free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

Hypothetically Speaking

Grant Booker Scott Emerson Liam McCallister Evan Cordova

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Grant Booker

Grant Booker

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:40 AM

The world was going to shit and he was convinced of it.

Not that he was a raving religious lunatic; he didn't take that approach to it, so much as thinking over ways in which the world would end. Logically it would be zombies, he figured-- climate change alone would be too predictable. So he spent an inordinate amount of time sitting at his computer, thinking up legitimate plans as to how to last through such an event.

It would take teamwork, he knew, a legitimate effort to stick together with those he already knew and was close to. So there was no point in continuing these plans without his friends. He stepped out into the living room, though only Scott was there currently, scavenging their refrigerator for any food (as per usual, he was blazed beyond belief). 

So Booker put on his best booming voice and yelled: "Apartment meeting, right now! Kitchen!" He set his laptop down on the bar and pulled up one of the stools, ignoring Scott's incredulous and slightly annoyed looks.

#2 Evan Cordova

Evan Cordova

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:16 AM

Evan had been laying in his bed, flicking his way through profiles on Tinder like he had been doing for the past 20 minutes, when Booker's voice reached him through the door of the bedroom. Quickly, he dashed out towards Booker (nearly running into a slow moving Liam in the process), knowing full and well that whatever it was that his best friend was calling out to them for was probably very important. 

"Did they eat all the cereal again?" Evan asked as he hopped into the stool next to Booker's, already peering at the screen of his friends laptop because privacy wasn't entirely a thing between them at this point. "We should get child proof lo--" Evan's voice trailed off as he scanned the tabs Booker had open. Just as Liam opened his mouth to sleepily protest the meeting, Evan spun around on the stool with a grin, already knowing where Booker was going with this but waiting to let his friend start it off himself. 

#3 Grant Booker

Grant Booker

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:19 AM

As expected, the other two filtered out with ease and entered the kitchen, his three comrades in arms here with him. "Here's the thing," he started, gaze serious as he looked back and forth between the three of them, "the world's going to shit and there's no telling what's next. I mean... Trump? Britain? What's next, you know?"

He paused for a second for dramatic effect. "I'm just saying we need to have a contingency plan in case the zombies are next."

Scott scoffed loudly, slamming a milk jug down as he unabashedly raided the cabinet for the cereal.

#4 Evan Cordova

Evan Cordova

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:26 AM

"Right. Zombies." Liam said, rubbing at his eyes with the palms of his hands. "Does this apocalypse also include vampire and werewolves or are we just covering one base on fantasy island tonight?"

Evan shrugged. "I'm not discounting Vampires and Werewolves, Liam, but this is real. Zombies are gonna be a reality soon and when they decide to show their faces around here - " Evan held up his fists, putting on and incredulous expression as he raised his fists. "They won't have any faces left to show after I'm done with them" 

#5 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:30 AM

Alright, this was some bullshit, plain and simple. Not that he necessarily minded conversations like this with his nonsensical roommates, but he always had to act like he hated it at the very least. Still he gave the other two a chance to speak, leaning his tall form against the counter as he prepared himself a bowl of (their) cereal. "Fuck no, Evan," he started, shaking his head in shame. "You motherfuckers wouldn't last a day when the zombies came for you. Mark my words, you'd be the ones biting the rest of us." He nodded to Liam for solidarity, as if the guy would back him up.

Booker shook his head, turning the laptop for Scott to see. "No-- no we could make it if we come up with a decent plan here. Where to go and what to do sort of thing. I've been doing my research."

Posted Image

#6 Liam McCallister

Liam McCallister

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:04 PM

"I wouldn't last a day? Please, Scott, give me a little credit. I would last at least a week." Evan puffed his chest out as he spoke, proud of himself even though it wasn't exactly the most bragworthy statement he'd ever made. 

Liam kept quiet though, mainly because he was way too high to have anything good to contribute at the moment and also because - well, he was drinking it in. Booker was fucking right. They needed a plan! How was he supposed to survive in an apocalypse with a bum leg? How was he supposed to fight when he couldn't even run? He needed a plan and he was going to listen to what Booker already had. 

#7 Grant Booker

Grant Booker

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:50 PM

This was all hypothetical, yes, but terribly necessary to discuss given the world's state of affairs. So he took this kinda, sorta seriously, even if he knew the likelihood of a zombie apocalypse was unlikely. But still-- what if?

"You can't use your fists, Evan," he explained. "We have to have guns."

Scott didn't let him finish. "Guns attract attention."

"And knives, then. Those too."

#8 Liam McCallister

Liam McCallister

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:45 PM

"Uhhh" Already they all seemed to be way ahead of Liam in terms of ideas of preparations. "Hmm, one sec." Liam began to riffle through the papers stacked on the table beside the couch until he finally produced a notebook, one that he had bought for school but forgotten to use. He hobbled back to the group, already scribbling notes on the pages. "Guns. Knifes. No fists. Uh - baseball bats, maybe?" he muttered as he wrote, excitement causing him to bounce on his heels. 

"So you're telling me I can't stop a zombie with the ol' one-two?" Evan said. "Because I highly doubt that. I've never lost a fight, guys, and just because these things are undead doesn't mean that's gonna change. Of course, I've never actually been in a fight, but look - statistically, I'm golden here." 

#9 Scott Emerson

Scott Emerson

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:03 PM

Were these guys fucking serious? Even Liam was committing, too stoned to see how unlikely all of this was. Scott was tempted to deflate this argument here and now with facts that confirmed how unlikely it was, but he supposed it was something to talk about. Might as well roll with it.

"Swords," he named off quickly, nodding to Liam so he'd write them down. "Small, light ones like a katana, you know. Axes-- really anything with a blade. Fuckin' flamethrowers, chainsaws, armored cars to mow them down. And that's just combat strategy."

Booker seemed more occupied with trying to convince Evan not to use his fists. "No, you have to fuck up the head, you know? Plus they could bite your knuckles and then you'd be done for. Gotta keep as far away from them as possible, man."

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grant Booker, Scott Emerson, Liam McCallister, Evan Cordova

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D