free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

fighting fire with fire;

mckenna rayne dustin chase dickenna

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dustin Chase

Dustin Chase

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

Dustin was slouched where he sat in the back of the campus library, legs kicked out and stretching underneath the table to rest between the chairs on the other side. He was studying - or at least he was trying to study. While there weren't many students around, no doubt taking full advantage of their free time elsewhere on campus, the table directly in front of Dustin was occupied and the girl who was occupying it didn't seem to give a shit about anyone but herself. 

"Hey. Hey.He groveled, his voice coming out so low and rough that it was almost as though he had never spoken before in his life - except that was just how Dustin's voice was. "Not everyone wants to hear your shitty music. Do you fucking mind turning it down?"

#2 Mckenna Rayne

Mckenna Rayne

• Pending
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:10 AM

Yes, as a matter of fact, she did mind, but he would never be able to guess that, her expression nothing but pure amusement as she swiveled around and met his stare, resting her chin on her hands, head tilted with almost mocking affection.

"I'm sorry, does my music make it hard for you to think?" she asked, blinking rapidly for a second before that curious affection morphed into some sort of shifty smile. "It must be so hard for you to think even in silence. I can't imagine what it's like living in such a busy world with the mind of a neanderthal. Do you need me to read those notes for you? It's the least I could do for being such a burden to a living artifact."

Okay, so maybe that was a little harsher than necessary, but she really didn't mean anything hostile by it. This sort of thing was just what she did. She enjoyed making little off-the-cuff comments like that, enjoyed seeing people's reactions and playing off of them. And this guy? This guy looked like a surefire way to have fun. He looked like a walking party, matter of fact! With his tense shoulders and his grumbly, broody voice, she couldn't imagine a better way to spend her afternoon than to get him riled up. 

tumblr_inline_ns42mdBRH21rpdlxb_500.gif

#3 Dustin Chase

Dustin Chase

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:24 AM

The smirk that Dustin wore, one that seemed almost a permanent fixture on his face at times, slowly slid off of his face as she swiveled around to face him. He was used to people that would scoff and roll their eyes at him as they moved away or met his request, but it was rare that anyone met him head on and frankly, he hadn't prepared for that outcome today. 

Dustin clinched his jaw at her berating remarks, his nostrils flaring in anger at the degrading way she spoke at him. Sure, he deserved it. He could have approached her in a more kind manner yet - 

"At least I didn't have to tell you that you're a burden on everyone else. I'm glad you possess the cognitive ability to fucking work through that at least." Dustin stubbornly, and probably a little childishly, stood his book up on it's end, creating a barrier between himself and her and hiding him from where he slouched in his chair. His eyes ghosted over the words just to have something to do. "So I only have to assume you blare that sorry excuse you call music in an attempt to repel everyone from getting to know you and you're disgusting personality. I'm sure it's much easier for you to handle." 

#4 Mckenna Rayne

Mckenna Rayne

• Pending
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:20 AM

Aw, did she hurt the baby's feelings? Good. That had sort of been her intentions, after all. Well, maybe not to that extent, maybe not actually hurting him, but she'd gotten a reaction and boy, was it a good one. Better than she could have ever expected, actually. Was he actually building a book barrier between them? That was just so precious, and unbelievably unhelpful, too. Did he not know that paper and cardboard wouldn't do anything but egg her on further? Already she was scooting closer to the table and leaning forward, her arms folded at the top of the book as she forced herself right back into his view.

"You think that I'm bothered by whether or not other people like me or my music? That's so precious. This toddler level thinking is really endearing, I've got to say, but I'm curious so indulge me for a little bit. Does the infant mindset and two year old temper tantrums come with all of the works? You're not wearing a diaper right now, are you? Because it would fit your babyish attitude to a tee."

Just how many of his buttons could she press? It was very rare that anyone even attempted to stand toe to toe with her relentless, borderline psychological prodding, but he was starting to seem like a good candidate. Would he keep up this little game or would he wither out of it eventually? She was dying to know.

#5 Dustin Chase

Dustin Chase

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:45 AM

He could just get up and leave himself - just tuck his book underneath his arm and waltz out of the library to find a quieter place to study. Any other person would have at this point, desperate to avoid the conflict that came with the obvious clash in their personality. Yet, Dustin never shied away from this type of interaction because it got his adrenaline pumping. He loved the thought of being able to best someone with just words alone. 

"Are you imagining me wearing a diaper right now?" Dustin asked, scoffing at her. His temper was flaring, reaching temperatures that would warn most people away and yet - this girl was moving closer. "Because that's really sick and kind of hot in a way. Are you always this forward with your kinks with people you've just met?" 

He stood his ground, even as she folded her arms on top of his book and encroached into his space once again, making him clench his jaw as he resisted scooting his chair back. Who was this girl? 

"No, it's gotta be that you're just really into the whole negging thing. Let me fucking guess, daddy issues?" 

#6 Mckenna Rayne

Mckenna Rayne

• Pending
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

He was stubborn. He could have left at any time if he absolutely wanted to. She wasn't holding a gun to his head, wasn't forcing him to stay behind and argue with her, and yet here he was. Not only that, but he was fighting back with such aggression that it was just perfect. He wasn't folding or bending to the weight of her insults, he wasn't backing down, he wasn't running away at all.

Already she'd found her new favorite person to pick on. He had no idea, but just by fighting back he was sealing his write, signing his own metaphorical death wish, so to speak. Likely she'd never leave him alone now. This interaction alone was landslides better than any other she'd ever had at this school or anytime before it. Most of the time she got a little resistance from people, but more often than not people just kind of left. And she imagined he might eventually, too, but he had provided so much fire already that it hardly mattered.

The deal was sealed.

"Oh, totally, she fired back, leaning forward for a second as she eyed him obviously, playing up the part that she really was not only imagining him in one but checking him out all the same. "But the daddy issue thing sounds a little like projecting your own issues, because there is nothing about my daddy that I want to see in a diaper. So let me guess, you're the one with daddy issues, aren't you sugar?"

She had no idea how accurate that little comment was either, mostly just pandering for the situation. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D