nicholas, who-- well, hell, he couldn't imagine what the dude did in his spare time, nor did he want to. Apparently the guy thought he would be doing Teagan tonight, which Scott would not be allowing in any form or fashion.

"She's not my girlfriend," he said quickly, though he didn't seem at all disgusted by the idea. Instead he clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth, merely thoughtful for a few moments. "But he's a fucking slimy piece of shit that wants to get in her pants, and it's my responsibility as her--" Friend? That sure as hell wasn't an accurate descriptor. Scott didn't know what to call her. 

"It's my responsibility as a good person to make sure he doesn't take advantage of her or some shit." It all sounded stupid to him now. "She's like... innocent or some shit, I don't know." He didn't even know if that was entirely true. He knew very little about her, he was realizing. In fact, while he was most certainly here to make sure she was alright, he was also here out of pure jealousy. This was partly on him.

Posted Image

#60 Reese Woods

Reese Woods

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:35 PM

There was not a doubt in Reese's mind that he was going to succeed tonight. He was handsome, sexy even, and when he really turned on the charm, there wasn't a chance that any girl would turn him down. "And if I win, you gotta do the same, fuckbag." Reese grinned as he peered across the crowd at the girl that Noah had 'chosen' for him. It was game time and Reese wasn't someone who liked to lose.

Instead of heading towards her though, Reese found his way into the kitchen and glanced at the unstately mess that had become the counters. He knew how to play this. He knew how to gain trust. In a lucky stroke, Reese caught sight of one of the younger pledges pulling the last unopened beer bottle from the bottom of the fridge and before the kid could even think to defend his treasure, Reese snatched the bottle out of the kid's hands. "Keg beer for you, kid. It'll put hair on your chest."

Without wasting a moment, Reese confidently found his way into the group of girls surrounding the one that Noah had singled out for him. "Where'd you learn how to dance like this?" he asked with a smile as he held out the unopened beer. An offering.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kappa Zeta Epsilon, party thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D