free hit counter

CSU is a text-based, self-hosted roleplay site created in 2013. It's set in Colorado at a fictional university. Register with your character's first and last name with proper capitalization. Unfortunately due to the presence of bots we've had to turn on admin validation of all accounts, so please be patient with us or drop us a message in the cbox to remind us you're here! Once your account has been validated, feel free to apply with a profile and join in the fun!

Centennial State University, founded in 1891, is a prestigious public university located south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Its remote location serves as a great higher education grounds, as there are little distractions yet many learning experiences. CSU offers a wide array of degrees, from wildlife conservation to video game design to dance, just to name a few. Our science and arts departments are among the nation's finest, and our intercollegiate athletics programs are rising up more and more every year. If you're interested in having both the experience of a lifetime and the best education in the midwest, then apply today and call CSU home.

APPLY | DEGREE PROGRAMS | CAMPUS LIVING | GREEK LIFE
Home    Search    Members    Calendar    Chat

Photo

Swallowed in the Sea

Ginger Lemond Andy Wolfe

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

Even she hated herself-- while that would have been a proper warning to most people, for Andy it was simply a revelation of how lonely she really was. Intriguing certainly wasn't the word he would use to describe that sort of worry he had for her, but he still felt the need to stick around nonetheless. What if he walked out and she overdosed next week? Most people might not have seen that as their problem, but he was the type of guy who couldn't take that in stride. Even if she hated him for it.

"I don't hate anyone," Andy said with a quick nod, which was certainly true. He could dislike a person, certainly, but the way he thought of someone was always subject to change. She seemed pretty set in the fact that he eventually would, though, so he mostly let it go. He blinked, however, as she told him what people normally said, and perhaps for the first time what she meant by "put out" settled in completely. She'd been serious, hadn't she? Which just brought a million other things to question-- did he seem like he wanted her to put out? Had that interaction gone that way? And just the terminology of it all inferred that she didn't  necessarily want to do it at all. So why did she feel she had that obligation?

Jesus. He was in way over his head. Why he was here he still couldn't quite explain, as she had a point-- it wasn't as if she'd given him much to go by other than a strangely bitchy attitude and a pretty face. So being here was perhaps a bit shallower than he'd originally thought. Still, he chose to dismiss the thought in favor of her next words. "I know," he admitted, brow furrowing; he just didn't fit in here. "But I'm fine. And I want to make sure you're okay."

Posted Image

#22 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Most of the time, Ginger never wanted to put out. It wasn't as if she just gave up her body for someone else's pleasure though. No, she enjoyed it after the initial act started, even if she had to keep pushing herself to enjoy it in the beginning. Benji, the guy whom she got most of her drugs from and sometimes supplied like tonight, was usually the worst. There had been times that he invited her over to his apartment off campus and, instead of having sex with her like he would make her think, he'd get her high and dish her out to other dealers in a sort of trade. She never remembered those nights, her body almost inducing a blackout so the experiences would traumatize her and send her into a deeper depression. 

"Whatever, Tod. Don't say I didn't warn you though." Ginger smirked, grabbing Andy's hand and pulling him back towards the kitchen, her empty cup at the forefront of her mind. She glanced back at Andy's cup, noticing that it was almost still near the rim with liquid and shook her head quietly, deciding to not say anything. Sure, she got freshman into drugs and she convinced people that didn't look like that belonged at parties to go to parties, but she never tried to pressure anyone to do anything. Andy obviously wasn't a drinker or a partier, and although she was described as a bitch, she wasn't going to be that person. It was probably for the better anyway. 

While she could have dropped his hand as they both entered the kitchen, Ginger kept hers between his until the frat boys around the several pitchers of punch had dissipated with their own red cups refilled. Dropping Andy's hand, Ginger filled her cup back up with the alcoholic punch and turned around to him, leaning against the counter as she sipped. She knew that if she was lucky, she could finish at least two more cups of punch before she reached her limit, and staying in the kitchen would help her reach her limit quicker. With a tilt of her head as she swallowed another gulp of alcohol, she spoke. "So tell me, little Wolfe, where do you see yourself in ten years?"

#23 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

Andy couldn't understand the thought process behind getting purposely fucked up to the point of losing memory. Then again he'd never really tried any degree of "fucked up," either; not that he'd snort anything like she was doing, but something tamer like alcohol or marijuana might have been worth a try. In his mind he didn't need to do anything like that to have fun, so perhaps it'd take some prying to get him to act his age. Regardless, watching her drink down her cup just after she'd obviously taken something else worried him a little. Did she do this often?

He chose not to ask, though, instead focusing on sipping a little of his drink. It was strong, but it was something to occupy himself with in a party full of people. Her question took him by surprise, which was clear by the way he looked back up at her, eyebrows raised as he cleared his throat. It took him a second to find his voice, as he wasn't even sure of his answer.

He'd be thirty then. It was hard to imagine. "Uh... well, I guess I want to be working for NASA," he said, though he knew it was a stretch to get hired by a company like that. "Or maybe some sort of programming or engineering company so I can get some experience and work for NASA later or something." He realized that it was a bit sad to talk about work only in ten years, so he searched for something else. "I don't know, it'd be nice to have a wife or something. What about you?"

Posted Image

#24 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

Putting the cup on the counter as her vision swayed a bit, Ginger casually placed her hands on the counter on each side of her. While she wasn't close to her limit, she could tell that she was too far from sober at the moment than she normally was. She mentally calculated how long it had been since her morning lines and also how much she had done each time, and came back with almost two more lines than she normally did. Which probably wasn't an entirely good idea in the first place, since Cocaine and Alcohol were rumored to, if combined in large amounts, be the most dangerous two-drug combination you could mix. 

While Ginger didn't particularly enjoy life without her other half, she wasn't someone who wished death upon herself, so she left her cup on the counter behind her and braced herself for the super high that the alcohol would cause once it finally fully hit her system and pumped through her blood. 

Trying to keep her thoughts focused on Andy and his answer to her question was a difficult task, Ginger found out. She nodded, her motions a little later than they should be as she steeled herself with concentration. Finally, his words began to make sense in her mind and she made a soft noise of understanding. "NASA, huh? I thought they shut down the space program a couple of months back." She said, her words just beginning to slur. "But I haven't really kept up on it, you know? I just saw an article in passing. Good luck with that, though." 

With all her concentration on the conversation and focusing on Andy, Ginger didn't have enough to spare on answering in a witty way. Her filter was completely gone, and not just the one she normally dropped, but the one that kept her from saying personal things that she didn't want anyone to know. "If I could have it my way, I would be a Nurse at Johns Hopkins in Maryland. But ever since Sophie died, I've been trying to become an Astronomer because her life shouldn't have been cut short and so I'm going to live it for her." She shrugged, her expression soft and sad but yet steeled with concentration. "And with the way I treat people, I don't really see myself ending up with anyone special. But I understand that I deserve that.

#25 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

Andy cringed slightly at the idea that the space program had been shut down; fortunately that hadn't been the case, but he couldn't help but have a gut reaction just to the concept that it might've been shut down. "No, it just lost a lot of funding," he explained, shaking his head. "But it hasn't been shut down, thank god. I mean, they still get funding from the government, just not as much. They did shut down the space shuttle program." He didn't mind geeking out, but judging from the way she was swaying back and forth, she was hardly sober to appreciate as much as he did.

Which a lot of people would have found as a good excuse to leave or rude or something, but Andy found it sort of worrisome. Involuntarily he reached out and placed a hand on her to steady her, but otherwise he wasn't sure what to do. It occurred to him that she could overdose and need to be taken to the hospital-- in which case what signs did he need to be looking for? He swallowed for a moment, deciding that he should've been able to tell. She wasn't in some sort of unconscious state, after all-- no need to panic just yet.

He blinked as she mentioned Sophie, his expression shifting considerably. It was an honorable thing to do, live for a friend, and while he'd never outright say it to her, he couldn't help but feel as though it was somewhat... pointless, as horrible as the word sounded. Plus if she was a good friend, she'd probably want Ginger to live for herself. Again, he'd never voice these thoughts, not in a thousand years. Besides, who knew what he'd have done if something happened to Avery? "Why wouldn't you deserve it?" He asked, pointing that bit out instead, his brows furrowing. That bit didn't make any sense.

"I think you treat people just fine," he said, looking down at his cup before he set it on the counter. He wouldn't be having any more of that at all, if only because he wanted to look after her. No sense in pretending to partake in it. "I mean, most people wouldn't have taken me to a party like this or anything. You've been nice to me, honestly."

Posted Image

#26 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:49 AM

A cold chill ran the length of Ginger's spine, spreading out across her skin in goosebumps. The cold was setting in, a well-known effect of cocaine use, and since the amount of cocaine she had taken was greater than the amount of alcohol she had consumed, the warming effects of the alcohol held no ground to the chills. She put her full weight back against the counter and wrapped her arms around her torso, shivering. This was the side-effect that she could never get used to and to her embarassment, she had forgotten her jacket back at home.

She glanced behind her, just barely able to get a good vantage point of the backyard through the kitchen window without falling over, and sighed. She was aching to dance, to feel other's body heat and the warm early summer night air push back against her goosebumps, but she was much to wasted to be able to maneuver her body out there and dance. Andy's question caught up with her mind moments after he had asked it, the silence between them filled with the party chatter, a girl's playful scream, and the hiss of the keg behind them both. "I've ruined a lot of lives. I've made decish...de-....choices that would turn even Mother Theresa away from the hope of my enlightenment." she spoke, slowing and sounding out the big words in an attempt to let her tongue catch up to her thoughts and allowing it to dictate.

Ginger averted her eyes from Ginger, her cards all slowly falling out onto the table for the red-haired boy to see. If he was looking, he could see how flawed she was. How the persona she kept up on a daily basis was fraudulent. The usual hard tones of her features were soft now, heavily dulled and numbed from the various substances in her body, and for the first time in a long time, Ginger was showing signs of being Hannah, the thoughtful and caring blonde haired vixen that she was up until just 2 years ago. "You're the only person who's even given me a chance, Andy." With a shrug and an attempt to shut herself up, her hands reached backwards for the cup she had placed on the counter. "And I'm pretty fucked up right now, even for my own standards so don't get used to this. I'll just be a bitch whether I like it or not tomorrow morning."

#27 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

There was a "gentlemanly" part of Andy that wanted to reach out and warm her up while she was cold, but there was something about the situation that made the action seem out of place. First of all, they were at a raging Kappa party and she had drugs pumping through her veins, so that was hardly the place where gestures like that were expected, much less appropriate. In fact, he could point out two guys just from his obscured spot in the kitchen trying to pull similar moves on girls, and all with ulterior motives. Of course he would've been genuine-- he really didn't like to see her cold-- but he didn't want to appear as if he was putting the moves on her, either. Besides, maybe she really didn't want to be touched. So he stayed a safe distance, wringing his hands in front of him as if to occupy himself.

An eyebrow raised as she spoke about ruining lives, though it wasn't a judgy expression. Instead he was curious but didn't know how to pry any further information out of her, so he just watched, trying to decipher just from her expression what she meant. It was hard to imagine her doing anything too bad, but he didn't ask. "Oh," was all he said at first, looking down at his hands, unsure of how to approach it. For a while he opened and closed his mouth as if to offer some consolation, but he had nothing to say.

The idea that he'd been the only one to give her a chance took him by surprise, but after a few moments of thought, he understood why. Considering how willingly she'd thrown herself at him, he imagined it was difficult for guys to take her seriously, especially when she was so damn high like she was at the time. They got what they wanted from her and were done, and to tell the truth, Andy still didn't quite know why he was an exception. He was just a good kid. "Well, I won't forget what you said," he said with a small smile. "You don't have to be, though. A bitch, I mean. And you weren't really a bitch before, either. You were kind of intimidating but you were still nice to me in a way. I don't know." His brow furrowed in thought and he looked away from her for a few seconds, confused and perhaps a bit flustered.

Posted Image

#28 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Ginger's fingers continued to reach back towards the cup on the counter, Andy's words falling upon silent ears as Ginger's mind faltered to be able to concentrate on anything other than one thing at a time, working at half capacity due to the amount of substances affecting her ability to do- well -anything at this point. Finally, her fingers found her cup, yet not in the conventional way, and the cup tilted over and spilled, the liquid covering the counter and splashing onto Ginger's shirt and jeans. Her movements away from the counter were staggered and delayed and she barely even was able to register the sticky, cold wetness that made her clothes cling to her body for more than a few seconds before her mind focused on something else.

Having missed what Andy had said and not really caring in her current state to ask him to repeat himself, Ginger grabbed at her bag that was slung across her chest. Her high had leveled out minutes before, but to Ginger it felt like she had already come down. That was the thing about Cocaine and why it was so addictive. The high were so intense and amazing yet they only lasting for just a blissful moment before they stopped climbing. For someone like Ginger, who craved escaping to world other than reality, cocaine was really just an overdose waiting to happen. 

Her eyes scanned the room sluggishly and she craned her neck to look through the window. From the kitchen, it was easy to view most of the house. It had an open bar that led to the living room and a window that could see out into the backyard. So when Ginger couldn't find Benji, she knew that he had to have just come to use her for her own product before he found a girl to leave with. Her eyes finally made their way back to Andy, who she was still surprised had stuck around to talk to her while she was in her state. "Have you ever done drugs, Wolfe?" Without even allowing him to answer her question, she rolled her eyes sloppily at herself. "Fucking hell, why do I have to ask. Of course you haven't, you're a nobody." Ginger reached out a clammy hand and grabbed his, squeezing it as she led him on a stumbling journey back to the same bathroom that she had gone into upon first arriving. "Since I can't find Benji and I need another pick me up, you're my new buddy for now. You don't have to- I just need someone there-" her voice trailed off once they reached the hallway.  

The bathroom was occupied and there was already a short line leaning against the wall outside of it. She shot a stern glance at Andy before she turned and pounded on the door, causing every head in the vicinity to turn towards her and stare. Ginger let her fist hit the door a few more times before she stood back and gave the person in the bathroom a chance to come out. If they didn't come out soon, she was going to resort to yelling. 

#29 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Sometimes Andy questioned the reality of the situation. Never having been to a party like this, much less around a girl who was so obviously and terrifyingly high, he didn't know how to handle it; as such the only thing he could do was stare at her in his confusion, swallowing a knot in his throat. It took him a moment to realize that she hadn't heard a damn thing he said, in which case he wondered if he should repeat himself-- but by that time she was taking him by the hand. "No--" He started, but she was already answering his question for him, and there was something about the word nobody that stung a lot more than it should have.

Andy didn't take pride in being a nobody. He took pride in not involving himself in such a white hot mess as this, maybe, but not in the fact that he was a nobody. Not in the fact that he wasn't even invited to parties like this, that girls always said no (which was their prerogative, he wasn't blaming them, he just wished someone would take interest), and that he was a loser by about ninety percent of the school's standards. By now he was starting to adjust to the fact that he'd graduate without having hit any social milestones beforehand, which really fucking sucked.

He tried to pass off her words, as now wasn't the time to dwell; she was clearly on the search for another fix and he just tagged along behind her like a little puppy, unsure how to handle this. Should he prevent her from it? Let her do it? It was impossible to work through all these things, especially considering the fact that it was so goddamn loud. The small line was a level of comfort-- he thought he had the opportunity to think through his decision-- but already she was banging on the door in her impatience and he knew he had to wing it.

"Hey, hey--" He said to her, swallowing harshly and placing a hand on her shoulder to gently tug her back. He was so meek; he didn't know how to do this. "Let's, uh. Maybe we should find a different room." God, that sounded wrong. Inwardly he slapped himself, shaking his head. "I mean there are other bathrooms, right?"

Posted Image

#30 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

Ginger's raised her hand up, her fingers curled into a fist, and was just about to bang on the door again when Andy spoke. It was mighty loud in the frat house, tons of people laughing and screaming and talking to one other under the influence of alcohol and weed, but Andy's soft voice rang clear as if there was a calm, quiet part of Ginger that was listening for it as the high faded and let her mind get back to it's unsteady barrings. 

Ginger turned towards Andy, her eyebrows furrowing. The entire night, or rather the entire time she had become acquainted towards the red-haired boy, he had never once hinted at wanting to do anything with her other than talk about NASA and how much of a geek he was and the future she imagined herself having. And, even with the haze clouding her thoughts, she was still able to slowly work through that he didn't mean sex. He just wanted to get her away from everyone else before she did something stupid and if she wasn't so entitled about herself, she would have thought about how sweet his gesture was.

While Andy's offer was tempting, Ginger didn't move away from in front of the door until she heard someone else speak. "Look at her eyes, she's cracked out." and then a returning voice, hushed but still loud enough to hear over the noise, responded. "Doesn't she fuck people for pills?" Embarrassment washed over Ginger's features, her face growing hot as she glanced at the door and then over at Andy again. Normally, Ginger couldn't give a fuck about what anyone thought about her, but surely Andy had heard. It wasn't that she liked him. It was that he was the first normal, good person who chose to stick around and actually ask her questions about herself that didn't involve why she gets fucked up on a daily basis or why she acts like such a bitch towards people she barely knows. Sure, she had basically been saying the same things about herself all night, telling him that she'll put out and wanting to get eagerly fucked up, but somehow, it sounded so much worse to have someone else say it in earshot of Andy. 

Pulling the strap to her bag back around her torso, she nodded her head towards Andy and spoke quietly. "Let's go somewhere else." Ginger began to walk without waiting to see if Andy was still going to follow her, holding her middle finger up to the side of the hall she'd heard the voices from as she walked past, gaze fixed ahead of her as she tried her best to not stumble or tremble from the chills she was still experiencing. Without a real idea of where they were going to go, Ginger just hoped that Andy had a plan for them.

#31 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

For some reason, Andy people gave people too much credit where it wasn't due. He gave too many people the benefit of the doubt when he should've know better, and this was no special case; it had nothing to do with Ginger, no, but the people they were surrounded by. The surprising words they had to say about her. Had he not known her, he might have passed it off as none of his business, but there was something about knowing this girl and the odd kindness she'd extended his way, well... he felt defensive. And angry, as strange as it was, as Andy rarely felt angry.

As such his eyes darted right up to the people who spoke, irritation written all over his features. "Hey, why don't you shut the fuck up?" He asked, though he felt awkward shortly thereafter; such words felt foreign on his lips, as he was fairly sure he'd never said something like to someone in his lifetime. There was a small moment in which he wanted to apologize, but it was short-lived, as the people who'd been stunned into silence were starting to jump to conclusions about him a little more quietly. It was clear that they thought he was trying to sleep with her.

The judgments other people passed on him were a regular concern of his, admittedly; he'd always been the sort of person who couldn't say fuck off and mean it. He was constantly striving to gain approval from people and these assholes weren't all that different, though there was something about it happening to Ginger made him care a lot less. Despite what they thought of her-- and what she thought of herself, judging by the way she spoke before-- he saw her differently. A mess, sure, as he knew quite well that these weren't even close to good decisions, but he didn't think she was as easy to pass off and shallow as that; he saw her as someone who had some serious issues to sort through, and he was interested to find the person underneath. To find out who she really was, because he knew she hadn't always been this way. 

Rarely did people choose to go down a pathway like this. He wondered what she might have been like before as he led her down the hallway, and he hoped to catch a glimpse of her at some point, but he knew now wasn't the time. Now as the time to try to figure out some course of action; he knew quite well that he wasn't about to allow her to get another fix, but how in the world he was supposed to stop her was beyond him. At least he could get her away from distractions. He found a room of one of his friends, Joe, and assumed the guy wouldn't mind as he opened it for her and let them both in.

Fortunately it was empty. He flicked on the light and closed the door behind them, hoping they wouldn't be disturbed. Again it felt awkward to be alone with her, judging by how she'd spoken to him before about putting out, so he just directed her over to the bed as he stood across from her, crossing his arms over his chest. There was nothing he could think of to say, however, so he just shuffled for a bit, eventually rubbing the back of his neck. "Are you uh... are you okay?" He finally asked, his worried eyes searching her face.

Posted Image

#32 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

The last thing that Ginger had expected Andy to do was to defend her. She would have even laid money down on him walking out the front door and putting everything that had happened that night behind him. Put her and her reckless habits behind him. But he did the opposite, standing up for Ginger when she was too embarrassed to do it for herself. The words left his lips and Ginger didn't rightly know how to react, having already been walking down the hall. She instead turned her eyes to the floor in front of her, doing her absolute best to weave between people without being noticed, and finally stopping for Andy once the crowd thinned out.

Andy took the lead and Ginger's eyes became fixed on the back of his head as they moved down an adjacent hallway, one much less crowded than the last. Thankful for the lack of judging eyes and hushed whispers behind hands, Ginger was able to take a deep, steady breath without having her guard so far up. She took in the image of Andy in front of her, noting that he wasn't living up to her first impression of him like she thought he would. Instead of the shy and socially awkward red-headed that she, upon first glance, took him to be, he was turning out to be something entirely different. And while Ginger tried to pin down what exactly he was turning out to be, the only thing that ran across her thoughts was that Sophie would approve of him.

When Ginger came back from her thoughts, Andy was directing her towards a bed and she sat down immediately, the chills turning into shakes that made her knees bump together uncomfortably. Crossing her legs to try to force the shakes to take a backseat in her mind, Ginger's fingers immediately went to her bag that rested on the bed beside her. With the intent to get her high back up to par, she unzipped the top of the bag and immediately began to search for the dime-sized baggie of cocaine that she had left after her earlier meet up with Benji. Andy's voice brought her out of her search for a few moments and she looked up at him, noticing the concern in his features. "Just another shitty night, Andy. It's nothing new." she sighed, continuing to dig through her bag. She was certain that she put the cocaine in her bag after their bumps. There were few things she could remember clearly, but that was one of them.

After another search through her bag, Ginger turned it over and dumped the contents onto the bed. Among the few regular things that were in there, tampons, a contact case, a phone charger and a few things from her makeup drawer, there was a good amount of drug paraphernalia. Several pill bottles, some filled with blank white pills and others holding buds of weed, a bowl and a one hitter, and a sandwich bag that held several brightly colored pill tabs. But there wasn't a baggie of cocaine anywhere. "Fuck!" Ginger exclaimed. "Fucking asshole." she continued, referring to Benji, who she was now certain had taken her fix for himself. Eager for the next best thing and trying her best to not feel self-conscious with Andy in the room, Ginger picked up the pill bottles, studying each of them in an attempt to remember just what exactly she had bought off the kid in study hall.  

#33 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

All Andy could do was stare as she searched through her bags, wringing his hands in front of him as he tried to settle on some plan of action before this got even any more fucked up.. He certainly hadn't known what he was getting himself into when he showed up to this party but he was just hoping that there was some way to put a stop to it. And as if by some miraculous twist of fate, she couldn't find it; as much of a shithead her friend was, Andy couldn't help but be grateful for him in this situation. His poor heart was beating so fast that he had to sit down next to her, though clearly the problem wasn't quite over and done with yet.

"Um, what are those?" He asked, not exactly smooth about it. It was clear by his tone of voice that he wasn't interested in taking them so much as he was worried. His eyes studied her face and he wondered what was on her mind, what could've possibly driven her to seek this solution to her problems. "Maybe we um... maybe we should call it a night. It's getting late. Save those for another party sometime, yeah?" Bad way of phrasing it, but he was just trying to figure out some way to save her.

Because yeah, it was starting to occur to him that if he didn't put forth some sort of effort, he could very well hear of her dying later that month at another stupid Kappa party. And while he was getting in way over his head, neither did he know how to walk away from it; he felt responsible now. He had to do whatever he could to help. "I didn't mean about, uh-- about what happened," Andy said a little belatedly, returning to his question from before. "I meant... are you feeling okay?"

Posted Image

#34 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

Growing more frustrated by the minute, Ginger tried her hardest to remember just the pills in the bottle were for. Sure, she liked to basically sedate herself in any way possible against the outside world, and she had a multitude of substances in her system at the current moment, but she wasn't stupid enough to take pills that she didn't know the name of. Dying before she received her degree in Astronomy wasn't something that Ginger was willing to do. "I don't know what these are. So I'm completely fucked." she said in return, her tone sharp enough to cut air.

"Just go ahead and cut the savior shit, Andy. You obviously don't want me to do the shit that I do but I can't live without it. So, for future's sake, next time I'm telling you to completely fuck off." Ginger fell back against the bed in an angry huff, the shaking in her legs not showing any mercy or sign of stopping. The night was going to be hard without anything to stop her chills and shakes long enough to let her fall asleep, but it would still be manageable. "Maybe I would fuck someone for pills. Who knows how desperate I'll get." Letting her voice fall silent, Ginger tried her best to cling to whatever high she had left, the several drinks she had downstairs lingering most longer than the cocaine did and making her world spin behind her eyelids.

However late Andy's response had been to her initial answer, Ginger's wait time was much longer. Lost in her head as she tried to ride out the rolling waves of nausea, shakes, and fading euphoria, she finally realized that the silence was becoming deafening and there was still one more thing to respond to. "You seem like the guy that wants the real answer so..." Ginger pushed herself up onto her elbows and squinted at Andy, her eyes sensitive after seeking the shelter of her eyelids. "I'm a complete mess, Wolfe. And there isn't anything that you can do to fix me.

#35 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Relief washed over him as she left the pills alone. Somehow this was all working out in his favor; he didn't even have to take any direct action to stop her, though he wouldn't have known what to do if he had to. His heart sank as he realized that he likely wouldn't have been able to. He was so meek and careful that any sense of force wouldn't have been an option; as such he wasn't even sure what to do after this.

Her words affected him, though, and it was clear by the expression on his features that he didn't know what to say. Was fixing her his intent? Helping her? Being a savior? He supposed it could look that way, but neither was he the sort to have a messiah complex. Being her savior wasn't something he'd take pride in at the end of the day-- it was simply something he had to do, as what would happen if he turned his back on her? Would he read an article in the paper about a cocaine overdose later in the week? Would she spiral into god knows what? She'd shown one act of kindness towards him and now he was invested; it wasn't a matter of being her savior, it was a matter of being a decent person.

Fixing wasn't the word he wanted to use, though. "I don't want to fix you," he told her, and he almost added that she wasn't broken, though he knew better than that. He sat near her on the bed, looking down at her as she propped herself up on her elbows. "It's not like that. I want to help you. Something's off and I get it-- I mean I don't know what addiction feels like but I get that it's not... I don't know. It's not a reflection of your character."

He frowned deeply as he looked down at his hands, brow furrowed slightly in the center. "You are a mess. But that's not something you can't get out of. You just need a little help." His expression was sort of sad, almost embarrassed as he looked back over at her. He figured he seemed naive, which wasn't far from the truth, but he truly believed the words that left his mouth.

Posted Image

#36 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

Ginger's gaze met Andy's and she frowned. This was a guy who seemed like he would rather spend his weekends in his dorm or in the library, studying for whatever big quiz would be coming up next, or really just for his own pleasure. It was becoming clearer that he wasn't the type to ever involve himself in anything even remotely risky, unless the end product would benefit his future in a positive way. Yet, here he was, involving himself in the train wreck that Ginger called living, doing his best to make sure that when she did crash, it wouldn't be as fatal as it could be.

For a moment, she pitied him, which was such a foreign feeling she almost didn't know what to call it at first. He was tangling himself into something that was so much bigger than it seemed, so much more impossible than it looked from the outside, and it was already past the point of turning back. It was the type of attention that was seen in movies, that every girl from the start of puberty wished she would receive at some point. And although Ginger wanted to be grateful that there was someone who seemed to care about her and not about what they could get from her, her fading high continued to nag her at the back of her mind. She was too far along in her addiction to be saved and she wasn't sure if she could consciously allow him to try without knowing that it's a lost cause.

"I don't need help." Ginger sighed, the alcohol finally, thankfully, getting her to the point of drowsiness. She let her elbows slide out from under her and stared up at the ceiling, watching the fan blades spin and sway directly above their heads. "I just need to numb myself until graduation. Then I'm done." Once the words left her lips, Ginger was aware that Andy was smarter than her usual company. He wouldn't take her statement to it's most innocent meaning. Whether it be immediately or after a delay, he would know what she truly meant and in turn, get his first glimpse at just how hopeless and sad Ginger was underneath her haze of substances. A part of her hoped that it would scare him away while another part of her, one she tried her best to ignore, wanted him to stay. She was going to hurt him one way or another and for the first time in a long time, Sophie's death wasn't the reason she craved another high.

#37 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

It was simply true that Andy didn't understand a damn thing about Ginger's way of living. He'd never even met someone who had an outward addiction, at least to his knowledge, yet here he was dealing with a girl who'd tipped all the way over the edge. His understanding of it came from tv shows and movies, hardly an accurate representation, though at least he was aware of it. As such he was left in the dark, unsure of how to help her or how to even convey to her that she needed to be helped-- that it was okay to accept help.

He understood what she meant by until graduation, though, in which case he just frowned and sat there, unsure of how to answer that. "Why until graduation?" He asked for good measure anyway; the meaning behind the question was more along the lines of why at all. Why was graduation a stipulation? What made graduation so necessary? He recalled what she said before-- that she had to live for Sophie-- but what made graduation such an end to that? His curious eyes scanned her, brow still furrowed in worry, his hands wringing in front of him.

"Should we go? I can take you back to my apartment and you can rest there for a while," he offered after a few moments, swallowing thickly. Once again he wasn't trying anything with her, so much as he wanted to make sure she got somewhere safely. To make sure she kept breathing through the night, honestly; she'd had so much already that he couldn't help but worry about her. 

Posted Image

#38 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

Ginger let her eyes close, a smile on her lips as Andy spoke with concern lacing his soft voice. Everything about him seemed to be gentle, something that Ginger wasn't used to. His hands when they first, quite literally, bumped into each other. His eyes whenever she caught him looking at her. His voice when he answered her questions and ask some of his own. Everything about Andy screamed nice and gentle and it was such a contrast from Ginger's rude and sharp demeanor that usually garnered the same back at her.

"You have a sweet voice, Andy." she began, eyes still closed and smile still resting on her lips. "Like you haven't been around the block a few times like the rest of us." Ginger wasn't sure that she even knew what she meant when she said the rest of us but still she didn't resume to explain herself. Instead she turned over and curled up on her side, cradling her head in the crook of her elbow as her hair fell across her forehead and trailed behind her. She looked up at Andy and smiled. "I hope you don't have to. There isn't too much to see."

Taking a long breath, Ginger yawned and closed her eyes, not bothering too much to cover her mouth with her hand as she did so. She was tired, having not had much sleep within the past few days, and the chills and shakes had finally taken a break.(although she knew they'd be back soon; they always came back.) Upon Andy's offer to move back to his dorm, Ginger frowned. She didn't feel like moving. She was warm and her legs were still for once and she didn't even feel that much of a need to find a new high to latch her thoughts into. Moving was the last thing on her agenda, to be quite honest. Curling up tighter, Ginger gave Andy a smirk from where he face was nestled in her arm. "I'm not fucking getting up. But if you want to carry me, feel free. It's the only way I'm leaving this house until morning."

#39 Andy Wolfe

Andy Wolfe

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Sweet was most definitely a word people used for Andy. It usually went along the lines of "you're sweet, but--" and in this case he expected no differently. Odd how he'd spent enough time with this girl to see that she was a horrible idea in the first place, yet the prospect of rejection of her merited a sink of his stomach; he waited for it, sickened frown on his face, but she seemed to conclude the idea in a different way. 

Judging by her words, it was clear that she didn't like the mess she was in whatsoever. And while most (normal) people might have had enough common sense to get the hell out of there, that only made his own situation worse; despite the fact that she hadn't asked for help, he still felt obliged to give it. It wasn't as if he had anything better to do with his time, after all, and he'd worry about her almost constantly if he didn't try. So in that moment he concluded that he'd do his absolute best to get her out of this mess, even if she'd hate him for it.

But he was quiet anyway, unsure of how to answer her until she spoke up about being carried. For some stupid reason he blushed but he moved forward quickly, nodding to her. "I'll carry you," he said unnecessarily, as he was already wrapping one arm underneath her knees and the other around her shoulders. Unfortunately he was pretty weak by nature, however, and while he managed to get her into his arms, he was already feeling like he was going to absolutely die by the time he had her out of the room.

He kept going, though. People were staring and it irritated him; he used that irritation as makeshift adrenaline, pushing himself forward until he stumbled out of the house and towards his car. His arms ached as he finally lowered her into the passenger's seat but he felt oddly proud of himself as he strapped her in. "Just-- yeah. I'll take you to my apartment and you can rest there, okay?"

Posted Image

#40 Ginger Lemond

Ginger Lemond

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Ginger hadn't actually planned on Andy taking her up on her idea. In fact, she had intended for the idea to just be a filler, a distraction until one of them fell asleep. Yet, the surprise that she should have felt when Andy's arm wrapped under her legs and lifted her up wasn't there like it should have been. Instead, in it's place was true, shy embarrassment. Of course he would pick her up. Of course he would go out of his way to make sure that she made it back to her dorm safely. This was the kid that was still around after a day of insults and rude words. Of course he would carry her if she asked. 

Ducking her head down as a warm blush crossed her cheeks, she let it lay against his shoulder as her shaky arms wrapped around his neck. Confusion blossomed in her mind as the new emotions tangled with the old. Annoyance battled with thankfulness. Pity fought against slight infatuation. She didn't want to think about what those feelings were hinting towards, a possibility that she just couldn't bare to consider.

As Andy moved down the stairs, his legs already shaking, Ginger briefly considered closing her eyes to avoid seeing the judgmental stares that they would more than likely meet as they headed out the door. Instead, her gaze moved upwards to look at Andy's face. The way he looked was rapidly changing in her mind and as much as she tried to stop it, to keep things where they were, he was becoming something different to her. Something more than she intended. His actions had set forth a course of motion that she didn't think that she would be able to stop. To hide, maybe, but it would take someone stronger willed than Ginger to stop it. 

Once outside, Ginger considered asking him to put her down. After all, his was quite obviously shaking from exhaustion at this point. Yet, just moving her lips seemed to be a difficult task. She hadn't noticed until this moment that she had been clenched her jaw painfully hard. It was just another small warning that she was beginning to go into withdrawals. Curling up tighter, bringing her knees closer towards her chest, Ginger hoped that Andy could hold out until he got to where he was taking her because there was no way Ginger would be able to control the spasms that shook in her legs and arms enough to maneuver anywhere. "Thank you." she spoke, her voice soft and muffled against the fabric of his shirt. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ginger Lemond, Andy Wolfe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

RPG-D