free hit counter

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located just south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

What I did on my summer vacation

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:35 PM

It was getting closer and closer to the end of their vacation, Valerie had a wonderful time.  She had relaxed on the beach; gotten some color and the horseback riding on the beach had been amazing.    She also went out on a boat, something which Melissa had managed to get not just her but Valerie and Adrian invited to.  How her younger sister had made that happen, Valerie just didn’t question.  Still, the people they went with were nice and Valerie had a good time.

The ten days at the beach didn’t seem like enough and the ten days here, in the mountains, also didn’t seem like enough but for a different reason.   Valerie had met someone, Jeff was his name.  He was here on vacation with a few of his friends and they had instantly been attracted to one another.   He had told her about himself, he was in his last year in college, at Berkley.  Majoring in pre-med as he wanted to be a pediatrician, he had lived in San Francisco his entire life.   She told him enough, that she was pre-vet major, her love of animals, even that she and Melissa were adopted but didn’t go further than that, ten days wasn’t enough to get into all of it but Valerie was certain if she had longer she would have , probably, told him all of her story.

They had meant at one of the gatherings the place had, for this one the retreat had set up a bonfire, there were people singing, playing guitars and just getting to know each other.  And he had approached her and they ended up talking all night, which was so unlike her, he was just so easy to talk to.   He had picked her up for dinner or to go out to something several times, so, she had introduced him to whoever was in their cabin at the time though the introductions had been brief. 

Tonight though they had agreed for him to spend time with his friends and Valerie would spend time with Adrian and Melissa.  The time at the beach had been very much sibling time and while Valerie had made sure to spent time during the day with her brother and sister she felt like she hadn’t spent enough time with them, over all.  Well, sort of, Melissa had been going out a lot to some place that she insisted her siblings would know about soon enough.  Melissa had asked that both she and Adrian and Valerie come here, as she had a surprise for them.   The here was a local bar, as Valerie walked into it, she searched around for her brother and noticed the stage with the band equipment.  

#2 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:11 AM

Adrian wasn’t ready to get back to reality.  Their vacation had been amazing – the trio really had done their research, and as expected, their parents had come through for them.  Val had completely recovered in terms of her health, and although Adrian would always have some worry in his mind for her (and Mel), it was a normal amount, now.  He wasn’t being quite so overprotective anymore, and things had definitely gone back to normal.

The horseback riding had probably been his favourite part of their beach portion, but the trip on the boat had been pretty awesome, too.  Like Valerie, he hadn’t questioned just how Melissa had gotten them there, and simply thanked her.  It had been a lot of fun, and the ten days just flew by in no time at all.

The same had happened with their trip to the mountains.  It would be a wonderful area to come in the winter, and possibly either ski or snowboard down the mountains.  Adrian wasn’t very good with either extreme sport, though.  It was still a lot of fun, but he wouldn’t have the experience to go on a mountain.  He was sure there must be ski resorts here, though.

He had been trying not to dwell on how much he missed Rose, and it actually surprised him to find just how often his thoughts strayed to her.  He still texted her regularly, sometimes pictures of him and his sisters, other times just talking to her.  Part of him had wished he had invited her, but it was too soon.  He didn’t want to freak her out, and this had kind of been a family affair, anyway.  Still, it was hard when Mel went out regularly, as she usually did, and even Val had found someone to spend some time with!  Adrian had made it pretty clear that the guy, Jeff, had better treat her right, but he had to admit that nothing struck him as malicious with him.  He seemed to genuinely enjoy being with Val, and it was obvious that she was enjoying her time with him, too. 

Adrian had arrived at the bar a little earlier, and he had to admit he was intrigued as he saw everything set up.  He had managed to snag a table right in front, and already had a beer in hand as he saw Valerie walk in.  “Valerie!” he called out with a smile, lifting his hand to get her attention.  It was a tall table, meant to be stood at, rather than seated, but it was a table nonetheless.  “Glad you found it ok!  You want a drink?”

#3 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

Valerie was wondering about the equipment on the stage, when she spotted her brother, standing at a table.   She nodded.  ”Good  thing, it’s a small town.  The cab driver knew just where to go.”

Apparently, this town, or what she’s seen of it, was small, with very few places, outside the resort, to go for entertainment or just a night out.  There were a few restaurants, a movie theater that had to have been here since at least the 40’s, a small park, a few stores and one grocery store.  Valerie was pretty sure it was the kind of town no one would come to if it wasn’t for the resort.   
”That sounds good.   White wine, Zinfandel.”  Valerie didn’t drink a lot and when she did, she tended to lean towards wine or wine coolers.  She would have one glass and then Coke or some other soda the rest of the night.    ”So, any idea what Melissa is up to?”

#4 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

Adrian laughed as Val commented on the size of the town. “Yeah, we kinda lucked out there. I had no idea this place was even here! Though I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. Mel’s got a knack for hunting this stuff down on her own."

As he asked if she wanted a drink, he nodded and lifted a hand to get their server’s attention. Quietly ordering the white Zinfandel for Val, it didn’t take long for a glass to arrive at their table. Paying for the drink then, instead of starting a tab, he slid the glass over to her.

“I have no idea. Maybe she organized a party or something? Hired a band…kind of a going away kick-off?” Glancing up at the stage, he studied the instruments for a few moments. “You don’t think she’d actually perform anything, do you?” Honestly…it wouldn’t shock him. That was the strangest part. But the fact that he didn’t have a clue was bothering him more than he cared to admit. He prided himself on knowing his sisters better than anyone, except maybe each other.

“Thoughts?”

#5 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:46 AM

”Yeah, she does.  I think she could find something to do in the Artic if she had to. “ One of the things that Val always admired about her sister was that she would just ask around to find things to do.  Valerie could never picture herself doing that.  

Valerie nodded thanks to her brother and took a sip of the wine.  It was surprising good, then again , maybe they got more people here from the resort in the winter so they stocked a better supply than one would think.

”I really have no idea.  She was determined to keep it a secret but none of those would surprise me. “ Though she wasn’t sure how Melissa could set up a chance to perform on such short notice.  It was odd that neither sibling had any idea though, normally she could guess a little better than this. 

A few people came on to the stage and checked out the instruments, well, if she was performing they would find out soon enough.   One at a time the band took the stage, the drummer,  guitar players, a man that looked like he might be a lead singer, then their question was answered as Melissa got up there, guitar in hand , taken the mic next to the lead singer.  

The band started out with a popular song which the male lead and Melissa sang the leads, then another song where the male sang the lead, then the third song surprised Valerie more than anything.  Melissa picked up an Acoustic guitar and performed a song she had been working on before the end of the semester.  Valerie had heard her work on it but mostly the music it now had words.  A beautiful song about being awoken by love.  It amazed  Valerie how Melissa could so eloquently put into words something she had yet to experience as Melissa had never fallen in love with anyone.  Though it wasn’t the first time that her sister had expressed something she had yet to experience.   The band played one more song before taking a break.

” I certainly didn’t expect that.” Valerie spoke.  Her wine now gone, she ordered a Coke when the waiter came back to the table. 

#6 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:31 AM

Chuckling fondly as they talked about their sister, he nodded in agreement.  “She really could find something…anywhere.  As long as there’s people around, she’ll find her niche.”  It made Adrian happy that she could find somewhere to fit in no matter where they went, though it was also a little nerve-wracking at times.  He knew he couldn’t always keep tabs on her, and she wasn’t always up front about where she was actually going, which scared him.  If she got into trouble again, what if he couldn’t help her out of it?

He wasn’t so worried right now, though.  Melissa had been in a seemingly good mood as of late, and the fact that she wanted to share whatever this was with them caused his heart to leap excitedly.  He really did love both of his sisters more than anything.  Casually hitting the button on his phone to cause his home screen to light up, there was a slightly disappointed look that crossed his face for a moment as he saw that there was no message from Rose.  Oh well, he would see her again soon enough.

Turning back to the stage as it started to fill up with people, Adrian’s smile widened as Melissa also took the stage.  “She is gonna sing!” he said excitedly, turning so that he was fully facing the stage and leaning against the table.  He gave her a little wave before taking another sip of his beer, but he wasn’t sure if she noticed or not.  He didn’t want to distract her too much.  He knew Mel was an excellent musician, and hearing her on stage with a real band was

Letting out a soft gasp as he realized what song she was playing by the time it was her turn to sing lead, he turned to stare at Val incredulously with his mouth open.  “Did you know she’d finished it?” he asked, and a proud smile curled up the corners of his mouth.  Turning back to the stage, the sappy part of him felt a slight burning behind his eyes.  That was all, though.  Just a little misty.  Swallowing past the lump in his throat, he turned back to Val as the next song finished up.  The words had certainly hit him hard – much harder than he had ever expected.

“No…I didn’t either.  Think she’ll come out here for a bit, or hang out with the guys in the back?”  He hoped she would come out – he wanted to tell her how proud he was of her!

#7 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:28 PM

The thing with Melissa was that she seemed far more comfortable being around people and having things to do than just being by herself for a while.  Though if she was working on her music; she could be alone for hours going over and over it to get it just right.  It concerned Valerie, sometimes, as well but , like Adrian, she hadn’t been so worried about her sister as of late, it just seemed like something had changed in the younger sibling, she seemed to be more content or , at least, had been getting into less trouble.  There was no telling if it would hold but for now, there seemed to be less need for concern.

Catching the look on her brother’s face.   ”I’m sure she’ll text you soon.” Valerie had to wonder if the way she felt around Jeff was the same as her brother felt around Rose.  She already that she was going to miss Jeff and more than she wanted to think about.

A smile crossed Valerie’s lips as she saw her sister take the stage, and the older sister pulled out her cell phone.   Mom and Dad would want to see this; the older sister was certain of.   It was certainly a treat and made Valerie wonder if this might a direction Melissa would want to lean towards, performing with a band. 

”No.” Shaking her head.   Something caught in Valerie’s throat as well but she took a sip of her drink to cover it.  The song finished and by the applause, the audience also enjoyed it.  

Adrian’s question was answered soon enough as Melissa came out of the back and made her way to he r siblings but not before being stopped by a man who gave her his card.    When she reached the table, Valerie got out of her seat and hugged her sister.   ”That was great.  How did you get to perform with them?” Valerie asked.

”Their female lead came down with the flu.  They needed someone to fill in just for tonight so I tried out. “ It was a big deal but Melissa was Melissa and there was still a lot in her that felt the need to 

#8 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:36 AM

Adrian blushed as he was caught checking his phone, and he cleared his throat awkwardly.  “I…wasn’t worried…”  How lame, he couldn’t even convince himself.  Sighing softly, his shoulders hunched a bit.  “I’m so pathetic.”  How many men sat and waited for texts from their girlfriends?  “I have no idea how she isn’t sick of me yet.  I know I’m overly intrusive, but she doesn’t seem to care.”  Neither did his sisters, at least most of the time.  And sometimes he just didn’t understand how he got away with it.  Maybe because it was coming from a place of love…but he wasn’t sure how willing he would be to put up with someone with his…personality.

Melissa was a welcome distraction, though, and Adrian hadn’t even thought to record it for their parents.  He would have to get a copy of that from her, later.  For now, though, he was captivated by his little sister.  She really was incredible, both on and off stage.  It wasn’t just her family that thought so, either, judging by the applause the band had received before they took their break!

Watching as Mel was given a card, Adrian tilted his head as he sipped at his beer again.  “You were awesome up there, Mel!” he said encouragingly, and was curious to hear her answer to Val’s question. 

“Well, you were great!  They definitely picked the right girl for the job.  And…what was that little exchange there?” he asked knowingly, gesturing towards the man that had given her a card.  Was that an agent of some sort?  That would be a big deal!  Or he supposed he could have just been giving her his number.  “It really was an awesome surprise, Mel.  I’m so, so proud of you.”  Pulling her into a hug, he pressed a kiss to her hair affectionately.  “Are you guys playing another set?”

#9 Rose Newhall

Rose Newhall

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:12 PM

Valerie smiled at her brother.   ”It’s not pathetic, it’s sweet.”  Pausing for a moment.  ”Maybe, she understands where it comes from.  It’s not like you don’t want her to have anything in her life that’s all about you.  You just want to hear from her, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.” Absently , lightly tapping her own phone as if in thought for a moment but she just took another sip from her soda.

Melissa smiled at her brother’s compliment.  Looking for the first time at the card.  ”He said he’s a record producer. “ She looked at it for another moment.  ”Mike, the lead singer, said that sometimes they get legitimate ones in here but many times, they aren’t.  He seems to know which ones are and which ones aren’t.  “ She heard Adrian’s next words . ”Thanks. “ She paused.  ”Yeah, we have one more set.  Then the band wanted to take me out for a late dinner at the diner down the street but I thought maybe the three of us could meet up after that, at the end of the week bonfire, back at the resort.” Valerie seemed to agree but she left the decision up to Adrian.

Melissa looked back and saw the drummer from the band wave her over.  ”I’ve gotta go but I’ll see you both later.” And she was off  to the back to get ready to do the next set.  

rosenewsig_zpsfc9b6398.jpg

#10 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:14 PM

(You can just ignore the Rose post....my mistake.)

Valerie smiled at her brother.   ”It’s not pathetic, it’s sweet.”  Pausing for a moment.  ”Maybe, she understands where it comes from.  It’s not like you don’t want her to have anything in her life that’s all about you.  You just want to hear from her, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.” Absently , lightly tapping her own phone as if in thought for a moment but she just took another sip from her soda.

Melissa smiled at her brother’s compliment.  Looking for the first time at the card.  ”He said he’s a record producer. “ She looked at it for another moment.  ”Mike, the lead singer, said that sometimes they get legitimate ones in here but many times, they aren’t.  He seems to know which ones are and which ones aren’t.  “ She heard Adrian’s next words . ”Thanks. “ She paused.  ”Yeah, we have one more set.  Then the band wanted to take me out for a late dinner at the diner down the street but I thought maybe the three of us could meet up after that, at the end of the week bonfire, back at the resort.” Valerie seemed to agree but she left the decision up to Adrian.

Melissa looked back and saw the drummer from the band wave her over.  ”I’ve gotta go but I’ll see you both later.” And she was off  to the back to get ready to do the next set.  

#11 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:59 AM

Smiling gratefully as Val tried to make him feel better about checking his phone, he shrugged his shoulders.  “I’m surprised you’re not texting a certain someone.” he said pointedly, but there was a smile on his face.  He really was glad that Val had found someone on this trip, but he hoped she wouldn’t be too heart-broken when they went back home.  “Ya, I don’t want her whole life to revolve around me…as awesome as that would be.” he said good-naturedly.  “I’ll be sure to see her when we get back, though.  I’ve enjoyed my time out with my girls.”  Yes, they might have lived together, but this was family time.  This was a nice vacation.

When Mel came over, though, he couldn’t help but sing her praises.  “Well you should definitely talk to Mike.  Find out if he’s legit or not.”  Although, he supposed that would mean Mel would have to make a pretty huge decision.  It would be unlikely that she could finish school and sing in a band (or solo).  And she likely wouldn’t live with them anymore.  That thought was saddening.  But he also knew that Mel wasn’t entirely happy in Colorado.  Maybe she needed this…

It wouldn’t stop him from commenting on her accomplishment tonight, though.  Nodding as she explained that after their last set, the band would go out for dinner, he glanced over at Val.  “Sounds fine to me.  I’m sure Val and I can grab dinner ourselves somewhere.  Unless…she wants to meet up with a certain Jeffy-poo before the family meets up.” he teased, but he was also being partially serious.  If it came down to it, he could eat on his own.  He wasn’t one of those people that needed to go to a restaurant with someone…even if it was preferred to have company.  “The bonfire sounds like a perfect place to meet back up, though.”

Mel quickly dismissed herself, and Adrian waved at her before taking another drink of his beer.  “Well?  What do you think, Valerie?”  About any of it…

#12 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:00 PM

A small smile came to Val’s lips ”I’m sure we’ll be talking later.” She was trying to prepare herself for the inevitable but she had never been thought something like this, so, there was no telling how she would take it.   ”It’s been a great vacation.  I think we’ll be talking about it for years.” It was only the truth.

Mel nodded.  ”I’ll check it out.” Not that she would be leaving with the man that handed her the card but if he was legit….her mind went to that possibly for a moment but it was too much to contemplate considering she didn’t really know enough.

Val rolled her eyes slightly and threw a napkin at her brother.  ”Nope,  brother dear, you’re stuck with me for the evening.”  Figuring they would decide on a place to eat later, she watched as Melissa made her exit.  

”I think that our little sister is growing up.”  There was a time that Melissa might have just responded to the man’s card without checking first.   ”I, also, think that the time here might be a little too short.” At least for her for obvious reasons.   

#13 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:24 AM

Adrian smiled in understanding at Val.  “Yeah, you can talk anytime you want.” he said gently, knowing that this goodbye would be painful for Valerie.  She didn’t connect to people very easily, but this guy had caught her attention.  Now she would have to say goodbye to him…and it would be heartbreaking.  “It really has been an amazing vacation.  I’m glad we came together.”  And he was happy that Val had found someone, even if it was only short-term.

He really was incredibly proud of his baby sister, and he nodded as she agreed to check him out before signing onto anything.  “That’s my girl.  Now…go get ‘em, tiger.” he said with a smile, playfully punching her arm before she disappeared back on stage with the rest of the band.

Teasingly allowing his other sister some slack in case she wanted to go out with Jeff, he laughed as she threw a wadded up napkin at her.  “Drats.  And here I was hoping I could have some alone time.” he said with a snap of his fingers, but he winked at her to show that he was joking.  As she commented that Mel was growing up, though, Adrian sighed softly and nodded.  “She really is, isn’t she?”  It wasn’t that he was disappointed.  He really was proud!  But she was also the baby sister that wouldn’t need him as much anymore.

“Think she’ll forget about us when she makes it big?” he asked jokingly, trying to lighten the mood afterwards again.  It wasn’t fair for him to get depressed over his sister growing up – this was a good thing.

Glancing back to Val as she commented that the trip was too short, though, he gave her an understanding look.  “Well…I don’t really think it’s feasible if we all stay.  But…if only one of us were to stay…that might be doable…but only for like a week or so…” he trailed off.  If it was Mel, he might have had more of a concern.  He was still concerned, yes.  But he wanted Val to be happy, too.

“And if you do decide to stay…you know all you need to do is call…and I’ll be here, if needed.”  It would give Val some alone time with Jeff, if she wanted it, but if something went wrong he would come and get her right away.

#14 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:51 PM

”I know.  I really didn’t expect to meet anyone like him.” Not just on vacation but ever.  She didn’t want to dwell on it too much though.   Nodding to his comment  about the vacation as she sipped her Coke.    Though she was fairly certain her brother would also be glad to get back, as well.

With Melissa now gone, the two siblings kept talking.  Valerie laughed Adrian’s comment about some alone time.  ”Well, I guess you’ll just have to deal with me being around.” She joked.  Valerie nodded.  ”It’s weird to think about her not making rush decisions anymore.  Do you think this is a phase or it’ll last?” Valerie knew her sister well enough to know that sometimes she went though phases like this but they hadn’t ever lasted before.

”Oh, of course not.  Who would she put into her memoir, if she doesn’t write about us?” She said lightly. 

A smiled crossed Valerie’s lips as her brother mentioned, maybe, one of them staying.  ”You think so?   We should though talk the idea over with Melissa though before calling Mom and Dad.” She just wanted to make sure none of them felt left out but she was , also, certain that Melissa would want her to stay. 

”I know.” Valerie said softly, Adrian was always there for her and Melissa and always had been.   The music started up again, Melissa did one duet, sang backup for one of the guys, then got behind the piano and played another original song of hers but this was one that she had written about a year ago and the siblings should have been familiar with. 

The music was met with more applause and it came the time the set was over, Melissa came back out of the back, she hugged her siblings but the visit was brief as she went to take off with the band for dinner.

Valerie looked at her brother. ”So, you have any idea of what to do for dinner.” 

#15 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:18 AM

Adrian smiled warmly at Val.  She had it pretty bad for this Jeff guy.  It was actually good to see.  He had always worried about her, that she didn’t put herself out there.  She pushed herself so hard all the time, and he rarely saw her have much of a social life.  Then again, she could probably say the same thing about him.  Every time he ditched a date to come running home.  Smiling at the thought, he took another drink before listening to their other sister take the stage once more.

“I would be more than happy to have you around, Val.  You know that.” Adrian said with another laugh.  He could only nod with her observation about Mel, and he tapped his lip thoughtfully as she asked if he thought it was a real change, or just a phase.  “You know…she’s been through phases before…but this seems different, to me.  I think at the very least…it’s the start of a change for the better.  I think she’s growing up, Val.”  And that was the honest truth.

Joking around a bit more about their sister, he couldn’t help but bring up the idea of maybe an additional week out here so she could spend some time with Jeff, if she wanted.  “Yeah, it’s definitely a family conversation.  But honestly?  I know she’s really happy for you, too.  I’m sure she won’t mind.  I’ll keep her busy for the week.” he said with another playful wink.  She was right, though.  He couldn’t make this decision for Val or for Mel.

He was serious, though, when he said he’d be back here in a hot minute if anything changed.  He would always be there, no matter what he had going on in his life.  Or at least, that was what he liked to believe.  Adrian would do everything he could to ensure that he would be there every single time they needed him.

Falling quiet again as Mel started to sing again, Adrian couldn’t help but smile in pride at their baby sister.  She really had come a long way, and only really within the last year or so!  It was incredible.  Eagerly accepting the hug from Mel as she hurried back over to them, and he gave her a kiss on the cheek before sending her off for her own celebratory dinner.  It was just him and Val, now.  “Hmmm…I could go for a nice burger.  What do you think?  I think most places serve burgers, so it really depends on what you’re in the mood for.”  There had been a burger joint at the corner of the street that he’d passed on the way to the bar.  They could go there!

#16 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:50 PM

Valerie knew that she pushed herself and didn’t allow herself much of a social life.  She had gone on dates before, though, not that many but it was different to see so much of someone.  It wasn’t just her classes and volunteer work that kept her out of it, she was, normally too shy to put herself out there. And it was true that out of the siblings, Melissa tended to have the most active social life but that wasn’t always in a healthy way.  She had seen her brother leave dates, to never see those women again, over having to rescue one of his sisters, that was why she had been glad when she had found out Rose had come to the hospital with him.

Smiling at his words with a nod.  She knew her brother liked having her around , and she felt a little like he had been on his own for the last part of the trip that spending time with him would be nice.

Valerie just didn’t want Mel to feel like this decision had been made without her, even if she was fairly certain that Melissa would have no problem with her staying the extra week.  Smiling at her brother.  ”Oh, I’m certain you could keep her busy.  And yeah, I know she probably won’t mind.”

Valerie knew that she pushed herself and didn’t allow herself much of a social life.  She had gone on dates before, though, not that many but it was different to see so much of someone.  It wasn’t just her classes and volunteer work that kept her out of it, she was, normally too shy to put herself out there. And it was true that out of the siblings, Melissa tended to have the most active social life but that wasn’t always in a healthy way.  She had seen her brother leave dates, to never see those women again, over having to rescue one of his sisters, that was why she had been glad when she had found out Rose had come to the hospital with him.

Smiling at his words with a nod.  She knew her brother liked having her around , and she felt a little like he had been on his own for the last part of the trip that spending time with him would be nice.

Valerie just didn’t want Mel to feel like this decision had been made without her, even if she was fairly certain that Melissa would have no problem with her staying the extra week.  Smiling at her brother.  ”Oh, I’m certain you could keep her busy.  And yeah, I know she probably won’t mind.”

”Actually a burger sounds good.” Val hadn’t noticed the place, on her way here but figured it could be good.  She stood up, to get ready to go, when he was ready. 

#17 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:05 AM

Adrian laughed fondly as Val commented that he would be able to keep Melissa sufficiently busy enough so that she shouldn’t miss her sister too terribly much, if Val ended up deciding to stay.  “We’ll figure it out.  We can bring it up tonight after Mel meets back up with us.” he said with a smile.  As much as he would miss Valerie if she did stay an extra week, she needed to have some fun.  She needed to do something for herself once in a while.  He meant it, though.  He would be here as fast as possible, ready to bring her home to her family.

Coming to the decision of trying the burger joint down the street, he smiled as Val agreed.  “Awesome!  I hope they have milkshakes there, too.  Man, a burger and milkshake is just…the best.”  Getting to his feet with his sister, he placed a hand on Val’s back as he led her from the bar and he looked down the street.  “It’s this way.  I’m sure it’ll be great.  Kinda hard to fuck up a burger.” he said with a laugh.

Once they were seated, Adrian’s eyes lit up as he saw that they did, actually, have milkshakes!  Even better, they had flavoured vodka in them!  “I’m really glad you’ve had fun on these trips, Val.  I was a little worried that you wouldn’t.  That both of you would be bored out of your minds.” he said with a smile.  Truthfully, he had been a little lonely on this second leg, with the girls going off and doing their own things, but he had found ways to entertain himself, too.  He was just glad that they’d managed to enjoy themselves.  And if Mel was lucky, she might even get a job offer out of this trip!

“Do you have any more plans with Jeff?”  Before their initial departure, anyway.  If she stayed, then no doubt they would be spending more time together.

#18 Rose Newhall

Rose Newhall

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:24 PM

Val nodded as there wasn’t more to talk about with the possibility of her staying her an extra week.  The thought was a great one but it was a little scary to make that decision, maybe she should talk to Jeff about it as well.  

They arrived at the burger place shortly after leaving the club.  “It’s been a lot of fun.  I’m a little sorry though that we’ve not spent more time together, as a family , the last part of this trip.“ Valerie also ordered a milkshake, strawberry but true to form, ordered it virgin.  She then ordered a cheeseburger and fries.  Valerie normally ate healthier than that but she was on vacation. 

”We haven’t talked about it.  He said he would be at the bonfire later with his friends, though.” She would probably see him there , not planned, it couldn’t have been meeting up at the bonfire had been Melissa’s idea but also it was a common thing to go to. 

rosenewsig_zpsfc9b6398.jpg

#19 Valerie Morrison

Valerie Morrison

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

Val nodded as there wasn’t more to talk about with the possibility of her staying her an extra week.  The thought was a great one but it was a little scary to make that decision, maybe she should talk to Jeff about it as well.  

They arrived at the burger place shortly after leaving the club.  “It’s been a lot of fun.  I’m a little sorry though that we’ve not spent more time together, as a family , the last part of this trip.“ Valerie also ordered a milkshake, strawberry but true to form, ordered it virgin.  She then ordered a cheeseburger and fries.  Valerie normally ate healthier than that but she was on vacation. 

”We haven’t talked about it.  He said he would be at the bonfire later with his friends, though.” She would probably see him there , not planned, it couldn’t have been meeting up at the bonfire had been Melissa’s idea but also it was a common thing to go to. 

#20 Adrian Morrison

Adrian Morrison

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:52 AM

Adrian smiled gently at his sister as she commented on her disappointment that they hadn’t spent more time together.  “It’s alright, Val.  We don’t have to be attached at the hip all the time, and we did some stuff together.  Hell, I’m surprised you girls aren’t sick of me by now.” he teased, trying to make light of the situation.  They lived together – Adrian was always there for them.  No doubt sometimes they didn’t want him there, but that was just the way their family was.  He was willing to give up everything for his sisters, but he also knew that they needed their time apart, too.

“I really am happy that you’ve found someone to connect with.  And I know Mel is, too.”  Adrian was a little worried when he was out with her, but that was his protectiveness coming through.  He knew Valerie could look after herself, and was smart enough to only be with someone if it was safe.  There was less worry than if it was Melissa, but the worry was still there, nonetheless.  This must be what it felt like to be a parent…constantly worried for their child’s safety.

And yet, he and Val were the same age.  It was baffling.

Asking about Jeff’s plans, or rather her plans with Jeff, he nodded in understanding.  “Well, good thing we’re going then, hey?” he asked with a smirk.  “Well, even if he’s with his friends, I hope he at least comes to say hi to you.  To us.” he corrected.  This would be a family affair, but he wouldn’t complain if their plans changed.  Melissa might bring the band that she had played with, and want to spend some time with them.  Valerie might want to spend some time with Jeff, if they could get away from his friends.  He wasn’t so sure she would want to interrupt his time with them, though.  They would have to play it by ear.

“Regardless of the amount of time we have or haven’t spent together on this trip, the good times we’ve had together far outweigh the separation.  It’s been a really fun trip.  I’m glad we decided to do this.”  They all needed to get out of the city for a while.  Even if he was missing Rose like mad…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D